No Right Answer: Best Fast Food

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Grill'd. As far as I can tell it's Australia-only at the moment, but damn, it's the best fast-food chain in the world. And not only are they delicious, they're all really healthy. Honourable mention to Oporto.

In and Out or Arctic Circle. Discussion over.

Sweden has Max Burgers... Fast food cooked to order.

And they have julmust.

For me it would have to be BurgerKing
We don't have that in Finland and always when I am in Sweden or England I go there.
And it is somehow different from McDonalds and our Finnish fast food Hesburger

Heh, my thanks for the appetite suppressant... but yeah, the Australian versions of those franchises are a great deal different. Personally I like Grill'd, Subway as a second option.

Frasman:
I'll stick with Subway.

Why.....options. You can literally make any type of sammich you want. Veggie sub with nothing but banana peppers and onions---Done! Crabmeat sub with triple the crab, and a double bacon (at $30 price tag)---done!

Is it more expensive - Yes! But you also get more food for your money, and it's marginally the healther choice (depending of fixin's).

Agreed.

Subway tastes better and is generally much healthier. Win/Win

lol, anyone else notice "be honost" at the end there?

For me, Burger King was once my favourite. Now I say McDonalds. I'm not a big fan of fast food in general and for a long while the only kind I could stomach was Burger King. I don't know when it happened but at some point I stopped being able to stomach it. At McDonalds now though the food feels a lot healthier. And nobody gives a shit about Taco Bell.

So from a fast food haters perspective McDonalds is the best... which surely means that Burger King won?

That said Subway is infinitely superior to any of those.

The Dutch McDonalds branches have the McKroket.

McKroket >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other fast food.

My point is made.

Scarim Coral:
Bah, you're all wrong!

FKC > All food chains. Heck even Colonel Sanders isn't as creepy compared to Ronald and the King.

I guess to add more salts to the injuries, there isn't any Taco Bell in the UK (which I guess Kyle will never visit the UK ever) and White Castle too for that matter!

Actually, there is a Taco Bell in the UK. It's in the food court in the Manchester Arndale xD It's okay but I still prefer the McDonald's and Burger King to it. Still, I agree with you that KFC is the best.

Burger King

GundamSentinel:
The Dutch McDonalds branches have the McKroket.

McKroket >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> every other fast food.

My point is made.

on a side note, you should do a which country has the best Mc Donalds, in australia the meat quality is way higher, i think they use local beef or something and are essentially Starbucks with their gourmet coffee bars, apparently Japan Mc donalds is totally different as well.

the abyss gazes also:
Taco Snatcher will be my indie rock band name. Thanks guys.

You thief! Fine... my band will be Taco Shatner and we will duel Star Trek style.

OT: Tacobell... because it has the most exciting flavors.

Poutine. Cheese. Gravy. Fries. Cheese. Sometimes in that order. Chili can be a substitute for gravy.

As a drunken and beloved australian. There is only one fastfood that comes to mind at 3am.
Its called a late night kebab stand. Nothing beats it. Nothing ever will.

I'm glad that someone came up with them. I'm glad that I can enjoy them.

End of Story

Sonic Doctor:

Scarim Coral:
Bah, you're all wrong!

FKC > All food chains. Heck even Colonel Sanders isn't as creepy compared to Ronald and the King.

I like KFC too, but they downright expensive compared to going to Wendy's.

Oh and to add a little fast food history:

Dave Thomas was a good friend of Colonel Sanders, and before Dave went on to found Wendy's, he helped turn around four failing KFC franchise restaurants and sold them back to KFC. When Dave founded Wendy's the Colonel gave him a side chicken recipe that was slightly different form the Colonel's main recipe.

I think that's why, besides KFC chicken, Wendy's chicken is better then all the rest of the fast food places, because it has a good bit of the Colonel's recipe in it.

That remind me, as far as I know there isn't a Wendy's over here in the UK too unless someone in the UK can correct me with that statement.

Stalydan:

Scarim Coral:
Bah, you're all wrong!

I guess to add more salts to the injuries, there isn't any Taco Bell in the UK (which I guess Kyle will never visit the UK ever) and White Castle too for that matter!

Actually, there is a Taco Bell in the UK. It's in the food court in the Manchester Arndale xD It's okay but I still prefer the McDonald's and Burger King to it. Still, I agree with you that KFC is the best.

Really? I do go to Manchester every now and then so I gonna check it out to see what's the big deal is from Kyle part.

Scarim Coral:

Sonic Doctor:
snip

That remind me, as far as I know there isn't a Wendy's over here in the UK too unless someone in the UK can correct me with that statement.

That's a shame, cause(at least in my area) the quality of Wendy's food is better than other fast food places.

As a kid I was rather bias because I just didn't like change as much, "we have to go to McDonald's", but when I got older the pull of McD's disappeared. Now I only go to McD's if I only have a small amount of money for breakfast.

I did a search and found that there were Wendy's restaurants in the UK around ten years go, but not now.

I looked on the Wendy's site and the store locator only list's the US and Canada.

I did find a list of a rough number of stores in each state, so if you ever are in the US you know which one is the best to find a Wendy's...lol.

http://www.menuism.com/restaurant-locations/wendys-138167

Ohio or Florida would be the best, consider they have over 500 stores. I'm glad that my state, Indiana, has at least 201, so it won't be too hard for me to find one in my area. Hmm, I do know there are at least two in the one city I live in, well, there is at least two or three of most major fast food chains in my city. I guess that's because there is roughly a little over 80,000 people in my city.

Okay that's enough, I'm rambling now. I better stop now, or I'll probably start listing my life's history. Back in my day.......

as a mexican I can asure you that the abominations they sale at Taco Bell are NOT tacos, our fast food are actual tacos or quesadillas

If I had to pick between McD, BK, or TB (tuberculosis), I'd pick McD.

But the answer is Subway. Honorable mention to Arbys.

Wendy's, Del Taco, Subway, Carl's, Panda Express.

That's what it's all about.

Waaghpowa:
Popeyes. Your argument is invalid.

Baconator + spicy chicken filet under the hamburger patty revalidates his argument.

This debate is like saying "which of the three kills people faster; Xenomorphs, Predators, or Terminators." Wait a minute...that's a great topic for a future episode!

Toss up between Burger Fuel and Pita-pit. Do they have those in America?

Count_A'ight:
This debate is like saying "which of the three kills people faster; Xenomorphs, Predators, or Terminators." Wait a minute...that's a great topic for a future episode!

Just ask Bill Paxton :P.

The correct answer is, of course, KFC. It's the only fast food that actually tastes like food. It's just as unhealthy as all the disgusting burgers and tacos at other fast food joints, but it actually tastes good. That's the clear difference.

Honorable mention to Arby's for their delicious curly fries.

has anyone mentioned Sonics or Canes chicken
these two are the best in flavor in my book

Leave it to these guys to debate which is the best of the entirety of the choices out there in fast food... and choose the three worst ones.

Due to the different nature of the three most common fast foods out there, I would make three choices among the "best". Also, I can only choose from the fast food I have actually eaten, so chains like In-&-Out Burger, Chipotle and Taco Time aren't included here as there are no locations in my area. With that said, here are my choices:

Burgers: Wendy's, by far; my dad managed a Wendy's, and "fresh, never frozen" is no lie, and it shows in the taste

Tacos: Taco John's; MUCH fresher tacos and ingredients than Taco Bell, and potato oles > mexi-fries. And before I get chewed out for my choice, pretty much only Taco Bell and Taco John's exist up here, so those are the only two I could really choose from

Pizza: I'm going with Godfather's here, they keep it simple and don't skimp on the toppings when you ask for them

EDIT: How did I forget Subway? Subway > all of the above, except maybe Wendy's

Captcha: It's Super Delicious
Don't make me hungry, captcha!!!

There's a fast food place, not a chain, but just one store, near my school. Anyone in my area will know it instantly. Golden Star burgers. Fantastic food. Greasy, disgusting looking, amazing taste though. Really tender chicken strips, great fries.

I got no Burger King or Taco Bell around... only McDonalds and you know? When you are like me and dont eat some stuff for like half a year, a year and then you get around to eat it again you immediatly taste the friggin poison outta stuff.

So yeah, i went to McDonalds after more than a year and while i was eating it, i only tasted garbage and i could feel the unhealthy goo that they call food circulating through my body.

So in all honesty... i dont think there is a best Fast Food Chain, only a least awful Fast Food Chain.

for me - Arbys

Does Five Guys count? Because they'll kick Burger King or McDonald's balls up into their throat when it comes to a damn fine burger. Honorable mention goes to Zaxbys chicken. They're like Chik-fil-a without the baggage.

Carl's for burgers. Cost more, but are a lot bigger and tastier. Over here anyway. Also unlimited drink fountain. Which BK used to have but not anymore. Wendy's second, BK third, McDs is the pits.

For fried chicken, we only have KFC and Popeyes. And Popeyes is just a more expensive Hot & Spicy only KFC with smaller portions. KFC wins.

I feel bad for all the people who don't have Whataburger. It's not like it has the best burgers anywhere, but there really isn't any place that beats it in the 11pm-11am category. Dominating 12 hours a day in its region has to count for something.

Eh, I'll chime in.

Tier 1: McDonalds and Burger King

In the second bracket:
Tier 2: Taco Bell and Wendy's

Tier 3: Culvers & Dairy Queen
The pricy ice-cream shacks.

Blacklist: Bottom Tier
These are the fast food chains I actively attempt to avoid eating at for one reason or another.

Er...OK. This was way longer than I was expecting.

Gonna have to go with White Castle on this one, partially for the taste and the half-reasonable portions, but mostly because, well...

Burger King comes in at a close second, though. I agree that their fries just taste better, and my extremely Jewish hair appreciates the kosherness.

Hey Everyone! Starting today and up until the 20th McDonalds is offering Big Macs and, Quarter Pounders with Cheese for sale: buy one get one for a penny. This is in the United States, definitely on the east coast (I'm in the DC area so if it's not happening in New England or, Florida I apologize for bad regional info)

Anyway OT: I recently had a few orders from both BK and McDonalds recently and while McDonalds is always mostly hit or miss, Burger King is now serving Sweet-Potato fries. Burger King automatically wins.

BK wins, hands down. Why?

-Taco Bell shouldn't even be called TACO Bell. They're not serving tacos! Tacos are made with soft tortillas and there's lime involved and salsa and the works. Those are...not it! It's like a US version of what a taco should look like so it should be called something like "US Mexican-like Snack Bell". I don't need to go any further than that.

-Mickey Ds: Is there anyone who still goes there because they enjoy the hamburgers being served? Seriously, grab your burger and give it a good whiff and then tell me it smells tasty. I'll admit I liked Mickey Ds' food a lot about a decade ago. but now, the food's smells drives me off immediately. And it's true; I'm the kind of person who gets small meals because I'm always in a rush. A Kids Meal comes with a burger that has 2 onion cubes, 1 pickle slice and two drops of mustard. And it still smells and tastes like ass. I'm not talking about value, I'm talking about quality.

Now, BK:
Their food is actually pretty good compared to the other two places. Their most basic burger comes with a buttload of vegetables: onion slices, lettuce, tomato, pickles. Heck, when my burger gets messy is because I can't keep the vegetables in place! The fries always feel as if they had just been cooked; they're soft and not too salty; perfect for me. McDonalds' fries are okay but they feel smaller and saltier in comparison. Yes, fast food will always be greasy but when the patty is grilled, i gives it a unique flavor.

Carl's and Whataburger are good too but...eh, I like BK better.
I also like KFC but I'll admit their food is one tic away from getting greasinly gross. I just made that term up.

sonic, taco bueno, Whataburger.Hooray for regional fast food joints.

Also surprised Wendy's didn't make it in there...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here