Let's Watch The Iron Man 3 Trailer

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Let's Watch The Iron Man 3 Trailer

MovieBob takes a close look at the brand new Iron Man 3 Trailer.

Read Full Article

I think Iron Man 3 has promise, and I say that as someone who didn't enjoy the first two movies quite as much as everyone else. I loved Tony Stark and enjoyed him when he wasn't wearing his suit, but the moment he put it on things always got boring for me. I mean, the main villain in Iron man 1 turn out to just be another guy in a suit, imagine the face-palm I gave after seeing the second movie! I can't enjoy Iron man if hes just fighting more guys in suits or robots, because I know he has so much more interesting villains he could be fighting. It's just really anti-climatic to go to these movies as see him playing rock-em sock-em robots. But Seeing who the villain is going to be in the third movie has filled me with genuine hope that we might get something interesting this time!

One of your bolds actaully is broken. You added in a / in the first part.

Moviebob:
[/b] 01:03 - 01:07[/b] Stark's house, being visited by more news helicopters - oh, wait ...

xPixelatedx:
I can't enjoy Iron man if hes just fighting more guys in suits or robots, because I know he has so much more interesting villains he could be fighting. It's just really anti-climatic to go to these movies as see him playing rock-em sock-em robots. But Seeing who the villain is going to be in the third movie has filled me with genuine hope that we might get something interesting this time!

So besides the Mandarin (who I'm glad is in this movie, because I love over-the-top Bond villain mastermind types) or anyone who's technically an Avengers villain, which of Iron Man's Rogues' Gallery isn't i) a corporate rival, ii) some kind of spy who probably can't hold their own with Iron Man in a straight fight, or iii) someone in a suit? Living Laser? MODOK? (He'd actually be fun.) Anybody else? I'd love to see AIM show up at some point as successors to HYDRA.

I refuse to watch this video for the same reason I refuse to watch any trailer for a movie I expect to really enjoy- I like my movie experience to be pristine and unspoilt, as much of a tabula rasa as possible. The joy of discovering something new is a big deal for me. There have been a few exceptions; the trailers I saw for Inglorious Basterds gave away absolutely nothing important. For me, such exceptions are a rare treat.
So, Bob, I'll come back and watch this after the movie comes out. In the meantime feel free to do one for a movie this particular Iron Man fanboy will give fewer damns about.

No one can visibly strain to carry something heavy over their shoulder without it being religious I guess.

MovieBob:
The persistent rumor is that it's a new and improved paint job for War Machine (it has War Machine's shoulder-mounted gun), which actually makes a lot of sense and could be amusing regarding The Army giving their Iron Man a bandwagon-hopping Avengers-mania makeover. On the other hand, if this is a new bad guy I look forward to Stark getting really pissed at him for wearing his teammate's colors.

It's definitely War Machine. If you look on the right side of chest piece you can see "LT. Col. James Rhodes".

I believe Ghostface Killah (alternate alias Tony Stark) holds the definitive review of this trailer.

Nah, it look live, though. It look live. They blew his house up, right? That was his crib, right? Yeah yeah, no, it look live, though. It look live. It look live. Look like it's gonna be some sh-t.

That needs to be on the posters. All of them

Falseprophet:

xPixelatedx:
I can't enjoy Iron man if hes just fighting more guys in suits or robots, because I know he has so much more interesting villains he could be fighting. It's just really anti-climatic to go to these movies as see him playing rock-em sock-em robots. But Seeing who the villain is going to be in the third movie has filled me with genuine hope that we might get something interesting this time!

So besides the Mandarin (who I'm glad is in this movie, because I love over-the-top Bond villain mastermind types) or anyone who's technically an Avengers villain, which of Iron Man's Rogues' Gallery isn't i) a corporate rival, ii) some kind of spy who probably can't hold their own with Iron Man in a straight fight, or iii) someone in a suit? Living Laser? MODOK? (He'd actually be fun.) Anybody else? I'd love to see AIM show up at some point as successors to HYDRA.

Wasn't there a picture shown quite a while back from the set of Iron Man 3 with an AIM sign? MODOK in a film would be so awesome. They can do Mandarin, why not MODOK?

I think if the suit does come alive on its own it might be because Tony is dreaming; he might be controlling the suit as he dreams, or maybe that just activates it, but I want to say it has something to do with him being asleep at the time.

I expect that they'll rename the Mandarin to something a little less blatantly offensive, something along the lines of a CIA case-file name. "The Scholar," "The Teacher," "The Ringmaster," "M," "The Wanderer (My personal choice, as it would give him an opportunity to meet/inspire/arm various IM villains such as The Ten Rings from IM1 and Ivan Vanko in IM2,)" etc.

Regardless, while it will still be a character piece on Tony Stark (let's be honest with this director), the villain will be a much stronger character than the last few (Hammer, in particular, was less of a villain and more of an irritant).

I've been watching the Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated Avengers series (its fucking awesome go watch it) and all its done is make me even more impatient for all the Marvel movies coming. I don't even read comics all that often but god damn is their so much awesome shit to geek out over lol.

MovieBob:
"Hey, how come they didn't call up Black Iron Man?"

As someone who lives near Boston, it's possible you overheard my father-in-law, and I find that hilarious.

Wasn't there an infamous Iron Man comic where the suit's AI went insane and ended up committing suicide? Also, didn't the film's suit also have an AI? I'm pretty sure it had a very advanced AI in all 3 films. Strange Bob is omitting something so obvious. Maybe he doesn't even want to consider the worst case scenario.

What do the movie crews behind Iron Man have against his house? In like every movie it gets trashed. And why would he be at his house, doesn't he have Stark Tower? I mean, if he can keep rebuilding his house every other day, surly he can rebuild his big, important tower.

Yes, biggest question is where does that giant bunny come from.

Revolutionaryloser:
Wasn't there an infamous Iron Man comic where the suit's AI went insane and ended up committing suicide? Also, didn't the film's suit also have an AI? I'm pretty sure it had a very advanced AI in all 3 films. Strange Bob is omitting something so obvious. Maybe he doesn't even want to consider the worst case scenario.

That was his house's AI, Jarvis. I always figured it was just communicating with him through the suit, and had some basic control over power levels or something. Not enough to make it move, but I suppose that could change in this one.

The way I saw it was that he was developing some kind of mental link with the suit with that head band he was wearing. Maybe in that scene he's having a nightmare of Pepper in danger, which inadvertently wakes up the suit to "save" her.

Revolutionaryloser:

Isn't that the basic plot of that forgotten film Stealth?

The suit used Jarvis as an OS and basic AI (i.e. capable of complex tasks, but unable to act on its own) that uses some kind of interface that goes beyond just tactile and vocal comands, likely connecting directly to his nervous system though the power core. The combination of the illness in IM2 and the supernatural events of The Avengers could have imprinted a crude copy of Stark onto the suit, but it would be way too easy to go that route (again, it's been done a few times).

Something I forgot when I posted above which would be interesting: The Ten Rings organization, which were modeled more after the 1980s Mujaheddin with members from all over the world (Belgian and German were mentioned as languages spoken), could have been an advance team of the (and I'll just call him this until we hear otherwise) Mandarin, who used the power vacuum created by the war in the mountainous region in southern Afghanistan to set up a base of operation under the guise of a standard warlord. It would explain the actions of the group, which seemed keen on securing villages and obtaining advanced weapons technology, as well as explaining who they are and how they are united together and why they seem less interested in engaging US forces like the Taliban and more controlling territory (again, attacking and clearing out villages).

Reading that Extremis article kind of felt like a giant spoiler for all three Iron Man movies. Wow, did they ever take cues from that in the first two, and the trailer isn't looking any less cluttered with pulls from there. I'm now scared for the lives of certain characters, having read that. Will be interesting to see how they handle the post-Avengers issue though. And I can't help but wonder how much of each characters individual stories (not so much Thor or Banner, I suppose) will be matters of pride, of "I don't need to call in the other guys, I can handle this on my own" kind of setups. Though, I'd love to see a line in Avengers 2 of "Hey, heard about the thing. Why didn't you call, you know I'd have come help."

My fragmented memory of the 90s Iron-man TV series runs counter to Moviebob's theory about a self-aware suit. In that they basically boil Mandarin down to a villain whose sole objective is to get Iron-man's suit.

TwistedEllipses:
My fragmented memory of the 90s Iron-man TV series runs counter to Moviebob's theory about a self-aware suit. In that they basically boil Mandarin down to a villain whose sole objective is to get Iron-man's suit.

Damn it. Now I have to watch that epic guitar-solo of an intro and then shave all the hair off my chest again...

it's a good break down of the trailer....

The new, more gold-heavy, presumably Extremis-oriented Iron Man armor. I actually like it, though once people started pointing out that he looks like a can of Vanilla Coke I can't stop seeing that.

damn it, now I can't stop see it either. now when I go see the movie I'll be thinking, "why is there a flying vanilla coka in this movie??" xD

Trishbot:

TwistedEllipses:

Damn it. Now I have to watch that epic guitar-solo of an intro and then shave all the hair off my chest again...

Glad to see I wasn't the only one.

It was an interesting trailer. Glad to see they're not trying to upscale the Avengers. The suit being self-aware sounds really interesting...curious what they'll do with it.

And always glad to see the Mandarin. He may not be PC, but I absolutely love the guy, he's a classic.

The Gentleman:

Revolutionaryloser:

Isn't that the basic plot of that forgotten film Stealth?

The suit used Jarvis as an OS and basic AI (i.e. capable of complex tasks, but unable to act on its own) that uses some kind of interface that goes beyond just tactile and vocal comands, likely connecting directly to his nervous system though the power core. The combination of the illness in IM2 and the supernatural events of The Avengers could have imprinted a crude copy of Stark onto the suit, but it would be way too easy to go that route (again, it's been done a few times).

Something I forgot when I posted above which would be interesting: The Ten Rings organization, which were modeled more after the 1980s Mujaheddin with members from all over the world (Belgian and German were mentioned as languages spoken), could have been an advance team of the (and I'll just call him this until we hear otherwise) Mandarin, who used the power vacuum created by the war in the mountainous region in southern Afghanistan to set up a base of operation under the guise of a standard warlord. It would explain the actions of the group, which seemed keen on securing villages and obtaining advanced weapons technology, as well as explaining who they are and how they are united together and why they seem less interested in engaging US forces like the Taliban and more controlling territory (again, attacking and clearing out villages).

It would be nice if it turned out that The Ten Rings is manipulating gullible terrorists. I don't particularly like terrorists, but having those guys as the bad guys is a bit too real in my opinion. I'd prefer a more comic-esque villain.

If they don't call him "The Mandarin" it's gonna be a sad day for the 9th Art... It's not a slur or anything, the bad guy just goes by that name. Grow up world.

.....checks the wiki....ooooh

so does this mean the movies will do the cuting edge armor next?maybe even towards the end of the movie since every ironman movie and the avengers had tony getting a new suit 1/2 through the movie?

You forgot the best part of the trailer my friend.
If you freeze the trailer at 1:12 you will see something interesting.
Let me help you with an artwork of mine:

[Just copy the link and search in your browser...somehow the link tag doesn't work again...]

scarab7:
Yes, biggest question is where does that giant bunny come from.

Now we know XD

I think it'll be interesting to see Stark in conflict with his own suit. In the previous movies, it was the suit that always pulled through, even when Stark's heart light was going out or pumping toxins into his blood. I think it was Captain America who asked the question "without your suit, what are you?" I just hope it doesn't come down to the 'kill it with the power of love' plot device that Doctor Who has been using far too much recently. Because I'm sure we all know there is only one show that can get away with using the power of love, and it's a girls' cartoon.

samahain:
If they don't call him "The Mandarin" it's gonna be a sad day for the 9th Art... It's not a slur or anything, the bad guy just goes by that name. Grow up world.

The problem is that it is a name that comes out of a time where race and ethnic sensitivity was effectively non-existent, and sounds like a slightly more sinister version of the the term "Chinaman." Like Bob noted, while he is certainly one of the core villains in Marvel Cannon and the equivalent of Iron Man's Doctor Doom, the character is based on the reoccurring "yellow scare" that pops up in the US every 30-40 years and can be particularly offensive if handled poorly.

Plus, outside of terrorist groups (fun fact: the now-deceased brief second-in-command of alQaeda Central following the death of Osama Bin Ladin was nicknamed The Libyan "alLibi" and is regarded by some to be the reason for the attack in Benghazi in September) and organized crime stories (see "The American"), no one calls themselves by their geographic or racial/ethnic identity. I think he will be renamed "the teacher" for his alias and given a western name for his actual identity.

The Gentleman:

samahain:

The problem is that it is a name that comes out of a time where race and ethnic sensitivity was effectively non-existent, and sounds like a slightly more sinister version of the the term "Chinaman." Like Bob noted, while he is certainly one of the core villains in Marvel Cannon and the equivalent of Iron Man's Doctor Doom, the character is based on the reoccurring "yellow scare" that pops up in the US every 30-40 years and can be particularly offensive if handled poorly.

Plus, outside of terrorist groups (fun fact: the now-deceased brief second-in-command of alQaeda Central following the death of Osama Bin Ladin was nicknamed The Libyan "alLibi" and is regarded by some to be the reason for the attack in Benghazi in September) and organized crime stories (see "The American"), no one calls themselves by their geographic or racial/ethnic identity. I think he will be renamed "the teacher" for his alias and given a western name for his actual identity.

Indeed.
Sure you, me and many others know the story of this villain that why we don't care so much about it.
But what about the 80% of the other people they watched only the movies of Ironman, not the old comics?
This is a perspective we must think in all the movies and much more we can't even think of.

See the really bad Transformers movies of Michael Bay!
They clearly do a REALLY BAD job for us to enjoy this film cause the movies didn't have the "real" spirit of the old Transformers we had knew from our childhood.
But what about the other peoples they don't wear the Nostalgia glasses?
Also what about the young children they only think the awesome toys will get cause of the movie?

So, even I want to kill myself when I know Michael Bay will make a TMNT movie, but with aliens.....yeah....but I am 90% sure they doing that with a solid reason to make a lot of money.

It didn't look like the mystery woman was kissing Tony Stark, but slamming him against a wall like "i'ma fuck you up!"
And with the armour with a mind of its own scenes, I have to wonder if it isn't some more of that deceptive editing you're talking about and in these complete scenes, the armour is actually trying to help tony. It could be grabbing Pepper all like "Ms. Potts! Some serious shit's going down!" And in the scene where it's crouching over Tony looking threatening, look at the destroyed house around them, it could be trying to protect Tony, shielding him from falling rubble. This looks to be taking place during the house destruction scene, as when the helicopters are done with it, the house is shown falling into the sea at the end of the trailer dragging the Iron Man armour down with it. What I want to know is, does it have Tony inside it at that point?
I wasn't convinced that the scenes of beaten up Tony in the snow at the beginning and end of the trailer were meant to be dream sequences. I interpreted them as Tony being back at square one and having to use his brains to get out of a tough spot, which the director has talked about wanting to do, emulating the first movie.
If this what he meant, I have to imagine it comes after the house blowing up scene.

I like the idea of Tony accidentally controlling it with his mind. Though.
I also have to wonder, is this like... The US army or somebody being manipulated into thinking "Tony's got a whole bunch of dangerous suits and one of them has a mind of its own now! He's do dangerous, we gotta blow him out of the sky!"

I can deal with the giant stuffed rabbit being in Stark's Mansion.

...but why oh why does it have tits?

LazyAza:
I've been watching the Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated Avengers series (its fucking awesome go watch it) and all its done is make me even more impatient for all the Marvel movies coming. I don't even read comics all that often but god damn is their so much awesome shit to geek out over lol.

I just finished watching that this past weekend with my son. Is it just me or does the person voicing Tony Stark sound a little like Movie Bob?

zerobudgetgamer:
I can deal with the giant stuffed rabbit being in Stark's Mansion.

...but why oh why does it have tits?

Go to this link.
I am think I am quit accurate

http://sweetshark.deviantart.com/#/d5iuhf7

Well, typical "epic" music. Bob's gotta love that. Nothing that any of the "cool kids" would have listened to back in high school.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here