Zero Punctuation: XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

XCOM: Enemy Unknown

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews XCOM: Enemy Unknown.

Watch Video

I think this was an amazing game. I still havent seen the Yahtee Croshaw Team member!

Why does it say Assassin's Creed III under the video?

It's nice to see a company work similar to the original and have it work. I prefer my JRPG tactical games (since the Disgaea series is basically cocaine and Tactics Ogre is my favorite game of all time), but it's good to see market innovation... sort of.

Remember: the save button is your friend...

One... more... turn...

I really want to get this one, but I think I'll wait just another week or so when winter reduces me to hermit status again.

Did anyone else smile as wide as I did when he referenced Octodad?

So the statistics totally say Assassin's Creed 3

Good to see just about everyone is talking about that whole worldwide single American accent thing :P

Here's hoping Yahtzee gets revenge on Assassin's Creed 3 for it's shameless anti-brit marketing by completely ignoring it next week and reviewing the just released Farming Simulator 2013 instead...

Loving the positive vibes. And the "Nigeria has withdrawn support" slide had me laughing for the rest of the video

I might have to try this out. I had almost precisely the same reaction as Yahtzee to watching a friend play Valkyria Chronicles. Good core gameplay, but absolutely ridiculous aesthetics.

"Nature Lover"

If any game could stand up to Yahtzee's anal probing, it would be X-com.

That might have been his most glowing endorsement to date.

Ah X-Com, the Dracula of Time Vampires. I'm surprised Yahtzee even got this out.

Though it does still have it's buggy problems so it's not 100% perfect but it's still fun.

SPELLEGRINO:
I think this was an amazing game. I still havent seen the Yahtee Croshaw Team member!

Oh, you mean this?

I reckon the people making the game must have been well chuffed when they saw he'd noticed.

May want to sort the bit underneath the video =P And this is yet another game I want but don't have the money to buy at the moment D=

Also please let it be Farming Simulator 2013 next week! Or is that prestigious honour being given to Mr Chalk? =P

Somebody HAS to review it, anyway.

It's rare that any game other than Thief or Silent Hill 2 gets this much praise.

I was sure he'd mention the fact that he is a character in the game.

...ok, didn't call that. Thought that he wasn't going to like it. Aw well, I really should give it another playthrough. I kinda lost patience with it and kept save scumming individual turns, but maybe I was going about it the wrong way.

I saw it! I fucking saw it! He keeps scoffing at Warhammer 40.000 (and, in all fairness, it amuses me greatly), but that weapon the baby imps were holding was a W40k plasma rifle! xD

This review made the game sound a lot more fun than the trailers would have me believe. Maybe I'll give it a whirl once it's nice and cheap, in a year or so.

Got kinda meta there at the end :)

I think the randomness would really mess with me. Its the same thing that makes me lug around a million pounds of useless crap in games like skyrim.

I can honestly say this was the complete opposite of what I was expecting him to say about it.

Sonicron:
I saw it! I fucking saw it! He keeps scoffing at Warhammer 40.000 (and, in all fairness, it amuses me greatly), but that weapon the baby imps were holding was a W40k plasma rifle! xD

I don't think Yahtzee gives a shit where the plasma rifles come from when he's Google-Image-Searching for a video...

With so many enjoyable (IMO) games being released this year, its hard to keep yourself from spending too much money.

I was hoping that at least Yahtzee could sedate my urge to buy these games, but he isn't succeeding, even with last week's more negative review of Dishonored. And now this XCOM review... I want this game so badly anyway, but now I am close to uncontrollably impulse-buying this game.

Also, this is one of his most enjoyable review, IMO. Great stuff.

Slow XCLAP for the ending.

I'm still waiting some releases in PSVita so this might have to wait. I'm interested in this, but not that much =P

I'm on the fence about this game, so I'll probably pick it up eventually.

Elmoth:
Why does it say Assassin's Creed III under the video?

To tease people mercilessly.

Or a mistake. One of the two.

Some how I dreaded hearing this review, I am happy to find myself disappointed... Excuse me while I leave to go blow holes in the side of UFO's...

Mr.Tea:
I don't think Yahtzee gives a shit where the plasma rifles come from when he's Google-Image-Searching for a video...

You don't say.
Let me explain it, then: I never said he secretly liked W40k despite earlier statements to the contrary - I was pointing out the irony of him (probably unknowingly) using imagery from a storyverse he dislikes.

WaitWHAT:

SPELLEGRINO:

Oh, you mean this?

I reckon the people making the game must have been well chuffed when they saw he'd noticed.

Yes, That's the one. Ever since I saw it on his site, I've been saying a little prayer to Yig in the hopes Yahtzee would join my team. No luck so far, I may be praying to the wrong eldritch god.

Who says he can't be funny when he likes the game he's talking about? This might be one of my favorites of his.

I may actually play this one day. It sounds, dare I say it, fun.

Yahtzee? Liking a strategy game?

Welp. That's a sign that I need to drop whatever I'm doing and go play it now.

I'm a bit surprised he liked it, but it's really good.

The problem is that it steals your time. Last night it was late and I knew I had to go to sleep, then I had the idea "let's just look how things are with the XCOM initiative" and then "lemme see just the start of this next mission" and then next thing I know the Sun is coming up and I spent the whole night playing. I have to be more careful whenever I think playing it.

Ickabod:
That might have been his most glowing endorsement to date.

Well, he did think it was shit. Admittedly: good shit, but still.

... Yea, probably one of the more glowing endorsements indeed.

Mr.Tea:

Sonicron:

He generally refers to such weapons as BFG 10,000's.

And seriously, one BFG is pretty much another. Whether they go BRRRM or SPLAT or BANG, they all get the job done.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here