The Big Picture: Schlocktober 2012: King Kong Lives

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Schlocktober 2012: King Kong Lives

The greatest love story ever told ... featuring giant gorillas. Also starring Linda Hamilton.

Watch Video

You know, I haven't lurked the forums in forever, are people still seeking validation by being the first to comment on a video?

Seeing Lady Kong for the first time, I could just imagine the guys at rifftrax saying "Katie Couric!" in my mind... freaking rifftrax on my mind.

As for the romance... d'awwwwwwwww....

Could not keep a straight face for any of those clips you showed.

I have to see this movie now.

Still a better love story than Twilight!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lady Kong has a set of knockers.

What the hell did I just watched?

Heh, that does seem enjoyably goofy.

Look kid, there are only 3 real monsters. Dracula, Blackula, and Son of Kong.

Those giant medical tools sure gave me a good chuckle. Looking forward to whatever next week's focus will be (never liked king kong in any incarnation, so I'm sort of thrilled to be moving on from it).

Oh a whim I googled Queen Kong.

The 1970's have a lot to answer for.

I guess besides birthing John Conner, Skynet also feared Sarah Conner's ability to successfully execute giant gorilla heart surgery. Up next: Kong vs. the Terminators.

bdcjacko:
Look kid, there are only 3 real monsters. Dracula, Blackula, and Son of Kong.

Haha! I love Futurama.

Ape not monkey, has Planet of The Apes tought us nothing?

I think an opportunity was missed to have someone fall into that gaping hole in Kong's chest...

That was glorious. Thanks Bob.

I have seen this one! They aired it on TV about millenium ago in my country! And I kind off missed the point that it had a prequel, because they didn't care enough to show us that one first.

Schloctober... always full of surprises.
Can't wait for next week :)

Is it November yet? Please.

Kong banging his Lady... serious monkey business.

Keep 'em coming Bob!

Vie:

Please tell me that Queen Kong was NOT the first thing to make you realize this.

Wait, that scene with the blood transfusion was more like a heart/ organ transpant? Also yeah, that make real sense to send hundred or hunter to take on a giant ape, that was smart (couldn't help to laugh when Kong snap that guy in two).

Vie:

Please tell me this is an instance where Rule 34 does NOT apply!

Did Bob just show us a clip of King Kong getting a blowjob?

I might have to go hunt this down, just to watch the Gulliver-themed primate surgery scene. That and...was Kong getting a blowie? That was...interesting...

Calling it next week is either white buffalo or Orca

Giant monkey heart surgery followed by giant monkey foreplay.

Maybe he should have stayed dead...

Yep, called it last week and no doubt next week will be Orca, being the more "direct approach". Although I'm interested in what is coming up in the third week. Just what else did this man produce? I'm not sure if The White Buffalo is really infamous enough. We shall see.

The giant heart surgery is pretty much the only thing I remember about King Kong Lives since as Bob has shown is quite a strange but striking visual... and of course just plain stupid.

Fun side note is that both of these Kong films were directed by John Guillermin, also director of The Towering Inferno and Death on the Nile.

The tag line on queen kong was priceless! "she is in one of her moods again!".

What didn't this movie have? Comedy sized operating equipment, jungle love, guy getting made into paste ... it has it all!

This all feels like monkey business, but on the hole, this is pretty fun.

It just occurred to me that theres an interesting connection between these movies and Crank 1 and 2. Namely that in the first one of both movies the main character falls to what should have been there death and the in the sequels both come back with artificial hearts and get busy. Is crank some crazy re-imagined remake?

Almack:
Calling it next week is either white buffalo or Orca

More likely Orca. I had recently watched White Buffalo and it's not much of a Jaws rip-off. It's more like a rip-off of Jaws: the Revenge in that the titular killer whatsit is hardly in the movie and it's mostly focused on the human (yawn) drama.

that surgery was... weird... i found it oddly disturbing, and i don't know why...

Vie:

That poster's tagline alone is enough to induce near-lethal face-palming.

Mortamus:
This all feels like monkey business, but on the hole, this is pretty fun.

Speak for your own holes!

Sp basically this has the same plot as Avatar?

That's gotta be one of the strangest movies I have ever seen.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here