Trailers: Farming Simulator 2013 - Features Trailer

Farming Simulator 2013 - Features Trailer

Quite possibly the most highly anticipated game of the year.

Watch Video

Wouldn't it be better to become a real farmer and actually make money? Just a thought.

and who says there is no money to be made in the ironic crowd?

not me!

Team Hollywood:

Watch Video

Don't you have anything better to do than kind of bashing a game you're not even interested in? I've seen a few news articles on this site regarding that "game" and every single one of them is full of sarcasm.

I'm not interested in that "game" und the same propably goes for 99,99% of your readers, but there might be a few people actually enjoying simulations like that. So accept that it exists and just ignore it.

You people are acting like little kids...

nodlimax:

Team Hollywood:

Watch Video

Don't you have anything better to do than kind of bashing a game you're not even interested in? I've seen a few news articles on this site regarding that "game" and every single one of them is full of sarcasm.

I'm not interested in that "game" und the same propably goes for 99,99% of your readers, but there might be a few people actually enjoying simulations like that. So accept that it exists and just ignore it.

You people are acting like little kids...

It was clearly a joke based at the simulation's low playerbase.
It is the Escapist's Staff's job to report on whatever games, and/or traliers they see fit, and if a little joke about them on the side offends you, I think you'd better re-examine your thought process.

Spartan1362:

It is the Escapist's Staff's job to report on whatever games, and/or traliers they see fit, and if a little joke about them on the side offends you, I think you'd better re-examine your thought process.

My thought process is fine, thank you.

And btw. you got it all wrong. I'm not offended by this. I just think that it's unprofessional to report about everything that comes up regarding this simulation with sarcrasm. This is not the first news article about this simulation I've seen on the escapist...

Once or twice is funny, everything else above clearly shows that they try to bash a freakin niche game....

nodlimax:

And btw. you got it all wrong. I'm not offended by this. I just think that it's unprofessional to report about everything that comes up regarding this simulation with sarcrasm. This is not the first news article about this simulation I've seen on the escapist...

Once or twice is funny, everything else above clearly shows that they try to bash a freakin niche game....

If anything they're giving it more publicity. Sarcasm is better than "well I don't know anyone that could be genuinely interested in this but here you go."

PurpleLeafRave:
Wouldn't it be better to become a real farmer and actually make money? Just a thought.

I imagine being a real farmer to see how you like it would cost a hell of a lot more than this game does.

nodlimax:

And btw. you got it all wrong. I'm not offended by this. I just think that it's unprofessional to report about everything that comes up regarding this simulation with sarcrasm.

Except it's not even sarcasm- it's sardonicism, and quite often doesn't even bear malice towards what is being commented upon.

Take Nicolas Cage for example- you see a lot of people praising his acting and mentioning that anything he's attached to will be amazing without question. More often than not- these remarks come from genuine fans of Nic Cage, who are well aware that they are stating hyperbole. It may not be true what they say, but they still say it with a real affection for the subject. The whole fanbase of The Room more or less runs on this.

In the case of Farming Simulator, they're exaggerating the game's success by joking it's probably the most anticipated game of the year. Of course it's not. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. But it's not trying to be either. Nicolas Cage doesn't try to be the best actor around, either. It's simply good natured fun, really. You should be glad they're giving it the proper coverage in the first place. If they didn't like it they could very easily not have included it at all.

nodlimax:

Spartan1362:

I was kinda thinkin' the same thing. They're saturating the sarcasm market with their constant rehashes. It's like what Activision did with Guitar Hero.

Oh yeah, I went there, Escapist.

Edit: as the guy above me mentioned, it's NOT sarcasm--it's sardonicism*. Thank you Monk for teaching the difference between being sardonic and sarcastic.

Would it be inappropriate of me to say that this trailer got me slightly really erect? I dare say I'll need to pay a visit to the emergency room when this game is released.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here