Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward

Pages 1 2 NEXT

I have no idea what's going on, but I am profoundly interested in who the guy in the symbol-covered blue is and what he is doing there.

What?
Big ball of Willily Wobboly timey wimey stuff?

There are sew many plot threads it makes my head spin.

Why the hell are her nails painted black(god I hope they're painted) and is that the Prince of Persia dude?

Pooh, could'nt get into the demo actually, but hey, love for the Vita is always good.
And a Japanese game that ends in a paradox, wow.....like they never pulled that one before.

man this was confusing!

Did you just reference Hellsing Abridged? Also am I the only one who saw the word "zero" and hoped that Yahtzee would be involved?

[edit] deleted.

I've got no idea what's going on, but I do love that Kain got included.

erttheking:
Did you just reference Hellsing Abridged? Also am I the only one who saw the word "zero" and hoped that Yahtzee would be involved?

You are not,sir. You are NEVER the only one.

Hey, Erin has be redrawn for the Critical Miss emblem :D

Your art has really come a long way Cory, good job.

AllFreightOnCanals:
The guy on the left with the blue shirt with symbols is from the game referenced in the comic Zero Escape:Virtue's Last Reward.

see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Escape:_Virtue's_Last_Reward
specifically:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Good_People_Die_Characters.png

The other two are Kain (of Legacy of Kain fame) and the Prince of Persia.

I'm not sure who the person in the suit is supposed to be. Can anyone enlighten me?

[Edit] My best guess for the guy in the suit is Abe from Primer. But since he's not a video game character that seems unlikely.

I think that might be the guy from braid.

I love all the cats added in there. Sigma loves him some cats! :3

Schrodinger's Kitties! Soooo puuuuurrrrrrfect! Guessing this means you finally got past the blasted dice puzzle and platinum'd it.

erttheking:

In this second thing, you were not alone my good sir. ;)

For the people not knowing what the hell is going on there: Kain, Prince of Persia, the dude from Braid and the guy from Zero's Escape (all games with time travel) trying to untangle all their plot threads/timelines out of the tangle caused by all the time travel.

Ultrajoe:
I have no idea what's going on

Pretty sure that was the emotion intended here. XD

DVS BSTrD:

do you do anything besides toss out puns? because if not, im glad we have someone around here for comic relief.

[sigh]

I know another Legacy of Kain will never be made, but now that I'm reminded of it... sad panda

Quazimofo:

DVS BSTrD:

do you do anything besides toss out puns? because if not, im glad we have someone around here for comic relief.

Thanks, it's nice to know my efforts are appreciated here.

With the game being Schrödinger's catnip and having a sequel in the making, I guess it'd be even more puzzling if the plot had untangled itself.

Kain, 'The Prince' and 2 others i donno, as well as a lack of any idea wtf is going on ......

That guy in the suit is the guy from Braid, Guys.
The joke is that the time mechanics of the game are a huge mess.

Exactly how I felt at the end of my first game. After figuring out several ways to save everyone everyone ends up dead...I guess its the radical 6 story...meh it was like wtf

When even Kain from Blood Omen and Soul Reaver can't figure this mess out, you really have something unsolvable on your hands.

Somewhere, just out of frame, Sgt. Cortez is busy deciding which person messing with the timey wimey ball needs to face judgment by exploding monkey first.

Evil Smurf:
man this was confusing!

Indeed! Also,nya! XD

A bunch of tubes with cats in it? Is this the internet?
Or are they sorting timelines, because they're all time-travellers?
I don't get it.

I don't know what the fuck is going on but Kain is there so I like it.

Context, for this sadly, i have none.

DVS BSTrD:

Quazimofo:

DVS BSTrD:

Thanks, it's nice to know my efforts are appreciated here.

(sorry for the double post) But yea i agree ^_^ im always on look out for your comments :P "just look for the best Gif avatar."

cricket chirps:
Context, for this sadly, i have none.

As far as I can tell, it's a bunch of time travelers being handed a ball of timey-wimey stuff and trying to sort it out.

With a handful of cats that are both dead and alive laying around.

Um... What? I have literally no idea what I just saw but I think it made me insane...

It puts, in my mind, the idea of 4 men who have to spend eternity just unravelling time and stamping out bugs... It'd make a great short story.

I literally finished Virtue's Last Reward this morning.
I concur with the sentiment of this strip in its entirety.

Also, thank you for timing comics with my life apparently.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here