No Right Answer: Best Female Protagonist in Science Fiction Ever

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Sweet topic choice, and sweet choices.

Now then...

Spoiler

Spoiler

SPOILER!

DAN! WHY YOU FAIL US ALL SO WITH YOUR LESBIAN FANTASIES?!

Also...

Spoiler

Spoiler

SPOILER!

Congratulations, Kyle!

puff ball:
why has no one mentioned the fact that they both went for the same guy yet(Michael Biehn).
oh well my vote goes to ripely.

As soon as they said sexual tension, I thought of that (yeah, I only just watched it).

So would that mean that Sarah Connor wins by dint of actually landing him?

Where's Milla Jovovich? I am disappoint.

Ripley, all the way - not because she's female - I'd say she's the best sci-fi protagonist full stop. Even in Alien4, when she got all cloned, and broody and a bit lesbian, she still kicked ass.

Sarah Conner isn't even a close second IMO - she's just not a likable character.

Definitely Honor Harrington. She is almost the only female protagonist (protagonist, not character) I know I would actually be glad to become acquainted with. While still being kickass she is definitely positive person, who always acts responsibly.

Why is there a copy of the Twilight books in the background?!

Zoe from Firefly, Ripley from Aliens and usually looked over (not a protagonist however) Mon Mothma from the Star Wars Universe, becuase she was one of the founding members of the Rebel Alliance

Motoko Kusanagi can kick Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor down the street. But no doubt they'd get it straightened out and team up to take on the aliens, the predators, the terminators, and the American Empire all at once. Remember how much flop sweat Ripley and Connor let loose through most of their first films? Ripley didn't actually become an unflappable badass until she went alien herself, and Connor always looked like she was going to start crying when the plan suddenly went haywire. Each time. Major Kusanagi started by diving from a skyscraper naked and only then setting a diamondline on the way down, and finished by ripping off her own arms and mind melding with the Singularity. And that was only the first film. Tough from frame one.
Anyone who says Ghost in the Shell is not science fiction will be hunted down and flayed.
Honorable mentions to Aeon Flux, Ultraviolet, Tank Girl, and Deja Thoris.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here