Escapist News Wrap: No Sex, No Bacon, and No Minecraft on Windows 8

No Sex, No Bacon, and No Minecraft on Windows 8

This week, it's our solemn duty to report on a bacon shortage next year. There's also news on the Mass Effect front, Obsidian Entertainment's Project Eternity Kickstarter reaches $2 millions and Notch won't support Minecraft on Windows 8.

Watch Video

I see you wore black for the top story.

this is a good show keep it up :)

Why is Steve show as editor and chef? I thought he left?

raptor1181:

Cause I need to update my New Wrap template, heh.

yngi:
this is a good show keep it up :)

Thanks, yngi! We plan to!

I am pretty sure Minecraft is going to be on Windows 8, it just won't be "certified" meaning Microsoft takes 30% of their revenue and "allows" them to sell it in the Metro store.

I wouldn't mind half of Microsoft's missteps with Windows 8 if they hadn't rammed the Metro store down our throats. Their end goal is to make desktop and laptop Windows 8 as locked down as any tablet or phone, which is just not right, users should be able to install ANY legal software on devices they own.

Slycne:

raptor1181:

Cause I need to update my New Wrap template, heh.

O ok that sucks I miss Steve. I guess there goes my last ray of hope.

No bacon! I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Thanks Greg! I heard about this Bacon disaster on the way to work this week and on the way back I bought three packs and sold them.

I will survive this. The bacon stockpiling has begun.

Oh and Windows 8 won't have Minecraft? Yet another reason why I'm not going to touch that OS with a fifty foot pole. From my car. Before driving back to Windows 7.

I will keep an eye out for this video series henceforth.

The existence of Omega dialogue does NOT mean that the DLC is content which cut from the game. It means that -- shock -- that story arc has been known for some time, and in development and voice recording some content in regard to it was made. NOW the story arc is being realised proper. FFS.

Noticias envoltura se traduce al espa˝ol?

Alternately...

Nouvelles pellicule se traduit en franšais?

Alternately, alternateley...

Nachrichten Wrap wird auf Deutsch Řbersetzt?

Well. There goes my bacon/minecraft/sex shop idea.

I'm not sure I like where we're heading computer culturally, with a lot more restrictive content you need to pay another company (albeit indirectly) in order to have the privillage of using it. I know it's better than the atari 2600 era problems, but we also have much better companies for software than we had then.

You know...

From the sounds of it Windows 8 is going to be one hell of a bitch to run Pirate games. If that is the case this will be rammed down every single one of our throats.

As this is a news show I feel the need to correct a glaring factual error. Minecraft already runs on Windows 8. The 'controversy' if you can call it that... Is the Windows 8 store certification. Minor misreporting but in a news show the facts do matter. At least in the UK they do... We don't have a fox news after all.

theblackmonk90:
As this is a news show I feel the need to correct a glaring factual error. Minecraft already runs on Windows 8. The 'controversy' if you can call it that... Is the Windows 8 store certification. Minor misreporting but in a news show the facts do matter. At least in the UK they do... We don't have a fox news after all.

You can watch it on sky tv.

turrel1981:

theblackmonk90:

Thank God I don't have sky!

Hah we Dutch laugh at your pork shortage whilst nomming our sweet bacon.

theblackmonk90:

turrel1981:

theblackmonk90:

Jealous? if you did you would find it hilarious, better than any stand up comedy show.

You know what the sad part about this is?

Minecraft runs flawlessly on windows 8.

Mr F.:
You know...

From the sounds of it Windows 8 is going to be one hell of a bitch to run Pirate games. If that is the case this will be rammed down every single one of our throats.

That's what they want you to believe. I'm pretty sure it won't even take 72 hours from official Windows 8 release before piracy runs full steam ahead.

turrel1981:

theblackmonk90:

turrel1981:

Jealous? if you did you would find it hilarious, better than any stand up comedy show.

Jealous? Of America having Fox New? No. I did a politics degree at university and Fox News makes me genuinely angry.

It's interesting how many people confuse Windows 8 with Windows RT (The "metro" component of Windows 8). It is on Windows RT, that, apparently, Minecraft won't be able to run.

Windows RT is basically just a sandbox within Windows 8 that is aimed at tablets that can be easily compared with iOS and Android. The fact that Microsoft has chosen to make this new sandbox a part of Windows 8 itself is obvious, and I really dont understand the vandetta against it amongst so many people.

Would it also be against Notch's "principles" for minecraft to run on Android and iOS???? To be honest, I find it laughable.

And Windows is as open as it has ever been with Windows 8, by the way! I say this as a developer.

Wow, all the excitement of somebody with a monotonous voice reading press releases, combined with the inconvenience and tedium of a video podcast!

There's going to be a major bacon shortage next year, huh?

I had to tell my sister. She was devastated...

Well of course gamers want bigger breasts, and we expect Team Ninja and everyone behind DoA to deliver. That means, bigger bouncy boobs on the females. But it doesn't have to stop there. Why not have a mode in which all characters, female, male, animal, spectral, all will have giant boobs. In fact, new idea here: a mode where both characters are just giant bouncing boobs.

They'll sell millions not only because of the desperate Forever Alone boys who have never even seen a woman, but add the thousands upon thousands of gamers who will get the game because of the pure craziness of the idea.

Bloody clickbait video titles!

So I am to understand their will still be Bacon and Sex on Windows 8?

I was going to skip next windows anyway (in the same way I skipped Win95, WinMe and WinV)
Maybe Win9

theblackmonk90:

turrel1981:

theblackmonk90:

Jealous? Of America having Fox New? No. I did a politics degree at university and Fox News makes me genuinely angry.

i meant not having sky muppet

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here