Movie Trailers: Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters - Red Band Trailer

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters - Red Band Trailer

The Matrix meets the Brothers Grimm in the latest retelling of Hansel and Gretel.

Watch Video

well that looks bloody....

So this isn't related to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (since they both involve a character and being a profession of a hunter)?
It remind me of the awful Van Helsing (who knows this film could be good) but more bloody.

Hawkeye and a Bond chick bloodily killing vampire/witches with shotguns in medieval Euorpe.

Considering the quality of recent fairy tale adaptations, I'm pretty pessimistic about this. Still, freaking Hawkeye...

I will definitely watch it on DVD. The question will be: Can I talk anyone into seeing it in theaters?

This actually looks cheesy enough to be entertaining.

They're obviously not intending it to be taken seriously, which makes me generally more forgiving. Who knows it might actually be a lot of fun.

Only problem I have is I'm not a fan of gore fests, and this certainly looks like one.

So, we have:
- A love story...
- A lot of mythological creatures...
- A rebel one that is actually good (and hot), and fell for the hero
- An unexpressed love triangle (even when they are actually brothers)

Yeap, that's Twilight for you, only with more gore.

Ldude893:
Hawkeye and a Bond chick bloodily killing vampire/witches with shotguns in medieval Euorpe.

Considering the quality of recent fairy tale adaptations, I'm pretty pessimistic about this. Still, freaking Hawkeye...

Once Upon a Time is great, and in it's second season. Then again that's a TV show and not a film.

Is Jeremy Renner "in" at the moment? I've been seeing him rather often lately.

Wheres the part with the duck who carries them across the river?

Ldude893:

That should be the premise of every movie :)
Still, look interesting enough to not skip over, I hope.

hermes200:
So, we have:
- A love story...
- A lot of mythological creatures...
- A rebel one that is actually good (and hot), and fell for the hero
- An unexpressed love triangle (even when they are actually brothers)

Yeap, that's Twilight for you, only with more gore.

Wait... I'm confused...

Love triangle?

Isn't there Hansel, Gretel and the good witch chick? Didn't see any other major characters.

So... Twilight with more gore, bisexuality and/or incest? Depending on which way the love triangle swings...

Still confused as to where the love triangle came from though...

Oh man.

I can't lie - this looks AMAZING.

I'm glad they finally showed the "humor" in the trailer, the first one was really lousy, you can't really sell a "fun" movie by only showing the hunting part in the trailer.

Imagine a few hundred years from now people making movies about professional jew hunters in germany during WW2, portraying the jews are being evil and needs to be kill.

Men tried to justify subjugating women and call them witches caused a lot of suffering and now people are making a joke about it and making bad movies.

So apparently I'm the only one interested in watching this... I mean, you have Hawkeye hunting mythological creatures, plenty of humor, cool action... Nope, still no love for it? Okay.

At least it will be better than that Bourne movie rip-off. The most fun I had in that was working on the homework that I brought with me, because I knew it would suck.

ExtraDebit:
Imagine a few hundred years from now people making movies about professional jew hunters in germany during WW2, portraying the jews are being evil and needs to be kill.

Men tried to justify subjugating women and call them witches caused a lot of suffering and now people are making a joke about it and making bad movies.

actually it was more religous intolerance of Wikins(whickins?) by puritans that spawned the term witch.

So the obvious Monty Python reference has already been taken. Hmm. I guess I'm going to have to go with...

"I can't be having with this."

Or maybe:

ExtraDebit:

...Okay, when you put it like that the whole thing seems a lot less appealing.

I loved the Brothers Grimm. Van Helsing wasn't bad either. Sooo... I'll be watching this one. It looks like it could be fun.

Off-topic for a sec: Is anyone else bothered by the music choice in the Assassins Creed 3 ad. "I'm Coming Home"... Are you kidding me?! Lazy lazy lazy music choice...

Okay, so what bothers me about this whole thing is the redhead (sorry, can't think of a better nickname from the trailer) is Castle's daughter O.O

I think this looks awesome. Looks to be in the same vein as 'Your Highness' which was awesome so....logic FTW!

ExtraDebit:

so it's alright for men to be killed in countless movies upon movies but not magical women? equality FTW right there

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here