Trailers: Halo 4 - Weapons of the Covenant Trailer

Halo 4 - Weapons of the Covenant Trailer

With all of this weaponry there will never be peace in the Halo universe.

Watch Video

So only two new weapons, and the Fuel Rod Cannon has been turned into the Brute Shot.

Hmm. I get the feeling that some executive saw the Borderlands 2 trailer and said "Crap! We need some of these 'wubs' for our game! Show those gamers that our steps are the dubbest around!"

Soviet Heavy:
So only two new weapons, and the Fuel Rod Cannon has been turned into the Brute Shot.

If you want new weapons, you're going to want to check out the Promethean weapons, that's where all of the new weapons are...that and there are a couple of new UNSC ones.

OT: Eh...little late to the party Escapist, this video has been out for a long time. Hell, the Promethean weapons trailer is already out.

The flashing neon colors, the pastel armor colors, the "We've got a new king!" in an Arcade fighting game announcer's voice...

Halo has officially become a J-pop wannabe. Enjoy your train-wreck, Xbox.

SnakeoilSage:
The flashing neon colors, the pastel armor colors, the "We've got a new king!" in an Arcade fighting game announcer's voice...

please tell me your a troll, right.

Why the hell is the Concussion Rifle still around? It sucked ass compared to the old Brute Shot. Yes, I know the Brutes aren't in this one, but if the Gravity Hammer is coming back then why not the Brute Shot.

Other than that, looks good. Storm Rifle looks a lot better than Reaches Plasma Reperater, and I'm glad the Bean Rifle is coming back.

SnakeoilSage:

What are you talking about? Halo has always been FABULOUS

Soviet Heavy:

Actually, the Storm Rifle is the only new weapon in the video, and while the Fuel Rod Cannon definitely sounds like a Brute Shot its original function appears to be intact.

That was the most dissapointing thing i've seen as a Halo fan. No new weapons basicly, and they changed the primary starting weapon for covenant to literaly an alien looking assault rifle instead of reachs default weapon which i liked a lot actually.

Even if they are introducing new promethean weapons there should still be a balanced/spread out amount of new content for each set :/

The Reclaimer weapons seem better to me. Hopefully with all the new weapons they are adding, the game will not become too unbalanced.

It's still going to have the most infamously-overpowered pistol in the history of videogames though, right?

(*is not thoroughly invested in halo just yet*)

I think Reach is officially my last Halo title. One thing that did throw me was the date: 6.11.12. I forgot that in Europe they do Day Month Year, which actually makes more sense if you think about it..... But then so does the metric system.

So, this set includes exactly one new weapon.

What exactly was the point of this trailer again?

The Tall Nerd:

SnakeoilSage:

please tell me your a troll, right.

I really wish I was. Halo has been steadily draining its machismo out since Halo 2 whizzed down its own leg.

SnakeoilSage:
snip

halo....2 was the bad one....
and no one really has any problems with teh halo franchise, besides it being a 4....

erttheking:

Soviet Heavy:

If you want new weapons, you're going to want to check out the Promethean weapons, that's where all of the new weapons are...that and there are a couple of new UNSC ones.

OT: Eh...little late to the party Escapist, this video has been out for a long time. Hell, the Promethean weapons trailer is already out.

What new promethean weapons?

All I saw in that trailer was the assault rifle, pistol, rocket launcher, Sniper Rifle and Shotgun with different colors and names.

I was giving Halo 4 a chance to see if they did something new, however it's clear that they can't give two fucks and are just rehashing their last game with a few more polygons.

The Tall Nerd:
and no one really has any problems with teh halo franchise, besides it being a 4....

Whatever dude. In regards to Halo, I'm in Yahtzee's camp. The series continually fails to impress me.

Angry Juju:

erttheking:

Soviet Heavy:

What new promethean weapons?

All I saw in that trailer was the assault rifle, pistol, rocket launcher, Sniper Rifle and Shotgun with different colors and names.

I was giving Halo 4 a chance to see if they did something new, however it's clear that they can't give two fucks and are just rehashing their last game with a few more polygons.

Minus the sniper rifle being more powerful, the Supresor being more like an SMG than a assualt rifle and the rifle and pistol both having different fire modes. Oh and the shotgun is more like a grenade launcher

SnakeoilSage:

The Tall Nerd:

Whatever dude. In regards to Halo, I'm in Yahtzee's camp. The series continually fails to impress me.

Uh, how can you be in the Yahtzee camp when the guy admitted that Halo 3 was his first game?

SnakeoilSage:

The Tall Nerd:

i myself like he universe, i like how it can be humorous and serious at the same time and i like the mythos around master chief rather than master chief himself, that is why i believe if for some reason in the story they started making more Spartans, then serires would get even more popular, self actualization fantasies.

erttheking:
Minus the sniper rifle being more powerful, the Supresor being more like an SMG than a assualt rifle and the rifle and pistol both having different fire modes. Oh and the shotgun is more like a grenade launcher

Different numbers does not account for a different gun.

If they at least tried then I would be fine with it. There are clear differences betweeen covenant and spartan weapons, with covenant having things like the needler and spartans having weapons like the spartan laser.

I see no substantial differences between the new promethean weapons and the older spartan weapons.

Angry Juju:

erttheking:

Different numbers does not account for a different gun.

If they at least tried then I would be fine with it. There are clear differences betweeen covenant and spartan weapons, with covenant having things like the needler and spartans having weapons like the spartan laser.

I see no substantial differences between the new promethean weapons and the older spartan weapons.

Different numbers...if we were talking about WOW, that might have meant something.

And by your logic, Carbine/Needle rifle equals BR/DMR, plasma pistol equals magnum, Rocket Launcher equals fuel rod, plasma repeater equals assault rifle, plasma pistol equals magnum, plasma rifle equals SMG, sniper rifle equals beam rifle/focus rifle and spartan laser equals plasma launcher (and don't tell me that they're nothing alike. Slow charing weapons with a zoom meant for anti-vehicle purposes, they sound pretty similar) by your logic, Halo has just been making different copies of the same guns for awhile now and not just for 4. Each faction has around one unique gun if you're going to do that. If the Promethan pistol, which has a secondary fire mode that is very much like a shotgun, is just like the magnum, then the plasma pistol is just like the magnum too. That's how the guns in Halo work, they're enough to be familiar but just enough to be different, and each of the Promethan weapons have their own unique spin on it. The rifle has a secondary firing mode where it only fires one shot instead of three, meaning it's most likely got the longest range out of all of the starting weapons (presumably) the pistol has a mode where it fires like a shotgun, like I said the scattershot is much more like a grenade launcher, it has a much longer range, and the sniper rifle is much more powerful, to the point where a body shot is lethal to a fully shielded Spartan, albeit because of this each clip only has two shots. We also have the storm rifle, the Railgun and the SAW, in addition to the Mantis, a completely new enemy, a new story line, a new game type, a new setting, and a new enemy. I really don't see how Halo 4 isn't doing anything but bringing a lot of new stuff to the table

erttheking:

SnakeoilSage:

The Tall Nerd:

Uh, how can you be in the Yahtzee camp when the guy admitted that Halo 3 was his first game?

By being someone who has played all of the Halo games and arrived at the same conclusion (albeit much less efficiently). Co-op was the only reason I paid the series any attention at all, because at the time consoles were getting into networked deathmatches and my buddies hadn't realized local co-op was apparently dead. Beyond that they were about as lackluster as you can get. There is literally nothing in them that hasn't been done better in different games, but its simplified design seems to draw in people who, for lack of a better word, need to be hand-held through every aspect of game play. No offense.

Let me just put it this way. My dad enjoys Halo, because it's one of only two games he can play to completion. The other is Mario Kart.

The Tall Nerd:
i myself like he universe, i like how it can be humorous and serious at the same time and i like the mythos around master chief rather than master chief himself, that is why i believe if for some reason in the story they started making more Spartans, then serires would get even more popular, self actualization fantasies.

What mythos? He's every space marine ever, and his lack of personality was designed so players could replace his personality with our own. And every facet of the setting is copy-pasted from another sci-fi setting. They just give them different names, ones so bad you can hear them flipping the pages of their thesauruses. Let's call this alien... "Abberate Egesta." Yeah. Sounds crytpic.

Sorry. I'm bitter about something else. You're welcome to enjoy Halo and even defend it on its merits, but there's nothing that's going to convince me it's worth the hype it gets.

SnakeoilSage:

The Tall Nerd:

What mythos? He's every space marine ever, and his lack of personality was designed so players could replace his personality with our own. And every facet of the setting is copy-pasted from another sci-fi setting. They just give them different names, ones so bad you can hear them flipping the pages of their thesauruses. Let's call this alien... "Abberate Egesta." Yeah. Sounds crytpic.

Sorry. I'm bitter about something else. You're welcome to enjoy Halo and even defend it on its merits, but there's nothing that's going to convince me it's worth the hype it gets.

i said around him AROUND not him
so that would include
the back story of the universe aliens other marines
other still active Spartans
the books, comic books
anime
and other stuff

like i said, i like why he is here and where he is , i dont like him that much, besides the cool voice.

also im not trying to convince you , i was just saying why i like it, you can hate it for all i care, its still going to sell
*shrugs*

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here