Ishmael Returns

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Should I feel bad for Erin? Because I feel bad for Erin. You should all feel bad for Erin too, her expression in the last panel is heartbreaking.

That said, she's probably cooking up some revenge plan as we speak.

If Erin hadn't proven to be batshit insane throughout the past weeks, I'd actually feel sorry for her ...
On the other hand ... Maybe that's another explanation for her being so ... Erin? ... Oh well.

Someone needs an Xbox thrown at their head...

I can't imagine being able to put up with a job where the boss treats me like crap.

Poor Erin. I know what it's like to have notable journalist removed from your wikipedia page, along with your wikipedia page.

Idsertian:
Should I feel bad for Erin? Because I feel bad for Erin. You should all feel bad for Erin too, her expression in the last panel is heartbreaking.

Nope. Before, sure. But after several weeks of Erin gone Loco, I cant really feel to sorry for her now.

Daystar Clarion:

I can't imagine being able to put up with a job where the boss treats me like crap.

I can't imagine not being in a job where the boss treats me like crap.

Then again, due to trying to get a job in recession britain, I've never had a job that wasn't in a charity shop for no pay besides the odd cup of tea. I just kinda thought that's what all jobs are like. Ah, the last shreds of naivity that the internet and my own growing cynicism haven't managed to destroy...

WanderingFool:

Idsertian:

Nope. Before, sure. But after several weeks of Erin gone Loco, I cant really feel to sorry for her now.

This isn't really a serious complaint, I mean, it's a webcomic, so it's not exactly a big societal issue, so sorry if I sound a little hostile, but why does being crazy negate any and all sympathy for her? Crazy people do still have feelings. Well, unless their very condition is complete apathy, but Erin is far from that.

I've worked with people like that before. I know that feel.

First panel:

"Y u so mean to me?" :(

Gotta love working in the construction biz. Many faults aside, there is one definite bonus: You work with construction worker, electricians, engineers, & contractors. It creates an atmosphere where, if one is being treated poorly at work, they can promptly tell the offending party to "Go fuck yourself" & no one thinks much of it :)

Notable enough for you to try to drag her out of the hospital.

I've always liked the idea that Sharon is actually quite nice and Erin just brings out the worst in her.

Yeah no, She's just a bitch. With an ego as big as her implants.

Idsertian:

Well... as sorry as one can feel for a sadist, self or otherwise.

That said, she's probably cooking up some revenge plan as we speak.

Now THAT I can get behind >)

Daystar Clarion:

And you wonder why you can't find a job :P

She's still less of a twat than Erin.

It would be easier to feel sorry for her if she had not held someone at knife point, and gone insane.

Doclector:

WanderingFool:

Idsertian:

This isn't really a serious complaint, I mean, it's a webcomic, so it's not exactly a big societal issue, so sorry if I sound a little hostile, but why does being crazy negate any and all sympathy for her? Crazy people do still have feelings. Well, unless their very condition is complete apathy, but Erin is far from that.

ITs not purely because she's crazy, its more how she handled the whole ordeal. Mainly the throwing the XBox and events that fallowed.

At least she's smart enough not to pull an knife on her boss.

Despite the fact that she deserves it >.>

But why does Sharon hate Erin?

Hmmm...Is it because whenever Erin goes crazy, (like that bit with the new girl, and the knife), it's Sharon's job to go and fix everything?

I guess if I had to deal with all the problems Erin causes I would hate her a bit too, but I don't think we have ever seen her have to do that. Also, even if that was the reason, all this seems a bit personal.

Doclector:

Daystar Clarion:

I can't imagine not being in a job where the boss treats me like crap.

Then again, due to trying to get a job in recession britain, I've never had a job that wasn't in a charity shop for no pay besides the odd cup of tea. I just kinda thought that's what all jobs are like. Ah, the last shreds of naivity that the internet and my own growing cynicism haven't managed to destroy...

And I still think I have better chances of finding a job if I move to Britain. For example, a cousin of mine knew no English when he went there and works as a maid in a hotel and general helper for whoever would hire him. He earns a comfortable living this way, unlike most people who stayed in my country.

I really like the way you did the eyes. They're just more vibrant and lifelike.

Also, Erin's Wikipedia page says she died in Vietnam...

OK, that was uncalled for. Sure Erin's a bitch, but even she didn't deserve that.

Pfffft, everyone knows Sharon is really a tsundere lesbian with the hots for Erin. :P

tmande2nd:
It would be easier to feel sorry for her if she had not held someone at knife point, and gone insane.

Did the coining of the term "twinkle-tits" not make it up to you? D:

Anyways, if I remember correctly, she chucked an Xbox at Sharon's head (that was Sharon, right?). This is expected backlash.

WanderingFool:

Doclector:

WanderingFool:

ITs not purely because she's crazy, its more how she handled the whole ordeal. Mainly the throwing the XBox and events that fallowed.

I think that was a reasonable reaction, to be honest.

Well, that probably says more about me than I'd like, but still...

lacktheknack:

tmande2nd:

Anyways, if I remember correctly, she chucked an Xbox at Sharon's head (that was Sharon, right?). This is expected backlash.

No, that was her friend with the red hair.

:( I can't remember how to spell her name...It starts with a M.

Imp Emissary:

lacktheknack:

tmande2nd:

Well, THAT explains why she's still hired.

Maybe M is friends with Sharon.

Fappy:
At least she's smart enough not to pull an knife on her boss.

Despite the fact that she deserves it >.>

At least when Erin pulled the knife on the new girl she gave her some compliments first.

Without seeing the reason why Sharon is mean to Erin, she just seems a bit obsessed.

RJ 17:
Pfffft, everyone knows Sharon is really a tsundere lesbian with the hots for Erin. :P

This theory has already been disproven. ;p

<_< Unless Grey lied.

lacktheknack:

Imp Emissary:

lacktheknack:

Well, THAT explains why she's still hired.

Maybe M is friends with Sharon.

I don't think so. The only time I think they were in the same room was after the car crash, and Erin's friend wasn't too happy to see Sharon if I remeber correctly.

Besides, Sharon has been mean to Erin from the start of the comic. Not this mean though. It use to be more like, "I'm the BOSS! Do what I say or else! GRRRR!"

Now it seems more like her hobby, or something.

Imp Emissary:

RJ 17:

This theory has already been disproven. ;p

<_< Unless Grey lied.

Oh it's definitely true, no matter how much Grey denies it. The same way a tsundere character ALWAYS denies liking the character they're mean towards. They constantly tell the person they love how much they hate them, how much they're disgusted by them, etc, when deep down they're madly in love with them.

So maybe Grey doesn't even realize it himself, and that's why he denies it. But deep down, in his heart of hearts, he knows it's true. I'd say this comic more than anything proves the point. :P

It's been a while since I've started from the beginning and read through all the comics, but I'm pretty certain that Erin has never done anything to out-right make an enemy of Sharon (could be wrong on this, as I said, I don't fully remember). So why with all the hate, Sharon? Why all the nice-nice with everyone else? Methinks she doth protest too much... :3

"Because your gelatinous form disgusts me"

Ha! Sharon is awesome, I missed her.

Why is Sharon art style so radically different from all her other appearances? I liked her taller version, just because it made her seem more like a "royal bitch," rather than her new one that screams "erin's offiemate."

Huh, if Erin is supposed to be fat, then this comic is spreading an unhealthy body image. Or something.

Skeleon:
Huh, if Erin is supposed to be fat, then this comic is spreading an unhealthy body image. Or something.

Think of Will and Grace and then think of all the times Jack called Will fat.

Erin's face in the last panel... Fine, I like her again after that series arc. :'(

Subscribing to the tsundere theory.

For erin to "bring out the worst in her", erin would have to do something first, then boss could go insane as a reaction.

This aint what happened, she was already on erin's wikipedia page (so instead of doing her job she spends time looking up erin online?) and summoned erin so she could tell her and act all tsunderish.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here