Movie Trailers: Jack Reacher - International Trailer

Jack Reacher - International Trailer

Tom Cruise is out for justice ... against rogue thetans.

Watch Video

The screeching sound of the car reminded me of the sound effect from the Alien/Prometheus trailer. It's just something I noticed :P.

Nouw:
The screeching sound of the car reminded me of the sound effect from the Alien/Prometheus trailer. It's just something I noticed :P.

The guitar plucking sounded like Mission Impossible too.

I'm not sure what spurred the creation of this movie, but it looks like what would happen if a 12 year old wrote The Bourne Supremacy.

SnakeoilSage:

Nouw:

I'm not sure what spurred the creation of this movie, but it looks like what would happen if a 12 year old wrote The Bourne Supremacy.

First:

Second:
I take offense to you describing this as "the bourne supremacy as imagined by 12 year olds".
The book series this movie is based on is pure awesome, extremely well-written, with fleshed out characters and many well written mysteries, and I encourage everyone to go read the books now.

Afterwards, I encourage you to rage with me over the fact that they chose Tom Cruise, a dwarf by any other name, of all people to play Jack Reacher, a man described as an unstoppable force, a hulking brute of over 6 feet with 200 pounds of muscle and a sharp mind.

Now that is a justifiable reason for rage.

Calibanbutcher:

SnakeoilSage:

Nouw:

First:

Second:
I take offense to you describing this as "the bourne supremacy as imagined by 12 year olds".
The book series this movie is based on is pure awesome, extremely well-written, with fleshed out characters and many well written mysteries, and I encourage everyone to go read the books now.

Afterwards, I encourage you to rage with me over the fact that they chose Tom Cruise, a dwarf by any other name, of all people to play Jack Reacher, a man described as an unstoppable force, a hulking brute of over 6 feet with 200 pounds of muscle and a sharp mind.

Finally. Someone explains this movie. Now it makes more sense.

Because so far all I've garnered from the trailers is that this was some Mission Impossible wanna-be movie that was by no means based off a book or whatever.

Tom Cruise was a ridiculous choice; everyone in the theater was laughing at the trailer; he wasn't really giving off a 'bad ass' vibe at all

Calibanbutcher:

First:

Second:

First:
Song redeemed.

Second:
I never judge a movie on any previous material, because as the old (correct) saying goes "the book was better." And yes, casting Tom Cruise as the 6'5" hybrid of Sherlock Holmes and John Matrix is the most laughable aspect of this whole issue.

antipunt:

Calibanbutcher:

SnakeoilSage:
Snip

I believe Tom Cruise bought the rights to movie or something anlong thoses lines. Ever since he anounced he'd be playing Reacher fans of the book have been pissing and moaning. Justifyingly.

Jack (None) Reacher is a former United States Army Military Police Major. He was born on a military base in Berlin in 1960. A graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, he served 13 years in the Military Police, during which time he became part of a fictional military police unit, the 110th Special Investigations Unit, formed to handle exceptionally tough cases, especially those involving members of the United States Army Special Forces.

Though he was demoted from Major to Captain in the prequel novel The Enemy, he regained the rank of Major by the time he mustered out in 1997. He received many military awards during his career, including the Silver Star, the Defense Superior Service Medal, the Legion of Merit, the Soldier's Medal, the Bronze Star, and a Purple Heart for wounds sustained in the bombing of the US Marine barracks in Beirut in 1983.[citation needed]

Since leaving the Army, Reacher has been a drifter. He wanders throughout the United States because he was accustomed to being told where to go, when to go and what to do for every day of his life from military childhood to military adulthood. He also felt he never got to know his own country, having spent much of his youth living overseas on military bases and at the military school West Point. He usually travels by hitchhiking or bus. As a drifter, the only possessions he carries are money, a foldable toothbrush and, after 9/11, an expired passport and an ATM debit card. He has never possessed a driver's license.

Reacher is 6' 5" tall (1.96m) with a 50-inch chest, and weighing between 210 and 250 pounds (100-115 kg). He has ice-blue eyes and dirty blond hair. He has very little body fat, and his muscular physique is completely natural (he reveals in Persuader, he has never been an exercise enthusiast). He is exceptionally strong but is not a good runner.[4] Reacher's strength is combined with his savant intellect and military training, analyzing his environment and opponents at extremely high processing speeds.

This sounds nothing like Tom Cruis, literally nothing is the same. Hell Jack Reacher doesn't even own a licence, (or money) and Cruis is seen in the trailer driving a new Mustang The movie is also susposed to based on One Shot. It's gonna be nothing like One Shot...

Blazing Steel:

antipunt:

Calibanbutcher:

snip.

Well, I have to disagree with you on one point.
Reacher does own money. Firstly, he gets his pension and he inherited a big house in one book, whihc he either sold or rents out (I have to admit, I am unsure on which option he chose) in order to finance his lifestyle.
Also, he does know how to drive, although he does not own a car, nor does he carry a license.
But the film is probably gonna deviate from the source material a whole lot and then some.

Calibanbutcher:

Blazing Steel:

antipunt:

snip.

Reacher does own money. Firstly, he gets his pension and he inherited a big house in one book, whihc he either sold or rents out (I have to admit, I am unsure on which option he chose) in order to finance his lifestyle.
Also, he does know how to drive, although he does not own a car, nor does he carry a license.
But the film is probably gonna deviate from the source material a whole lot and then some.

His pension only allows him to live from day to day, not to invest in anything like a new car. I assumed he left the house with Jodie (girlfriend in Tripwire) since he still ends up working for money to live in sequels. My problem isn't so much that he can buy an expensive car, but the whole point is he's a drifter who tries to stay off the radar. Having a car, means having a licence, which means paying taxes etc. Whenever he drives in the books he aims for the most bland and commom car possible in order to not draw attension. It's annoying because all they've seem to taken into the movie, is that he was an MP.

Blazing Steel:

Calibanbutcher:

Blazing Steel:
snip.

His pension only allows him to live from day to day, not to invest in anything like a new car. I assumed he left the house with Jodie (girlfriend in Tripwire) since he still ends up working for money to live in sequels. My problem isn't so much that he can buy an expensive car, but the whole point is he's a drifter who tries to stay off the radar. Having a car, means having a licence, which means paying taxes etc. Whenever he drives in the books he aims for the most bland and commom car possible in order to not draw attension. It's annoying because all they've seem to taken into the movie, is that he was an MP.

Yeah, he should NOT own a flashy Car, but my guess is, that he "borrowed" the car ans that he does not actually own it, which would also explain the state the car is in, with it bring scratched, banged up, etc. My guess is, that they gave hin a flashy cool car because he is a "badass" and, as such would Not drive an average boring car, because BADASS.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here