Trailers: Of Orcs and Men - Launch Trailer

Of Orcs and Men - Launch Trailer

Damned humans and their lack of respect paid towards the noble orcs.

Watch Video

I do respect studios that do games from the 'evil' PoV.
I certainly will keep an eye out for this one.
However I will wait for reviews before considering purchases because the action RPG genre feels as bloated as the FPS browno-tone.

Heh finally a chance to play as an Orc and beat the shit out of humans for a change.
I am all for that.

I really hope this game is as good as it's being made out to be. The story sounds interesting, and it will be cool to play from the "other side" of the traditional equation. It sounds like they are going with a more WoW view of the Orcs as a race of brave warriors, not evil, just savage. More like barbarians with a warrior ethos as opposed to psychotic butchers. I like the premise, if only the game play is good enough to support a storyline like that.

if they keep away from the "ultimate good vs evil" thing I will purchase this.

I bloody WILL!

I'd buy it in a heart beat if I knew what kind of game it was. Is it an RPG like Fable, or an RPG like Dragon Age? If it's Fable-esque, I'll buy it in a heart beat, but even still, I'm all for playing a green-skinned behemoth running around crushing humans righteously, and not because of an overdose of gamma radiation.

Royas:
I really hope this game is as good as it's being made out to be.

It's by Cyanide, and their relationship with good games has not been a strong and loving one, unfortunately,

I really want this to be good, I really do.

UnderCoverGuest:
I'd buy it in a heart beat if I knew what kind of game it was. Is it an RPG like Fable, or an RPG like Dragon Age? If it's Fable-esque, I'll buy it in a heart beat, but even still, I'm all for playing a green-skinned behemoth running around crushing humans righteously, and not because of an overdose of gamma radiation.

It's a bit more Dragon Age esque, but even then it's kind of different, here's a video that may help though:

From what I can gather it isn't so much an open world game, as it is a direct story path kind of one, but it's looking good enough that I am keeping an eye out.

GloatingSwine:

Royas:
I really hope this game is as good as it's being made out to be.

It's by Cyanide, and their relationship with good games has not been a strong and loving one, unfortunately,

Yes, that is an unfortunate truth. I'd be more optimistic were this game by Bethesda or Bioware... or some indie studio breaking into the big time with something innovative. Still, who knows, even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally. The art looks good anyway, maybe this will be Cyanide's breakout?

OK, I'm probably being too optimistic there, but a man can hope. Guess we'll know soon.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here