NiGHTS into Dreams Review

NiGHTS into Dreams Review

Both fun to play and an important piece of gamer history.

Read Full Article

As a kid I passed this game up. In fact the only Sega Saturn game I own is Sonic Jam. I think your assessment on how SEGA fans feel towards the game is spot-on. I've always been interested, but never tried it myself.

I may give it a try... maybe... :P

Knew it would be you reviewing it, Nasrin, when I saw it was NiGHTS into Dreams =P Unfortunately, I didn't have enough points to get both this and Sonic Adventure 2 and I plumped for the latter. Definitely the next thing I get though!

Andy Shandy:
Knew it would be you reviewing it, Nasrin, when I saw it was NiGHTS into Dreams =P Unfortunately, I didn't have enough points to get both this and Sonic Adventure 2 and I plumped for the latter. Definitely the next thing I get though!

I've already got 3 baby chap well on their way to first evolution, myself. I got a pretty mediocre white from the black market that I'm turning into a dark swimming swimming, a decent hero power power and a very promising neutral flying flying, the last of which is actually an homage to NiGHTS:

My God I wasted so many hours of my childhood on NiGHTS into Dreams... I'm thrilled to see people finally have the opportunity to play it after years of cameos and 1 sequel. It's very much worth the $10!

Nasrin:

Andy Shandy:

I've already got 3 baby chap well on their way to first evolution, myself. I got a pretty mediocre white from the black market that I'm turning into a dark swimming swimming, a decent hero power power and a very promising neutral flying flying, the last of which is actually an homage to NiGHTS:

I'm actually making a Dark swimming swimming myself! :P

I also bought a blue egg at random but I haven't decided what to do with him. I'm also in the process of making a Hero flying flying one.

A-Wait....IT GOT RE RELEASED ON PSN?!?!?!

0_0 Say it's true. Please say it's true. I will pick this up ASAP if it's true. I played it once as a kid in a store and it was REALLY fun.

EDIT: OMGITREALLYISONPSN!!!!

aegix drakan:
A-Wait....IT GOT RE RELEASED ON PSN?!?!?!

0_0 Say it's true. Please say it's true. I will pick this up ASAP if it's true. I played it once as a kid in a store and it was REALLY fun.

Yep, it's on PSN for 10 bucks as far as I know. It's really pretty too, they cleaned it up a lot from the older version.

Andy Shandy:

I'm actually making a Dark swimming swimming myself! :P

I also bought a blue egg at random but I haven't decided what to do with him. I'm also in the process of making a Hero flying flying one.

The flying chao look amazing, they're by far my favorite. This time around I'm going to experiment a lot more with breeding, and color/type variations.

Nasrin:

The flying chao look amazing, they're by far my favorite. This time around I'm going to experiment a lot more with breeding, and color/type variations.

Oh definitely. When it was on Dreamcast I would've been, what, maybe 9 or 10? I would've just been like "Okay, that just happened" but now I feel like I must make ALL the breeds of Chao =P

I used to love this game. I remember none of my friends wanted to play it but they all wanted to watch me play it.

I still play this game on my Sega Saturn.

My childhood is coming back into the limelight and it is GLORIOUS. :D

Now I can safely have a backup should anything happen to our Sega Saturn!

Nasrin:

:P I just used Phantasy Star Online and a GBA link cable to import an immortal Tails Chao into my game.

It never dies! It doesn't wind up looking all kinds of weird due to animal parts being all over it! And it looks like an adorable version of tails! Win win!

A great review for a great game. I hope Sega would make NiGHTS 3 eventually, without repeating the mistakes they made in Journey of Dreams.

It says PC... but I don't find it on Steam anywhere D:

SupahGamuh:

Not yet, Sega promises to release it later.

CortexReaver:

SupahGamuh:

Not yet, Sega promises to release it later.

So, there's no exact release date huh? Wish I could give them money now.

Make this a bundle with Journey of Dreams and I will suck Sega's cock. Literately.

I was so excited to play this game, and I wasn't disappointed! It's as good as I've always hoped!

To be honest, this actually looks really boring. I've seen TB play it in the background of a Mailbox once and wasn't impressed then, either. This'll probably be a "try at a buddies first," game for me.

Loved this game when I was a kid. Glad to see it's getting a new audience.

I remember seeing this in a video game display for the Sega Saturn in 1996 and thinking, 'The Future is here and it is horrifying!'

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here