No Right Answer: Best Fast Food

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Clearly it's Chick Filet. It's the best damn meat you will ever shove into your mouth hole. And once it's in there, you will enjoy it and ask for more.

Burgers: Five Guys

Chicken: KFC

Taco: Taco Bell

Hot Subs: Firehouse Subs

Cold Subs: Schlotzsky's

Ice Cream: The guy who drives around my neighborhood..

Firefilm:

Someone describe this whataburger, I've mover heard of it

I don't know if it's outside the states but it's absolutely the best. Orange and white buildings? You're likely to only find them in southern USA

I gotta go with the Bell of Tacos.

For one, best food to money ratio I feel. I get a 5 buck box and everytime I'm just...mmmmmm, my stomach is content. Anywhere else I'm dropping 8 dollars without even getting a drink and I still have a gaping hole in my stomach.

For another, its frikkin tacos. What more could you want. Unless you want burgers. Then you will be disappointed. Because it is a taco establishment.

On the category of foods you hate that you can't help but love....

the BACONATOR

But seriously, Wendy's would rank higher if the JBC were still 99 cents.

Edit: Dude couple posts up reminded me: FIVE GUYS. Best burger ever.

If I had to choose any of those three, McDonald's hands-down. Taco Bell is *yuck!* and Burger King hasn't been any good for the past 15 years. It used to be delicious, I don't know if my tastes have changed or Burger King just... sucks.

I'm surprised In-N-Out wasn't in the discussion. But fast food for me... PANDA EXPRESS! Fast, cheap, delicious, variety! You can't get your food any quicker, the food is right there in front of you, ready for your digestive tract!

1. Subway. It's healthier, you can have your food however you like, and you watch it being made in front of you.

2. Arby's. I'm a sucker for roast beef and their chicken tenders are deeeelish.

For pizza, I don't visit the chain stores. There is a little place not far from my house that USA Today declared best pizzaria in the state. The place has spoiled me and Pizza Hut and Domino's just do not compare.

If I want tacos, I'll find an authentic Mexican restaurant or make them myself. I can't eat Taco Bell after the whole "their meat isn't meat" fiasco.

Based on film, Taco Bell, since it survived the fast food wars.

Personnely, McDonalds or subway, depending on how much I have to spend.

Sonic: Good food, good variety, tots, and CHEESECAKE BITES.

Timberwolf0924:

No drive-thru = not fast food

Taco Bell is the only place you can reliably get extremely cheap, semi-healthy vegetarian food. I've been eating there since I was a kid and I will always love it. (I have no idea how the meat options taste, but the vegetarian options are happy comfort food for me now.)

Since I have to get burgers without meat, I usually just skip those places all together.

doublenix:
Sonic: Good food, good variety, tots, and CHEESECAKE BITES.

...and, of course, being that this IS the Escapist, we have to give it to the one which shres the same name as a once beloved video game character. (Assuming he still has fans after Sonic 2006. I myself am still a fan, but only because of SatAM.)

Of course, if you go to Jack-In-The-Box, Dairy Queen, and Burger King in one day, you're just two stores away from a Fast Food Royal Flush.

CAPTCHA: finger lickin good

Looks like the Captcha is a KFC fan and wants to get in on the vote.

Firefilm:
Best Fast Food

What do you get when you mix three 20-something Americans with lunchtime on the brain, and a debate show? You get this episode, where we will either make you hungry...or nauseous.

Watch Video

Firefilm:

DugMachine:
[quote="synobal" post="6.390804.15713463"]Whataburger or Wendy's but I'm not a fast food guy, I'd give Jack n the box a third place spot.

Oh crap how did I forget Jack n the box. Underrated fast food imo.

Top tier:
Whataburger
Jack n the box

Mid tier:
McDonalds
Wendy's

Shit tier:
Burger King
Taco Bell
Arbey's
Carls Jr[/quoteSomeone describe this whataburger, I've mover heard of it

Whataburger uses real meat, and has a pretty big menu. They also cook the burgers when you order them. Most places cook the meat put it in a warmer then put the burger together when you order it. They also customize your burger however you want, grilled onion,grilled jalapenos,go during breakfast and they still sell burgers, and will throw a fried egg on your burger if you ask. Hell you can get chicken strips added to a double cheeseburger if you want. Whataburger is my favorite with subway right behind. Maybe chikfila in a distant third. The three from the video are gross as hell if you ask me. My personal favorite at Whataburger Double meat cheeseburger grilled onions,grilled jalapenos,no lettuce or tomato, A-1 sauce instead of mustard, add a fried egg.That burger will knock your socks off....and give you a mild heart attack.

Just to throw down some clarification here, anything that's not cooked until you order it is not "fast" food. As much as I love em, Jack, Carls, In-and-Out and all the other "good" chains are not real fast food. If the food you are served during a lunch rush was raw when you stepped up to the counter, it's not fast food.

Taco Bell, McDonalds, and BK qualify because they are, at best, assembled when you order. The fry shops (KFC, Church's, Popeye's, Long John Silvers)? Mostly pre-cooked, so sure.

Arby's is a bit of a toss up because I'm not sure if "sliced when you order" counts.

Subway doesn't do any cooking (reheating and toasting don't count), but if Subway's allowed, then you have to let in all the other cafeteria style (slide tray in front of window and point) places. Besides...there's no drive-thru at a Subway.

Personally? I like the regional chains. White Castle, Whataburger, Sonic, Dairy Queen, Checkers/Rallys, etc.

The correct answer is Taco Bell loses

(Sorry Kyle, but you know it's true)

Heh, except for McDonalds, we don't have any large fast food chains here (although you can get fast food on every corner these days). I did visit Burger King when I was in Spain and in my opinion Whopper eats anything McDonalds can offer.

I stil prefer one of these babies:

captcha: chicken noodle - screw you captcha, gimme some beef

I am disappoint! Where is the In-And-Out?
You want to talk about quality of food look no further

On one hand, I want to side with McDonalds because they have my all time favorite drink there...

And yes you've guessed it, the-

But on the other hand, I grew up eating Taco Bell for years, always having their nacho supreme along with loving their 5 layer burritos to craving more and more of their delicious dorito tacos.

.. . . However ... despite the drink, despite the number of foods .. . my vote, goes to...

Subway.

Because you can have them make you whatever. Feel like eating something healthy for a change? Get a all veggie sandwich to your liking. Want only meat on the bread you want it from a 6 inch to footlong size? No problem! Want three kinds of meat from chicken, beef, and slices of bacon to go into your one sandwich? That's given to you when just asked.

Also they serve my all time favorite food I came to know in my entire life that gets my mouth to water just thinking about it..

tehbeard:
Based on film, Taco Bell, since it survived the fast food wars.

I'm surprised this didn't get brought up. "All restaurants are now Taco Bell."

With the 3 options given, I go with McDonald's. I don't like that Burger King slathers all their stuff with mayo, and Taco Bell just isn't filling.

I had Pizza Hut pretty often as a kid, so I grew to like it. About 3 weeks ago I had a serious craving for Pizza Hut for lunch, but I found out the nearest one that offers eat-in is more then 30 miles away, which probably meant at least 45 minutes each way of driving. Not really feasible for a lunch break. :(

Fayathon:
I feel bad for everyone that knows not the glory of In-n-Out burgers. Simple menu, delicious burgers.

Seriously, nobody has anything on the original In-N-Out. Pioneer of the drive-through (1948), (drive through!= fast food until the 1970's), amazing quality, and really addictive. Macdonalds stole every idea they ever had. Big mac is a bad version of the Bob's Big Boy. Southern style chicken sandwich is chickfil-a. They are actually a real estate company anyway, leasing the land the macdonalds are built on to their franchisees.

Weinerschniztel is my favorite though.

Also Taco Bell is the ONLY restaurant.

Fayathon:
I feel bad for everyone that knows not the glory of In-n-Out burgers. Simple menu, delicious burgers.

CALIFORNYUH FUCK YEAH!

..Although recently, Five Guy is ranked 1st in national survey of burger chains.

Funny because I have never heard of them.

Why no love for KFC, the chicken is delicious, also the Colonel is a good mascot compared to the other three, look at that face, that is very welcoming

Clearly, Jimmy John's wins for being the fastest food.

Studsmack:
in front of you, ready for your digestive tract!

Well, I was hungry.

Out of the ones you guys argued I'll go with Taco Bell simply because I enjoy the Cruch Wrap Supreme.

My favorite has to be Wendy's. Just their normal burgers are great but the best thing they have IMO is the Spicy Chicken Burger.

I would go with 5 Guys over Wendy's but their food seems to be really hit or miss for me. Sometimes it's amazing, other times it's shit. Their fires are consistently the best though.

Man, screw all those places. The best fast food is a pack of oreos and 3-5 red bull.

Scarim Coral:
Bah, you're all wrong!

FKC > All food chains. Heck even Colonel Sanders isn't as creepy compared to Ronald and the King.

I guess to add more salts to the injuries, there isn't any Taco Bell in the UK (which I guess Kyle will never visit the UK ever) and White Castle too for that matter!

They are introducing Taco Bell over here now, there is one in Lakeside and a few in London, never had one though. They used to have a Wendy's in London as well but that is long gone.

OT: I would probably go with Burger King, McDonald's always makes me feel sick for some reason, KFC is awesome too.

Well, I think they all win over Taco Bell, since you know, Taco Bell doesn't even serve tacos. That bizarre entity served on your plate is NOT--I repeat NOT -- a taco. Tacos don't come in shells, by definition. It was even worse when they tried to come to Mexico and sell us these....things. Fortunately they crashed and burned so epically I still laugh to this day. At least the other fast food chains sell what they say they sell (burgers, pizza, baguettes, whatever).

Firefilm:
snip

1) the right answer was Wendys :p

2) i wanted a burger before i sat down to watch this :D

Of the three they were debating, I'd go with Burger King.

But Whataburger is the best in fast food.

Oh decisions, decisions. I'll say Taco Bell has the best bang for your buck, but I really like Popeye's. I go to McyD's for the occasional contest and Burger King's been giving me gas lately. The top quality goes to Jack in the Box, I say.

Firefilm:
Best Fast Food

What do you get when you mix three 20-something Americans with lunchtime on the brain, and a debate show? You get this episode, where we will either make you hungry...or nauseous.

Watch Video

Sorry Dan Burger King loses because they got rid of the fully loaded steak house burger, the delicious cheesy tots and the chicken fries. Its like everything that sets them apart gets thrown out.

I'd vote Taco bell but when Taco Bell wins my colon loses

and I'm pretty sure Micky D's is the master invasion plan of some genius alien race.

Wendy's is the best. It tastes the best and Wendy's will let you do whatever you want to your burger you just gotta ask. If you don't want cheese on your Baconator because you want it to be slightly healthier then you just gotta say so. Also Frosty's > Other fast food places ice cream. I can't say their frys are better than other places but they have a ton of options besides frys so I don't see how it matters.

doublenix:

Timberwolf0924:

No drive-thru = not fast food

False! I know many "fast food" places that take forever when in drive-thru.. Captian D's is one.. and Zaxby's is another.. I can go inside many of those and be out quicker than drive-thru. Fast food is any resturant that doesn't sit you down, hand you a menu as a waiter/waitress takes your order..

I wonder if Chris wore the Tom and Jerry shirt because that show comes on weekday afternoons.
*checks Cartoon Network's schedule* Yeah, it still does, but only one 30-minute slot instead of 12 to 2.

Chris, why did you pick McDonalds? You KNOW that you're definitely wiping the floor with the oily fries and kids' meals!

I'm surprised they didn't mention healthier options like chicken sandwiches. I don't know about BK's healthy alternatives, but McD and Wendy's have fair selections of salads and such. As for chicken sandwiches, BK has the AMAZING Tendacrisp, Wendy's has the ALMOST AMAZING homestyle fillet, and McD has the option of a delicious honey wheat bun.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here