Trailers: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Attract Trailer

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale - Attract Trailer

Seems like you can't trust anyone in the PlayStation universe.

Watch Video

While I have had no interest in PSALBR (Pusalber?), anything that has to do with Madeon immediately grabs my attention.

Granted, the idea that SuperBot Entertainment stopped having an audio department and instead just filled PSALBR with Madeon songs is a bit ludicrous, but a man can dream, damn-it!

All the want!

I know it has no gameplay, but the trailer sells this EXTREMELY well.
And I think Sony did a good job with what they had. I've got favourites already, though I'll probably end up playing as Sly, even though he's changed since last time.

That is all

Edit: 333 posts :D

This looks awesome. Great characters, tight gameplay, and reportedly hundreds of hours of content? Count me in. Pre-ordering it on Monday.

I saw Sir Daniel Fortesque, I'm kind off regretting not having Playstation now.
Because everyone knows that Medievil was awesome.

I'm not sold on this game yet. From what I've seen, it looks like a PlayStation version of the Super Smash Bros series. If it has the same gameplay as Super Smash Bros then I want nothing to do with it, even if it *does* have more exciting characters.

Little Sister: Awww! the wittle Sackboy so CUTE!
Big Daddy: HANDS OFF MY DAUGHTER!

Steve Waltz:
I'm not sold on this game yet. From what I've seen, it looks like a PlayStation version of the Super Smash Bros series. If it has the same gameplay as Super Smash Bros then I want nothing to do with it, even if it *does* have more exciting characters.

The game looks a lot like Super Smash Bros but plays much different according to Beta players

Steve Waltz:

It's not really like SSBB. The combat is fairly combo focussed, and the aim is to fill your super bar to use varying levels of super attack to KO your opponent, rather than ring them out. It's kinda like comparing professional wrestling to sumo wrestling; rather than trying to ring out your opponent, you have flashy moves that look cool but really just build up to the finisher - that's what wins games. The gameplay is actually really tight judging from the beta, it's great fun.

My problem is the only way to score points is to destroy your targets.

You can't kicking them out of the ring, you can only use your special to do so.

Baron_Rouge:

Steve Waltz:

It's not really like SSBB. The combat is fairly combo focussed, and the aim is to fill your super bar to use varying levels of super attack to KO your opponent, rather than ring them out. It's kinda like comparing professional wrestling to sumo wrestling; rather than trying to ring out your opponent, you have flashy moves that look cool but really just build up to the finisher - that's what wins games. The gameplay is actually really tight judging from the beta, it's great fun.

Yeah, I always compared the look and feel of SSBB to an underground fighting ring, while All-Stars is more like a flashy, high-stakes pay-per-view wrestling tournament.

And just like that, people stop complaining about what they assumed was a small roster.

Endocrom:
And just like that, people stop complaining about what they assumed was a small roster.

I thought that happened when the roster was released weeks ago.

So, the biggest question is...

Can I get it for my xbox?

Endocrom:

Well, with the obvious comparison to Super Smash Bros. it's still not as expanded as some might've wanted it to be.

There's definitely greater variety of characters on display here since they don't seem to slap out 5 characters of the same franchise.

With games like these i tend to find a favourite and the other characters fall by the wayside anyways so i'm not really complaining. Nathan Drake, Evil Cole and Sly Cooper are definitely gonna get their workouts done.

Personally i like how they've built the roster, because there seems to be something in there to appeal to everyone.

V8 Ninja:
While I have had no interest in PSALBR (Pusalber?), anything that has to do with Madeon immediately grabs my attention.

Granted, the idea that SuperBot Entertainment stopped having an audio department and instead just filled PSALBR with Madeon songs is a bit ludicrous, but a man can dream, damn-it!

Actually, the abbreviation is PSASBR (so... Sasbar?).

I noticed that the original theme for PSASBAR (passbar?) sounded very similar to Madeon's Finale.

Hafrael:
So, the biggest question is...

Can I get it for my xbox?

Banjo-Kazooie vs. Master Chief vs. Crackdown guy vs. Conker

crossing my fingers that MS wants in on this.

Anything with Medievil is improved by leaps and bounds...and a boomeranging arm.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here