Zero Punctuation: Resident Evil 6

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Terramax:

Zing:
Anyone see the Conan O'Brian Clueless Gamer of this? I found it pretty hilarious.

http://teamcoco.com/video/highlight-clueless-gamer-resident-evil-6

I don't. Because he's clearly been paid by Capcom to make the game look fun. It can't hide that it's a terrible piece of product placement.

Rofl what? He makes fun of the game, it's clearly a comedy bit and you're taking it way too seriously.

Zing:
Rofl what? He makes fun of the game, it's clearly a comedy bit and you're taking it way too seriously.

That's part of the marketing.

Now define 'too serious'? Am I right in saying he's a television host, who's paid to interview guests, often so that they can promote their latest films, music, etc?

Note how a copy of the game was GIVEN to him i.e. by Capcom, before it was even released.

But assuming it wasn't even a marketing ploy, it still wasn't funny. I've seen people, even from America, on youtube do and say much funnier things than this guy.

Terramax:

Now define 'too serious'? Am I right in saying he's a television host, who's paid to interview guests, often so that they can promote their latest films, music, etc?

Note how a copy of the game was GIVEN to him i.e. by Capcom, before it was even released.

But assuming it wasn't even a marketing ploy, it still wasn't funny. I've seen people, even from America, on youtube do and say much funnier things than this guy.

In your opinion.

Of course he gets paid to promote products, that is a talk show host's job, and always has been. If you can't find the humor in it just because of that then I feel sad for you.

According to the author of this video: Resident Evil 4 has the subtitle "The only good one"...
Yes, it was good in putting a tombstone over the survival horror genre. Almost everyone that can't play, or doesn't like horror games, loves RE 4. It's so clichee.

Rheinmetall:
According to the author of this video: Resident Evil 4 has the subtitle "The only good one"...
Yes, it was good in putting a tombstone over the survival horror genre. Almost everyone that can't play, or doesn't like horror games, loves RE 4. It's so clichee.

Bit of a quick generalization.. Notice that part of the reason he thought it was good was because it seemed more self-aware of being cliche than the others?

I've loved some classic survival horror, but I thought RE4 was plenty enjoyable.

Zing:
If you can't find the humor in it just because of that then I feel sad for you.

Wow! I'm sorry I angered you enough to be so offensive back to me. I didn't mean to.

Terramax:

Zing:
If you can't find the humor in it just because of that then I feel sad for you.

Wow! I'm sorry I angered you enough to be so offensive back to me. I didn't mean to.

Really? You found that offensive? Okay..

Well Yahtzee, I ordered "Jam" from my local book store and already listened 3 times to the "Mogworld" audiobook. You ordinary person, please like Dishonored!!!

Mikejames:

Rheinmetall:

Bit of a quick generalization.. Notice that part of the reason he thought it was good was because it seemed more self-aware of being cliche than the others?

I've loved some classic survival horror, but I thought RE4 was plenty enjoyable.

I also thought RE4 was pretty creepy at times. And the infinitly rengenerating dude made me cry for help... It's like Condemned: action oriented but really creepy at times.

xPixelatedx:
While this might just be yet another bad review ontop of a mountain of bad reviews, every single video about how bad this game is still fills me with pure, utter joy.

See boys and girls? This is what happens when you stop trying to be yourself, and instead change your personality to emulate all "the cool kids". You just end up looking like a total ****. Hey, Capcom! Maybe if you actually attempt to one day make a RESIDENT EVIL game, and you try your hardest, you might make another spectacular game, like 4 or the remake of the original. Just start believing in yourself again and not others.

Maybe they'll have this sort of Revelation with the new DmC.
Quit trying to appeal to EVERYONE and remember who the fuck the targeted demographic is.

And Megaman?...Yeah let's just let him rest in peace. Poor little Blue Bastard is probably lost under the stacks of money from DLC and Disc Locked Content profits.

This is is unrelated, but does anyone know when Mogworld will restock?

And yet people keep buying these franchise titles, so why would the developers try ?

Gamers need to get wise, stop pre-ordering, wait for reviews and stop feeding the lazy companies easy money.

DVS BSTrD:
The Resident Evil series? Talk about Walking Dead.
And just where is the fun in NOT getting you coke'd-up Crowshaw?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/6044-Walking-Dead

Maybe a little late but here you go.

xPixelatedx:
While this might just be yet another bad review ontop of a mountain of bad reviews, every single video about how bad this game is still fills me with pure, utter joy.

See boys and girls? This is what happens when you stop trying to be yourself, and instead change your personality to emulate all "the cool kids". You just end up looking like a total ****. Hey, Capcom! Maybe if you actually attempt to one day make a RESIDENT EVIL game, and you try your hardest, you might make another spectacular game, like 4 or the remake of the original. Just start believing in yourself again and not others.

I'm glad somebody gets it. Also, why does Yahtzee just ignore the fact that the story of this series ( 0, 1, 2, 3 & Code Veronica ) is supposed to be a send up of B-Movie creature features? It isn't some kind of wonderfully written gem of the ages, me old mate.

I really enjoyed RE6. It's definitely the most fun to play with a friend, but the AI partner is actually smart and won't get themselves killed like Sheva in RE5 every 10 seconds if you do play it alone. I'm not sure by what logic people can rate RE6 lower than RE5, really - the AI isn't dumb as a doornail, and the action scheme is more fluid for an action game. And it's got 4 campaigns, each almost as long as RE5.

So I dunno, I thought it was great. The camera was something of an irritant at times, and I imagine I'll enjoy it even more when they apply a fix for it in December and allow you to pull it back to see more of the scene. To each his own, though.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 61069)