Sensitivity Training

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Incoming worldwide muslim protests in 3...2...1...

That aside that was a real zinger, even as a christian I felt that.

Xan Krieger:

I hear that. I think it's cause as far as Stout goes, she's not anti-Muslim, she treats all religions with equal contempt. Referring to religious people as ones who have "an imaginary friend" is a cheap shot at anyone who believes in a higher power that can't be unquestionably proven to exist.

Oh snap. Also do I spy a Lemming? :D

Erin and religious fanatics share a special link.

One of your best punchlines in recent memory :D

Mike Fang:

Xan Krieger:

I hear that. I think it's cause as far as Stout goes, she's not anti-Muslim, she treats all religions with equal contempt. Referring to religious people as ones who have "an imaginary friend" is a cheap shot at anyone who believes in a higher power that can't be unquestionably proven to exist.

I think it is the equivalent of a religious person saying "you don't believe what I believe therefore you are going to hell". Neither is a pleasant comment and both should be kept out of general conversation.

Mike Fang:

Two words: Unfalsifiable hypothesis.

Xan Krieger:
Incoming worldwide muslim protests in 3...2...1...

Yeah, keep up the dark humour

Hey! that's Imaginary friendist!

They are creepy enough already without making them angry :p

Mike Fang:

Xan Krieger:

To be fair,I may be a Christian, but I find some religions like Wicca to be absolute crap. I understand where Erin(or rather the people who make this comic, since she's a fictional character) is coming from. Also, God isn't imaginary, he's just invisible. :P

What a load of crap!
I mean, calling Him a "friend" is a bit of over exaggeration.
That dude either doesn't give a shit about us or in the best case scenario is making fun of us.
More like imaginary jerk.

Mike Fang:

Xan Krieger:

Or empirically proven to exist, or that that "it" cares about you more than any other random life form just because you spend so much time tell it how great it is in a very specific way.

I must heartily agree on the Four Lions recommendation, a damn good film.

DVS BSTrD:
Erin and religious fanatics share a special link.

Anywho, I love the multi-facepalm. Suitable actions are suitable. Also, that zinger might make a few people more ravenous than they probably should be. I'll be checking back in to see all the discussion later.

This was a brilliant strip. I'm completely loving the casual way she points it out. 10/10

Is it a bad thing that it took me a solid 30 seconds to figure out why everyone was face-palming in the last chapter?

I really liked the art in this particular comic.

And that zing really had zing.

penny's back!!!

Penny's back! Ohhhhh, Penny's back! She's back, she's back! Penny's back, hooray!

This is why I've been moving away from religious jokes in the past. I feel uncomfortable about making jokes about Christianity because nowadays every time I say it and people laugh I can't help but wonder "Are they laughing with me or are they laugh at me?" As an extension I feel uncomfortable making fun of Muslims as well.

Man im a bad person, all I could think through out this was how hot Sharon looked... I actually missed the joke, hang on a sec...
*re-reads*
HAHA!... thats funny... im still a bad person.

I'm reminded of something Yahtzee once said in his 50 Cent Blood on the Sand review. "You know what? A society where anyone can make jokes about anyone else and everyone laughs is a truly tolerant society. Political correctness charged censorship only serves to engender resentment and distance between social groups."

Hah, zing! She might not be one to talk... but it's not as if anyone would believe her...

I see Penny has discovered the brain-wave actuated cat ears. Cute. Kinda creepy, too. I'm personally waiting for the less cute, more useful, probably much more creepy brain-wave actuated third arm myself.

Lemmings... M word... I see what you did there.

What's for a xenophobic turd to fail to understand? Some people get murderously violent because of a religion, about 99% of the time, it's a certain religion. I don't have to get a degree in Islamic Studies or anything to want to put a boot to it.

ccdohl:
What's for a xenophobic turd to fail to understand? Some people get murderously violent because of a religion, about 99% of the time, it's a certain religion. I don't have to get a degree in Islamic Studies or anything to want to put a boot to it.

Except it ain't muslims 99% of the time. At the moment, Islam is probably the most violent large religion on earth, but only by a small margin. So what? We gonna boot out all the christians and hindus next?

Second panel was beautifully drawn. That came to mind first for some reason. :P

This is a joke I've heard many times, but seeing it coming from Erin just seemed hilarious. Especially given her own past situation.

To make an on topic comment: love this one!

wasneeplus:

Mike Fang:

Two words: Unfalsifiable hypothesis.

Are you saying an unfalsifiable hypothesis is proof?

wasneeplus:

ccdohl:

Except it ain't muslims 99% of the time. At the moment, Islam is probably the most violent large religion on earth, but only by a small margin. So what? We gonna boot out all the christians and hindus next?

Ahh, not what I meant by boot. I don't want to boot any law abiding person out of the United States or any other country. I'm just saying that abroad, Islam is super violent and we should recognize that and take steps. The boot being more like a show of force or condemnation than a move to deport people.

And I think you should recheck your numbers. That margin isn't small at all, especially when you take in to account all the religiously motivated Muslim on Muslim violence worldwide.

I like to talk with Groucho Marx. He is really insightful, and fun to hang around, and he isn't telling me to do anything dangerous or violent. You should all convert to Marxism right now, your life will improve by a 100% margin, or even by a 200% margin (those numbers are completely made up and might not reflect reality).

wasneeplus:

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Anyone who can't keep their hands to themselves over an argument, especially when it comes down to something as asinine as who's ancient supposedly-divinely-inspired text is the ONE TRUE TRUTH, needs to be punched in the face until the stupid bleeds out of their ears.

Believing in something is not, and should not be, a problem. The problem arises when one cannot discuss, or respond to criticism of, their beliefs civilly.

mdqp:
I like to talk with Groucho Marx. He is really insightful, and fun to hang around, and he isn't telling me to do anything dangerous or violent. You should all convert to Marxism right now, your life will improve by a 100% margin, or even by a 200% margin (those numbers are completely made up and might not reflect reality).

Oh god damnit. Now you've put in my head the mental image of Karl Marx with Groucho's glasses, 'stache and cigar. It's hilarious in all the wrong ways.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here