Trailers: LEGO The Lord of the Rings - Launch Trailer

LEGO The Lord of the Rings - Launch Trailer

Hopefully you can make it through your journey without going to pieces.

Watch Video

Surfing Ents FTW
I can't wait :)

Ring looks friccing huge. It looks more like a Torque.

Unrealistic beginning, that Balrog wouldn't get Lego Gandalf off of the bridge. It was a proper lego bridge with the knobs on the top, he'd have had to pry him off with one of these:

But I do enjoy LEGO games' humour.

On one hand, Lego games are usually fun, and I love me some LoTR. On the other hand, seeing how the movie voices are used in the game, I'll never be able to take the movies themselves seriously after playing this.

Theminimanx:
I'll never be able to take the movies themselves seriously after playing this.

People took PJ's failures seriously? A side from them being seriously disappointing, obviously.

OT: Was that last scene supposed to be a reference to Hot Shots Part Deux?

Funny stuff, exactly what I'd expect from a Lego game.

But I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's just weird to see the dramatic, tear-inducing dialogue of the Lord of the Rings movies coming from a bunch of Lego minifigures while juxtaposed with all the comical humor.

I mean, for fuck's sake, Lurtz is shooting Boromir with a chicken probably because he ran out of arrows to shoot him with! This is hilarious material right here. Why would you want to here all the sad dialogue that would conclude that death sequence after seeing that? They're Lego people! Let them be just a bunch of Lego people with all the hilarious antics and charades style of speaking!

Also, you can tell they're reeeeally dipping into the stock voice bits when you hear Ian McKellen's mismatched grunt as Lego Gandalf does a fist pump. Another reason why this shouldn't have the dialogue from the movie.

I laughed, I'm not going to lie.
I hated the idea of the other Lego games being voiced, but keeping the original voices makes up for it.
The one thing that could make this better is if they kept the scene where Gandolf and Bilbo smoke and Gandolf blows a smoke sailing ship.

I want that part where the axe is pumped as a shotgun as grif! Do it now!!!

Also this game is going to fun and funny.

SHUT THE FUCK UP AND TAKE THIS BLANK CHEQUE WITH MY SIGNATURE!!

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here