The Erin Stout School of Problem Solving

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Erin Stout School of Problem Solving

In Which Erin Does Something Entirely Reasonable

Read Full Article

Gun's smaller than I thought. I was expecting a rocket launcher.

"Unorthodox"? I find that's the way most women react to spiders.
That or get a man to deal with it.

Erin has access to firearms?

Now that is Whack!!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't everyone know she regularly hallucinates about video game characters? Brrrr!!!!

Copper Zen:

Now that is Whack!!!!

Now I am wondering what state she lives in O.o

Fappy:

Copper Zen:

Now that is Whack!!!!

Ergo gun is crack.

Erin is an evil manic pixie dream girl and I love it.

That is unorthodox, any sane person would use a shotgun.

So... mini-Moll's actual name is Seren? (or are these new characters?)

Everyone knows spiders have to be killed with fire

DVS BSTrD:

Pretty much this. I work in a small 5 person office in which I am the only male. Any time a spider is spotted, there's first a shriek, then a call for me to come in and assassinate it. Afterwards they always remind me about how much they hate spiders.

Still, I gotta agree with the first response as well:

marurder:
Gun's smaller than I thought. I was expecting a rocket launcher.

Honestly I expected Marcus Fenix to be handing her his Lancer to take down the pesky arachnid. :P

Just one question: has the comic now fallen into the trend of only having 3 panels?
I'm not complaining, just want to know if it'll be a permanent type deal.

Also, guns are a woman's spider killing tool. Real men use their fists!...too bad none of us are.

Lectori Salutem:
Everyone knows spiders have to be killed with fire

I find this to be far more applicable but with the same message:

Found a spider under a work table in the garage. Thing was the size of a half-dollar, and fucking CHARGED me.

That pistol is NOT big enough. I honestly considered napalm for a while there.

Did no one else see the spider was ON Mol? And second I got a very 47 vibe from her gun, shirt, and glove combo...

Was that the spider on Moll's back in the first panel?

I try to avoid posting image links but this one is totally appropriate for this comic:

Agow95:
That is unorthodox, any sane person would use a shotgun.

And yes this was the first thing I thought of as well.

As long as you use the right ammunition

NameIsRobertPaulson:
Found a spider under a work table in the garage. Thing was the size of a half-dollar, and fucking CHARGED me.

Size a fucking half-dollar!?

Also, who would give Erin a gun? Thats like through gasoline onto a fire.

Fappy:

State=Denial
Maybe Texas. We measure guns by the bushel basket. If Erin lived here, she'd be a Bushnell basket case.

We also have spiders. Black Widows and Brown Recluse--both nasty. You just make sure you are careful working around stacked/collected things outside. Woodpile=Spidertopia.

Copper Zen:

Now that is Whack!!!! Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't everyone know she regularly hallucinates about video game characters? Brrrr!!!!

Never mind the hallucinations. Erin isn't exactly stable even without them, so yeah I too find it worrysome that anyone would allow her access to firearms.

It's not the shootin', it's the reloadin'.

Great comic, but I'm hoping your next one will be on Doritosgate. And also that you will refer to it as Doritosgate because I came up with that just now and I find it rather clever.

I understand Western society to a great extent but why this fear of spiders?
Our response is to pick it up in a cloth or paper and throw it outside the house(they are ignored almost completely in classes or offices). Or just avoid contact. They are more afraid of you than you are of them(unless its one of those giant Australian ones that do charge at humans, The Sydney Funnel Web).
http://www.cracked.com/funny-163-australia/

Wait, wait, wait.
Wait.
Wait!
Wait?
Mini-Moll has a name?

Did someone say BUG?

Holy crap!! It's on her back! Look look! Then call 911

Is Erin dressed as Han Solo?

WanderingFool:

NameIsRobertPaulson:

Size a fucking half-dollar!?

Also, who would give Erin a gun? Thats like through gasoline onto a fire.

tut tut, how rude. firing off a tank in a populated area
at-least borrow my silencer:

i agree, erin needs a shotgun at least.

I'd cuddle it to death 0-o

Arif_Sohaib:
I understand Western society to a great extent but why this fear of spiders?
Our response is to pick it up in a cloth or paper and throw it outside the house(they are ignored almost completely in classes or offices). Or just avoid contact. They are more afraid of you than you are of them(unless its one of those giant Australian ones that do charge at humans, The Sydney Funnel Web).
http://www.cracked.com/funny-163-australia/

You can't explain phobias. Shit just scares people for no reason sometimes. For example, I'm actually quite fond of spiders but put me in a room with a big nasty roach and I will have a damn nervous breakdown and either run like hell or go hulk on the damn thing.

DVS BSTrD:

A man with a gun, preferably.

Copper Zen:

How the hell else is she going to defend herself from Duke Nukem's advances?

Poor spider, I can only hope its death is painless. D:

...Yikes, something tells me this won't end well...

Erin doesn't own bug spray... but what she does have is a particular set of skills....

Knowing Erin, she would actually tell her friend to hold still ... except she's not using a fly swatter obviously.

And then comes 911, the hospital, the lawyer and the excuse "It was a spider, I saved the little girl's life from long term nightmares."

canadamus_prime:

Copper Zen:

Never mind the hallucinations. Erin isn't exactly stable even without them, so yeah I too find it worrysome that anyone would allow her access to firearms.

ATF Form 4473 (completed whenever buying firearms from an FFL in the United States regardless of state), Item 11f. "Have you ever been adjudicated mentally defective (explaination) OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution? YES/NO

I think Erin may have fibbed a little, lol ;)

How can i enrol at this school?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or