Miracle of Sound: Breaking Down The Borders (Borderlands 2)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Breaking Down The Borders (Borderlands 2)

Cause we're breaking down the borders as we light up the lands.

Watch Video

It occurs to me now that I may in fact have some of the most boring looking guns in Borderlands 2, but damn if I'm giving up my +100% melee damage on Zero.

Finally :D Been waiting all day for this and it didn't disappoint.
One of the things i admire about you, even though i have no interest in playing the games your songs about them are all amazing.
Nuthin else to say but keep it up, and can't wait for next month's tune.

As usual, with most of your work Gav, I love it. Also that Scooter voice is uncanny.

Sounds like something that you would hear in Borderlands as well.

Wow ... that was instantly awesome. Gav, it amazes me that, within the same week, you release two songs that blow me away (by the way, Blood of the Creed was great). The rhythm of this song was just spot on, and it made it immediately jump off the screen and very, very memorable. The aesthetic and tone of it was also very well done, getting both the feel of the game's outback-esque setting and the multiplayer-party atmosphere down. This is up there with Mortal Kombat Party in terms of convincing me to play a game I had never considered just because of how fun you make it sound like. Great job man.

Loved it. Here's hoping you do Dishonored next month. :)

like the whole vibe of the original game's opening going in this song (if that is the case for this game too, then i do apologise... haven't played it yet...)

This is just too good.

I also love the Scooter voice. Makes me lol.

Keep up the good work, Gav. :D

Pretty badass. Definitely a change of pace from your usual songs, and I love it when you do that. My favorite song of yours is one you've never really repeated: Little Sister. I'm glad that your ability to take only one song a month is letting you put more love into your songs. :)

Here's to hoping you'll be doing Dishonored next month!

And here's to hoping it'll be like Little Sister. Though SCreed III would be good too. Or X-COM. Or... hell, I'll enjoy whatever you choose to do anyways.

Andy Shandy:
As usual, with most of your work Gav, I love it. Also that Scooter voice is uncanny.

Wait so you mean that's not actually a sound file from the game? /mindblown

There weren't NEARLY enough stats for a Borderlands song :P

NinjaDeathSlap:
Loved it. Here's hoping you do Dishonored next month. :)

Better make it a sea shanty.

I felt that the ending was a little abrupt, but other than that outstanding work as always.

I must say, it wasn't too bad. It's not one of my favorties, but I think that you really captured the feel of Borderlands in it.

And I'm guessing it's just me, but I really felt like there was some Redemption Blues underlying the rhythm of the song.

Great job, though. =)

Mamzelle_Kat:

Andy Shandy:

Nope, it's just me doing an impersonation :)

That was sweet. Perfect feeling/sound for that game. If you keep this quality to all of your songs, I say it was worth those two extra weeks of work!

MiracleOfSound:

Mamzelle_Kat:

Andy Shandy:

:D Very good song.
One question: How many accents can you do?

All the ones I have heard you do so far are very good.

Lovely. It's sound really similar to Cage The Elephant's style, especially with the bluesy guitar. If I can make one complaint, it's that the song cuts out too suddenly for my taste. Would have preferred if the main guitar went on a bit longer. Still, fantastic song, Gavin. Definitely worth the wait.

You, kind sir, simply keep delivering the awesome.

Also, I personally think that this style of songs really suits your voice.

Imp Emissary:

I thought everybody hated his Irish accent =D

Nice song, despite the fact that I utterly hate Borderlands. Reminds me of both L4D2 intro and The Ballad of Clay Carmine.

Hope next month the song will tell us new ways of dealing with drunken whaler =D

A very nice chilled out song, great work.

Imp Emissary:

I dunno, I just do whichever ones the songs need :D All accents are imitable once you've heard them enough

Loved the song, I will have to listen to it while I play Borderlands 2 today (If I get to I guess, got stuffs to do and what not)

MiracleOfSound:

Mamzelle_Kat:

Andy Shandy:

Really? Then damn that sounded spot on. If claps could be heard over the internet you'd probably hear some from me, though not many because I am currently in a library.

Well, damn, Gav. Now you do that rock-country kind of tune as well? I could easily see this playing in a pool hall, or country and western club, that kind of place. How do you find such variety?

....Cause we're breaking down the borders as we light up the lands....
I see what you did there ;)

Good catchy song, never played Borderlands but the song was good :D

Very enjoyable and well made. Has quite the Borderlandish feeling to it alright.

Also, i really enjoyed the feeling i got from the lyrics, or well, how they were sung. I often don`t try to listen to the words and the meaning, but just the voice and how it sings. It might sound weird, i know. Since English isn`t my first language, sometimes it takes me a bit time to understand all the lyrics in songs, so at first i just... well, listen to the feeling the voice gives. And this time, the feeling was pretty damn awesome. The lyrics were funny and nice and all, but i particularly enjoyed the way they were sung. or something along the lines. Kinda difficult to describe. But damn enjoyable nonetheless.

If I was MD of Borderlands 2 I would get this track jury rigged into the games soundtrack, pay Gav some cash then probably get something nice for dinner. If I didn't do that I would punch myself very hard in the face. Sometimes imaginary me needs to be shown who's boss. O.T Very smooth track Mr OfSound. Great work. :)

Owlslayer:
The lyrics were funny and nice and all, but i particularly enjoyed the way they were sung. or something along the lines. Kinda difficult to describe. But damn enjoyable nonetheless.

I am glad you think so. Having the extra month allowed me more time to give the lyrics proper attention, as they are always the hardest part for me and, as much as I hate to admit it, often I end up rushing them and doing something mediocre.

I put quite a bit of time into getting the rhymes, the flow and the 'sound' of the words right for this song, glad it's paying off :)

We have both kinds: space western and space country.
Great song; I too thought the Scooter impersonation was a voice file from the game.
They should have this in one of the DLC packs.

This too:

Thanks for tweeting this one out Miracle, I spent a whole night watching Dan Bull videos.

I was listening to "Fun Loving Criminals" before and it reminded me a lot of Borderlands 2. They make a sound at the beginning that sounds like the cursed Bane gun.

Won't lie- I haven't looked into this series for awhile.

I regret doing so because deciding to check out this video, the music was not only suiting to Borderlands 2 but also it made me want to buy the game. If a music video can make me want to purchase a $60 game then it's done it's job highly well. I admire it, and love it. Well done MiracleOfSound, you are one talented musician I must say :} if that's the title you want to be fitted with.

That needs to be part of the games soundtrack, like, right now XD.

Awesome job Gav, just awesome! I can't say anything that hasn't been said already.

The vocals here feel particularly solid. I saw that you were a bit unhappy with your voice at Expo, but here it's all pretty much flawless.

As far as criticism goes, the chorus sort of runs together with the rest of the song. The energy level stays pretty flat through the whole thing, and even though it's (I'm assuming) supposed to be more smooth and laid back, but maybe it's a little too smooth.

A-mazing! Honestly, I wasn't going to buy this game. But this song changed my mind. So reminiscent of the intro in game one. Love it all the way.

This song was swank as all hell!

Fits perfectly, not to mention just damn good.

GonzoGamer:
We have both kinds: space western and space country.
Great song; I too thought the Scooter impersonation was a voice file from the game.
They should have this in one of the DLC packs.

This too:

Thanks for tweeting this one out Miracle, I spent a whole night watching Dan Bull videos.

I was listening to "Fun Loving Criminals" before and it reminded me a lot of Borderlands 2. They make a sound at the beginning that sounds like the cursed Bane gun.

My word if Dan and Gav did a cross over I might just play it at my funeral.

Mmmm. I liked this one, and normally I have to listen to them a few times, then they grow on me. This one = instant hit. Nice job. :)

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here