Movie Trailers: Iron Man 3 - Trailer

Iron Man 3 - Trailer

Here I thought that being a super hero was all fun and games. This looks like it could be considered work.

Watch Video

I saw this earlier this morning.

Such a huge nerd boner right now.

One of the movies I am looking forward the most next year.

And then we get Thor 2 and Captain America 2 and finally The Avengers 2... Oh yeah, gimme gimme gimme.

This trailer has definitely increased my anticipation for the movie

Wow, that actually looks pretty good :D

So how many plot threads from comics are we seeing?

Tony Stark's armor seems to be getting a mind of its own
The Government seems to be making their own armor
The Mandarin shows up.
Tony seems to be slipping towards booze

I kind of like how MOVIE!Tony is really a broken mess under all the swagger.
Hopefully they dont do a CIVIL WAR story line or Planet Hulk one.
Since those just made Tony look worse then his foes.

Nice! Wonder if this is supposed to happen post Avengers... Also, is that supposed to be Obadiah Stane in the trailer? They might've mentioned him, but I had to watch this at work on mute.

That bit at the end there. Is Tony going to fight Ivan Drago?

Must...see...
*has nerdgasm*
Seriously that looks simply amazing and I can't wait to see it. I love the Iron Man movies. Now I just need to see a Captain America 2 trailer. Although the movie hasn't really been announced yet but I'm sure it'll be awesome.

JdaS:
Nice! Wonder if this is supposed to happen post Avengers... Also, is that supposed to be Obadiah Stane in the trailer? They might've mentioned him, but I had to watch this at work on mute.

It is after The Avengers because Tony says how nothing has been the same since New York and he's traumatized. Not surprising as he sorta almost died from a nuke.

Dear Shane Black and Drew Pearce,

Please do not stuff Pepper in the fridge. Thank you.

Sincerely,

A Pepper Fan

I'm not sure if that scene where Pepper gets attacked by the suit is

a)The suit coming alive and turning into a jealous girlfriend plotline from the comics

or

b)The US military stealing his suit again.

If it's A, I'm a little worried that it's going to turn out like Spiderman 3 where they tried to jam in too much stuff from the comics in one movie.

Because we have Tony recovering from the Avengers, Mandarin making his debut, US military introducing their own Iron Man, and the suit coming alive?

Too much movie. Too much.

So it's basically going to be Iron Man Rises with Ban--- uh...The Mandarin as the villain? Seems legit :P

undeadsuitor:

a)The suit coming alive and turning into a jealous girlfriend plotline from the comics

or

If it's A, I'm a little worried that it's going to turn out like Spiderman 3 where they tried to jam in too much stuff from the comics in one movie.

Because we have Tony recovering from the Avengers, Mandarin making his debut, US military introducing their own Iron Man, and the suit coming alive?

I'm guessing it's

C) a dream sequence whereby Tony imagines the suit literally coming between them.

Avaholic03:

undeadsuitor:

or

I'm guessing it's

C) a dream sequence whereby Tony imagines the suit literally coming between them.

........If it's not that I'll be disappointed.

catchpa: love you

The Iron Man movie franchise is the only Marvel one I'm actually invested in (Avengers was ok for me, but it may get better with the second movie and less time needed to explain everything), and this trailer looks amazing. If they don't use a lot of narrative to tell where Tony is at the beginning of the movie, you can cram in a lot of plot lines, while still making sense, into it and I'm very exciting to see where they're going.

DC's got their work cut out for them.

Reaction to Iron Man 3: HOLY CRAP!!! MUST SEE NOW!!!

Reaction to Justice League: oh, that's cool, I guess... Well, don't screw it up DC. You'll only get one chance at this...

I was trying to think why this reminded me of the Thunderbirds live-action film...

Moth_Monk:
So it's basically going to be Iron Man Rises with Ban--- uh...The Mandarin as the villain? Seems legit :P

I got that too, very Bane-like indeed!

IndianaJonny:
I was trying to think why this reminded me of the Thunderbirds live-action film...

You. Are. Uh. May. Zing.

I wouldn't have made that connection in a million years, and I owned the Thunderbirds laserdiscs. Well done!

It looks a lot more serious than it's predecessors. I like it. Captain America had a more serious tone than the rest of these movies and that's what made it so much better than the rest of them. I have high expectations of this one. The only thing that saved Iron Man 2 was Scarlett Johansson. Ah, Scarlett Johansson. I love her so much.

Pink Apocalypse:
...I wouldn't have made that connection in a million years, and I owned the Thunderbirds laserdiscs. Well done!

Ah, they're all up on YouTube now if you wanna catch them. Of course, re-watching them these days, you pick up on a hilarious new level of unintended humour. Allow Parker to demonstrate (1:44):

Oh, and check out the...'contents' of Hassan Ali's taxi cab in Desperate Intruder and then consider that the saucy production team took the time to find those...'contents', and then shrink them down to the appropriate size just to fit them in the scene.

Captcha: "out of sorts" - I know captcha, and for a kid's show as well!

So, we have the Iron Patriot, the Extremis Armor plot and Ben fucking Kingsley as the Mandarin? Too much. Too much.

Are there no asians in Hollywood right now? Like they couldn't find a single fucking chinese guy to play one of the few asian villains in the marvel universe?

I am disappoint in this movie.

JaredXE:
So, we have the Iron Patriot, the Extremis Armor plot and Ben fucking Kingsley as the Mandarin? Too much. Too much.

Are there no asians in Hollywood right now? Like they couldn't find a single fucking chinese guy to play one of the few asian villains in the marvel universe?

I am disappoint in this movie.

Ben Kingsley is half Indian, yet, Kingsley's character in Iron Man 3 is half-Western and half-Chinese. Does that mean the actor cannot play a character of Chinese background? If he plays Asian characters, should he only play Indian characters? Can we box ourselves in some more?

Plus the movie is a part Chinese product anyway as far as funding goes, so they might not want a Chinese actor playing a bad guy in a big film like that, considering how they censor everything over there, this wouldn't surprise me as part of the reason.

Thought throughout this video.

"Beware, for I am the destroyer of worlds" I wonder why.

Anyway, it looks good. It sounds like Tony will be dealing with PTSD from the Manhattan incident, I hope they portray it well.

I believe in heroes, those who would sacrifice all they have for the sake of others.

I dunno. That voice over at the end took me from nerdgasm to "I'm suddenly unsure about this movie.". I'm still gonna go see it, but I'm not as enthused as I was before.

Wow, I have an erection. Holy shit marvel seems to be doing these right. I was wondering when they would throw The Mandarin in, he is one of Iron Man's more classic villains.

Edit: I can't help but wonder how they incorporate the Iron Patriot into this story. A little annoyed that they are just throwing him in there like that.

Much as I can't fucking wait to see this, that trailer was a bit all over the place. I appreciate that Iron Man's setup is quite different from other superheroes, in that it deals a lot more with politics and corporate backstabbery and all that, but I think the movies are just kind of repeating themselves in that the baddies in all three films are after the same thing: they just wanna ruin Tony Stark so they can say "Look! I ruined Tony Stark!"
But then, this is the Mandarin, who was pretty classic evil in the big take-over-the-world kinda way even compared to a lot of other villains. So maybe that'll change.
I do like the feeling that the price of Tony being so big in the world comes at the cost of everybody wanting a piece of his pie (now i want pie) And I think they played that up well, with Whiplash merely wanting to succeed in showing the world (and Stark's enemies) that Tony Stark wasn't invincible. "The sharks will smell blood in the water" as he put it.

This trailer serious got me hyped, I hope i dont get trolled and this movie is just as shit as the second.

So... Armor Wars and the Mandarin? Looks good.

I already saw the new Iroman 3 trailer.
But when I finished watching it, I immediately went to draw the most interesting character inside the trailer:

http://sweetshark.deviantart.com/art/Tony-Starks-Little-Secret-not-anymore-333986227

Arcane Azmadi:
So... Armor Wars and the Mandarin? Looks good.

A bit of Armor Wars. More Extremis.

I didn't know cinema snob could be so evil.

ciancon:

Moth_Monk:

I got that too, very Bane-like indeed!

I was getting that impression to, hopefully it's just this trailer and not the movie itself.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here