Miracle of Sound: Miracle of Sound Live Concert at Escapist Expo

Pages PREV 1 2 3

TimeLord:

Not sure if serious.

Not everyone carries a lighter around you know? I found it extremely appropriate that in the age we live in and the fact that it was a concert with gaming songs that people used DSs, phones and other digital devices to simulate the effect.

That was really cool to see, actually! Loved that such a simple gesture could speak volumes about the age we live and the gaming/nerd/whatever this wonderful thing is that we all share here.

I saw Gavin perform live in Ireland and it was the most fun I'd had at a gig in years.
There wasn't as many folks there as there would have been at the Expo, but we still went mental upon Gav's command and sang along.

My friend and I waltzed to Joker's Song,too- was delighted to see some people doing it at the concert, but, really, everyone should have been for that one! :)

I'm jealous that I couldn't be there because it looked like so much fun and the crowd were awesome, too.

Well done to Miracle of Sound!

Recording doesn't do him justice, but I'm so happy you've uploaded this. Thank you :)

TimeLord:

Sober Thal:
EDIT: It Sickens me that you twats raised fucking cell phones to the live singing that Gav preformed.

Shame on all you silly children. Grow he fuck up, and embrace fire. It's this thing that kinda can make you human, and all. Raising techno shit fucks the whole mood and the whole song. Not that Gav will call you out on it... just sayin doods./

Not sure if serious.

I don't think I'm ever serious. If I was, it would be kinda lame ; )

(Was 'twats' a bit harsh?)

OT: Seriously tho, no one yelled FREEBIRD!

NOBODY!!!!

how come every time i try to watch this it comes up with a 5 minute video advertising all the other shows on the escapist? i wish to hear this hour-long epic!

The songs here would all have benefited from having some backup musicians rather than just a recording of the instrumentals, but even so its impressive how wired the audience became through the performance (even though I too noticed the awkward shuffling, particularly at the start). I'd have quite liked to go to the Expo even if it was just for this, but I could never justify travelling to the States for what is still qoing to be quite a small, budget event.

I wasn't there, but I sang and danced along anyway. :P Thanks for the great show, Gav!

TheCaptain:
Alright, that was epic.

purifico:
What an amazing dude. I wish I could have been there, oh well, maybe when there's a european gig.

See? It's not just me! European tour it is!

I agree!

Fucking brilliant performance, Gav. Wish I could have gone to the Expo.

Glad you played New Black Gold, I hoped you would. Love that song, it's still 1st in my 'top 25 most played' playlist on iTunes.

Sober Thal:

TimeLord:

Sober Thal:
EDIT: It Sickens me that you twats raised fucking cell phones to the live singing that Gav preformed.

Shame on all you silly children. Grow he fuck up, and embrace fire. It's this thing that kinda can make you human, and all. Raising techno shit fucks the whole mood and the whole song. Not that Gav will call you out on it... just sayin doods./

Not sure if serious.

I don't think I'm ever serious. If I was, it would be kinda lame ; )

(Was 'twats' a bit harsh?)

OT: Seriously tho, no one yelled FREEBIRD!

NOBODY!!!!

I yelled FREEBIRD near the end, but I haven't watched the video so I don't know if you can actually hear me. I yelled it before his last song I believe.

EDIT: Found it, that's me yelling, "FREEBIRD!" at 55:18 right after he said he ran out of songs and asks what we want to hear.

Susan Arendt:
-Snip-

Nasrin:
-Snip-

Yeah, her Shepard dance will forever be ingrained into my brain.

Sorry Susan DX

Fappy:

Susan Arendt:
-Snip-

Nasrin:
-Snip-

Sorry Susan DX

Eh, I don't mind. Normally, when I'm out and representing The Escapist, I'm super careful about not doing anything embarrassing or that could be misconstrued, but I was thrilled that we'd managed to pull off something that could've been a disaster, and celebrated with Kara by dancing like a doofus. I can live with that. :)

It's also entirely possible that I'd had more than my fair share of rum.

Susan Arendt:

Fappy:

Susan Arendt:
-Snip-

Nasrin:
-Snip-

Sorry Susan DX

Eh, I don't mind. Normally, when I'm out and representing The Escapist, I'm super careful about not doing anything embarrassing or that could be misconstrued, but I was thrilled that we'd managed to pull off something that could've been a disaster, and celebrated with Kara by dancing like a doofus. I can live with that. :)

It's also entirely possible that I'd had more than my fair share of rum.

To be fair, I'd have been disappointed if you didn't do the Shepard dance that night :D

This thread gave me some LOLs and smiles. Thanks guys :D

I hope I can go next time. Why does everything this cool have to be overseas?

Damnit I always get to these threads late :(
The concert was absolutely incredible. It was the best one I've been to :)
My only regret was that I chickened out when Gav asked who knew Mining all day long. Oh well a dream deferred :(

Susan Arendt:
As awesome as the video is, it doesn't begin to do the energy of that room justice. Such an incredible night!

I was singing along the whole time and dancing like crazy! And I can't dance and hate doing it so getting me to freak out like that is saying something.

I was the dude with the blue backpack and FFDP shirt next to you. I saw your dancing >:)

I've had your Joker song, Bastion song and Shepherd song stuck in my head since Expo. Your hooks and melodies are so freaking catchy!

Nasrin:
I've had your Joker song, Bastion song and Shepherd song stuck in my head since Expo. Your hooks and melodies are so freaking catchy!

Your not the only one! I spent all day at work singing Little Sister. I wasn't even a big fan of that song before the Expo! :D

Wish I could have been there!

This video has put me in a frakkin' fantastic mood, though!

Well, now I gotta buy Nord Mead and a number of other songs. I hope you're proud of yourself escapistmagazine.com

So here's the deal, I haven't played Arkham Asylum yet, but hope to at some point. Are there spoilers in that Joker song?

I wish I've been there, but alas, work never stops in science. I can tell that the show was better than the video shows.

I have to say this though. I think I do love my fellow countrymen for consistently being the most awesome crowds. You guys should come to some concerts in Mexico and experience a truly energizing crowd. It can go completely wild even with just the amount of people I saw in that room, and the rocking songs. It just may rub on you anglosaxons. ;-)

And yes, I'm jealous I wasn't there.

That was absolutely amazing. Words don't do it justice.

Was so hoping to hear a bit of Gordon Freeman (pun not intended?), but it was absolutely phenomenal to watch that - everyone was so into it and your voice is amazing Gav.

The atmosphere must've been great, but I don't think the Pogo is the appropriate dance for Nord Mead. I mean, the Pogo is a punk rock dance, and Nord Mead isn't that harsh a song; it's still rock/metal, but not punk.

I'm in Canada.
Can I please be spared these american political ads? Give me some Mr. Clean advertisement instead

As much as I like his music, those lights make me glad I wasn't there. They look like a recipe for a seizure.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here