Unskippable: Lollipop Chainsaw

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Lollipop Chainsaw

You don't want to skip this information filled romp through Lollipop Chainsaw.

Watch Video

Holy crap, I didn't know it was Tara Strong!
This is really... unsettling.

I couldn't do it. Love you guys, but I found that opening so cringeworthy when I played the game, I couldn't sit through the whole thing again.

dubious_wolf:

And it just got worse. Why did you have to tell me this? I hope I can forget this by saturday.

Can't. Stop. Hearing. Twilight Sparkle. GAH this is disturbing.

A Zombie outbreak fucked up my 22nd it took me weeks to get the bloodstains out of everything.

pffh:

What's Twilight Sparkle?

oh suda 51 your so damn crazy.

pffh:

SwimmingRock:
I couldn't do it. Love you guys, but I found that opening so cringeworthy when I played the game, I couldn't sit through the whole thing again.

dubious_wolf:

And it just got worse. Why did you have to tell me this? I hope I can forget this by saturday.

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=twilight+sparkle+lollipop+chainsaw&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=AviXUKOTDor90gGP0YGACA&biw=1036&bih=557&sei=MfiXUNmUIKr40gGp6oHoBw

You know, I'm thinking it was intentional...

Recessive genes means it's hidden, a dark haired man can still carry a blonde hair gene, it's two blondes that can't have a dark haired kid.

dubious_wolf:
-snip-

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=twilight+sparkle+lollipop+chainsaw&oe=UTF-8&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=AviXUKOTDor90gGP0YGACA&biw=1036&bih=557&sei=MfiXUNmUIKr40gGp6oHoBw

You know, I'm thinking it was intentional...

I... I just. I can't.... why? Why would you show this to me?

Sorry, I know you're not trying to upset me. I know you probably just find it humorous and wanted to spread the lolz, but I hated Juliet and Lollipop Chainsaw on the whole made me uncomfortable and I found it somewhat disgusting. I just want to forget it happened. Also because I thought it sucked.

Alright, alright I'll stop...
It is really funny though.

pffh:

dubious_wolf:

SwimmingRock:

And to add salt into injury-

Well here's the parody version of Twlight reaction of her voice being used like that-

The hologram photo part had me in stitches! How did I not see it as that way in the first place?

My little chainsaw,
I used to wonder what shallow could be,
My little chainsaw,
doing splits and killing zombies...

Gah, I hate ditzy High School Cheerleaders.

Mary Poppins, Vampire Hunter... that could work.

canadamus_prime:

Well she is meant to be something of a parody of one.

I was wondering how long till the Tara Strong comments came in... and it was in the first post. Didn't bother me really, the more I played the game the more I forgot the link, and I still class this as one of the more entertaining games (emphasis here, entertaining, not necessarily good) I've played this year, a guilty pleasure I guess.

leviadragon99:

canadamus_prime:

Well she is meant to be something of a parody of one.

That doesn't make her any more bearable to listen to.

lord.jeff:
Recessive genes means it's hidden, a dark haired man can still carry a blonde hair gene, it's two blondes that can't have a dark haired kid.

Thank you for pointing this out! I was going to come and post pretty much what you said until I read what you had. Well, then again, I may point it out anyway.

Recessive traits does not imply that only those with a complete set of them will receive that genetic trait. For the blond hair, the father is probably carrying around the recessive (ie non-dominant) hair color trait and, by luck, passed it on to his daughter. Same with the mother who could only pass on the recessive trait due to her hair color. This is Bio 101 here, none too complicated.

In fact, this was the most annoying part of this episode. I could deal with the cinematic (although the whole "high school love" portion was hilarious) but get the science wrong...not so good.

redknightalex:

lord.jeff:

Thank you for pointing this out! I was going to come and post pretty much what you said until I read what you had. Well, then again, I may point it out anyway.

Recessive traits does not imply that only those with a complete set of them will receive that genetic trait. For the blond hair, the father is probably carrying around the recessive (ie non-dominant) hair color trait and, by luck, passed it on to his daughter. Same with the mother who could only pass on the recessive trait due to her hair color. This is Bio 101 here, none too complicated.

In fact, this was the most annoying part of this episode. I could deal with the cinematic (although the whole "high school love" portion was hilarious) but get the science wrong...not so good.

yes bio 101 just before you learn about the +/-5 to 10% chance of mutation that just makes the whole Punnet Square thing go "I don't need accuracy I am probability"

canadamus_prime:

I found her adorable.

gardian06:
yes bio 101 just before you learn about the +/-5 to 10% chance of mutation that just makes the whole Punnet Square thing go "I don't need accuracy I am probability"

What can I say, I left Bio for Classical History and Psychology before I threw my grades down the toilet.

Either way, it's the most basic of explanations for the way it was stated on the video, which didn't mesh well with what either of us were saying. And don't forget that even with probability, we still have barely any idea why we have such hair color, or eye color, or personality quirks that may or may not be determined by our genetic code. Eye color has, what, a half-dozen or so different genetic markers for it, last I heard?

I think almost every joke in this episode was already a joke in the game...

DVS BSTrD:
My little chainsaw,
My little chainsaw,

...Undead Bodies, Bloody Gore,
Bitten Boyfriend on the floor,
Lollipops for energy,
Small top and skirt make it all complete!
(oo-oh!)
My Little Chainsaw
Did you know I plan on killing them all?

Space Jawa:

DVS BSTrD:
My little chainsaw,
My little chainsaw,

...Undead Bodies, Bloody Gore,
Bitten Boyfriend on the floor,
Lollipops for energy,
Small top and skirt make it all complete!
(oo-oh!)
My Little Chainsaw
Did you know I plan on killing them all?

don't forget the random anime dlc that makes it all more fun to play. Epically from the series is this a zombie of the dead... THAT's NOT A KICK

It's weird 'cause none of the characters in this are ridiculously plot-drivingly stupid like most Hollywood zombie films. You know, there's the woman who insists on hugging her obvious zombie child, the man who insists on hiding in the worst possible places and having dick waving contests with the only guy in the group who has a sensible idea, the guy who decides to pull a gun on his fellow survivors because he somehow thinks using them as bait will save himself...

They avoid all that, and I have to say I kind of respect them for it.

lord.jeff:

Biology aside (and that is some beautiful biology), it's also possible that the dad is actually blonde and he's the one dying his hair (long live mathematics!). I love how science can save the day... unless "how science can save the day" doesn't love me, in which case, I'm cool with just hanging out and stuff...

You know, this actually does makes me wanna play the game, I'm thinking I'll have to try and pick up a used copy

Varya:
You know, this actually does makes me wanna play the game, I'm thinking I'll have to try and pick up a used copy

I was juuuust thinking that, I did have fun with Shadows of the Damned, so I should look into this one.

Guys, this was one of the funniest videos you made all year. The cutscene itself is full of jokes and I like how you added even more, like the "no funny stuff" line and the cracks about Juliet's dad. But what was "We're in the clear" about when you saw Suda 51 in the opening credits? I thought the only thing his games have in common was balls-to-the-wall over-the-top craziness.

captcha: over cast sky
Not in California in November

lord.jeff:

I like how in a game about a highschool cheerleader who dices zombies for a living, the hair colour is what strains the suspension of disbelief.

Darth_Payn:
But what was "We're in the clear" about when you saw Suda 51 in the opening credits?

"We're in the clear," was in response to Juliet stating today was her 18th birthday.

Graham_LRR:
Lollipop Chainsaw

You don't want to skip this information filled romp through Lollipop Chainsaw.

Watch Video

Please please please please please make this into a multi-parter like you did for metal gear, I mean there are so many great cut scenes to make fun of!

So what do you say will you do it for me? ^_^

Just like to point out Blond isn't necessarily a recessive trait. You don't need both parents to be blond to be a natural blond.

Actually, it turned out better than expected. Shhh.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here