Zero Punctuation: FIFA 13

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

FIFA 13

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews FIFA 13, with a twist.

Watch Video

Well that was all over the map. Can't wait to see how Extra Punctuation relates to all of this.

Definitely one of his better reviews, had me laughing from intro to outro, well done!

Also, I wouldn't call Fifa 2013 a game, more a full priced update.

Captured my feelings on Fifa 13 perfectly.

Lol that was pretty good ...and disturbingly informative. I must go discover this jungle of tokyoness.

0_o What the hell Yahtzee?Was there really NOTHING in this pre-fall period,aside from this yearly cash-in?

Thanks for the presentation of the game(s),it was great as always.I guess I'll try being a ninja!

I saw Fifa 13 and I thought "Oh no". Overall though, a perfect review of Fifa 13, covering my feelings completely.

*Goes in video with mindset "Hah, yeah right!"*

*Leaves video going "Called it!"*

btw, Tokyo Jungle IS pretty damn charming.

Great fifa review. That part about the... The...

Crap, too tired to make a good joke.

Good video, I laughed. <3

Wow. He's never reviewed a Fifa game before, despite their immense popularity.

So to sum it up it was reall two Steam games, Tokyo Jungle and traces of FIFA 13? Well to be fair I doubt anyone could of make a video review of a footie game that long without getting boring about it.

Nice. Very nice. Also Mark of the Ninja is 100% bad ass.

Best Yahtzee review in a long time. Love when he messes with the formula (Fake Duke Nukem Forever, Wolfenstein).

Definitely going out to pick up my copy of FIFA 13 now, thanks to his recommendation.

Might check out the Mark of the Ninja.

BTW where is the RE6 review yathzee? I know Indie games provide more than enough variety for the reviews but without the usual jab at the mainstream AAA market, It somehow feels incomplete.

Wow, that was different.

Can't blame him, Fifa's boring anyway. If I wanna do something football related (or soccer, for all the yanks), I'd watch some football.

Tokyo Jungle's pretty fun though

I got a FIFA
And the only PRESCRIPTION,
Is to review every other game that came out last week.
that ISN'T Resident Evil 6

How dare you mislead me with the title in a humorous way? How dare you bring attention to smaller indie games rather than reviewing one of the huge titles that came out not long enough ago for you to have effectively played through them and written a full review? I am appalled and shocked and hurt and shocked and appalled.

Gotta say I did enjoy the list of everyone who's better than you at Tokyo Jungle. But my brother keeps telling me that Mark of the Ninja is pretty damn good and if it gets your seal of approval then who am I to argue? I mean what am I, someone who's NOT a total consumer whore? :P

before video: who let Yahtzee have a sports game.

during video: Indi-wank ahead

after video: but how did you feel about the mechanics of getting that round leather sphere into the net?

Glad to see that my expectations regarding FIFA 13 were apparently quite on the mark. My thoughts on whether or not to get it remain unaltered[1]. Some of the other games that were vaguely referenced to seemed interesting, though...

[1] Pretty much "Gods no"...

Dammit Yahtzee, now I'll never know if this instalment of FIFA drastically mixes up the formula of traditional football games and creates an experience of sports games never seen before! You TEASE!

That was confusing but fucking hilarious. So, taking bets here, is it going to be Dishonored or XCOM next week?

This review sums up my feelings on the whole FIFA series perfectly.

Sums up about most all EA sports games. Take ball, and score. Almost anything else is more interesting.

erttheking:
That was confusing but fucking hilarious. So, taking bets here, is it going to be Dishonored or XCOM next week?

I'm iffy about either because he says it takes him 10 days to make a video and they just came out yesterday. I'll put 20 on Dishonored though.

EDIT: Wait, make that RE6.

bafrali:
Might check out the Mark of the Ninja.

BTW where is the RE6 review yathzee? I know Indie games provide more than enough variety for the reviews but without the usual jab at the mainstream AAA market, It somehow feels incomplete.

gotta give the man another week at least to torture himself with RE6. I mean we all know its basically everything he hates about games (crap story, cover base shooting, QTE's up the bum) so I can't blame him for procrastinating that turd.

Okay, this was even a speed-record for Mr. Motormouth. 8 Seconds to review Fifa 13? Alrighty... normally, I would have expected him to cover the game in a bit less than a minute and THEN go to the other games. But this is still rather impressive.

Rainboq:

Also, I wouldn't call Fifa 2013 a game, more a full priced update.

Oh I cringe when people say that about sports games.... Actually, I don't know about the FIFA license, but it certainly isn't true about the NHL license.

Second best thing I've seen today, especially since I was semi-interested in Anna. Best was getting an email from Amazon saying Jam's estimated arrival would be 9 days earlier.

This just replaced Tales of Monkey Island as my favorite ZP review ever

I would have been flabbergasted if Yahtzee would really have reviewed FIFA.

Also, smirked at the High-score list. Two of those I would have included too ^_^
Was that also the most heart warming review of FIFA 13 you've ever heard? Burly friends help a small leather sphere realise it's dream of living in a net *tear drop*

had an interest with anna since i want to give indie developers a chance but after watching some game play vids on youtube, it was boring and the puzzles really dint make sense. many reviews i was able to find said the same ting.

and fifa is fifa. whats there to talk about.

I quite enjoyed this one, although I'll say it was also tinged with a little bit of disappointment, as I would've quite liked to see Yahtzee try to do a full review of FIFA somehow. It would be interesting at least.

"FIFA 13 is a game."

Yep, that pretty much sums it up nicely.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here