Escape to the Movies: Argo

Pages PREV 1 2 3

trty00:

RedDeadFred:

trty00:

Look, I know that I'm late to the party, but I just want to point out that my country has every right to be upset about our role in a serious crisis like this being severely downplayed. I appreciate Affleck's post-production fix, but don't be so callous.

Agreed. While I thought the movie was very entertaining, but they pretty much portrayed the Canadian involvement as "please save us America!" In reality, it was a Canadian initiative and Ken Taylor did way more than just offer the Americans shelter. Hell, Jimmy Carter himself even said that 90% of the contributions to the plan were Canadian. Ken Taylor was easily the biggest hero in the events.
Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie a lot (although it's not in my top 5 movies of the year) I just wish Hollywood wouldn't always do the "Murrica, fuck ya" approach. The annoying thing is that the general public is going to take everything that happened in this movie as fact.

I thought the movie was quite good as well, but that was just a problem I had with it. Especially the bit where they actually say: "Oh, just say the Canadians did it." I mean, I'm not the kind of guy who hates a movie if it's historically innacurate, but that's just irritating.

I know. They made us look like credit taking assholes when in reality it was 90% our operation.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here