Hexproof Videos: Sealed Deck Challenge: A Promising Start

Sealed Deck Challenge: A Promising Start

You voted. Josh played. Together you've taken The Escapist's Return to Ravnica League by storm.

Check out this video to learn the basics of the fan-favorite build and see how it's been performing in the League so far.

Music courtesy of OCRemix.org: Nova Siberia and Lord PROTEKTOR

Watch Video

If I only pulled a couple counters. :(

i was hoping to be able to see the whole matches, instead of just a recap :(.
but still, fun to see how this is turning out.

Josh your intense stare, it scares me.

Also, I agree some coverage of actual matches would be nice.

Hey, great! Yeah, there was a nuts Izzorius deck in there, so nice to see that working as intended.

I guess it could technically be Izzborius with as much equal representation.

Really hope to see more like this. However, I would like to actually see some more meat, not just over view.

I hope that there will be other series like this.

But the big question remains... did you have to deal with Pack Rats?

trippingpossum:
Really hope to see more like this. However, I would like to actually see some more meat, not just over view.

I hope that there will be other series like this.

Giving meat is kind of hard with a limited format though.

vxicepickxv:
Giving meat is kind of hard with a limited format though.

I know this website doesn't often go for "long format", but I really like let's plays or watching LRR play on youtube, I can put it on and work on something else. I learn a lot and possibly improve my game.

I don't know that it would work, but an over the shoulder shot of an interesting or representative round that's commentated would really flesh out my understanding of his tactics and build and share some of the fun of what he's build based on our feedback. However, I have no idea how popular this kind of thing would be so I don't know if the returns would be there.

Maybe some other presentation of what's on the table and what's in Josh's hand might be possible and more informative. I don't know, I just think I'd love more. :D & and a friend is always telling me at the gaming table "always leave them wanting more"

Kapol:

I don't think anyone pulled one, but if I had I'd have totally played the 1 Pack Rats 39 Swamps deck.

Slycne:

Kapol:

I don't think anyone pulled one, but if I had I'd have totally played the 1 Pack Rats 39 Swamps deck.

When I was at prerelease...almost everyone including me looked at the card and went "Hmm.. a rat that creates rat token's...seems too difficult to use as it'll just be bolted immediately". None of us seemed to click that it was creating a "copy", meaning it was almost impossible to stop.

Slycne:

Well obviously. :P Pack Rats in limited is just absurd more often then not. Then again, he does have the right removal for it.

Slycne:

Kapol:

I actually outraced a turn 2 Rack Rats in a sealed game a week ago.

on the play, I did turn 1 Rakdos Cackler unleashed, turn 2 Pursuit of Flight on it, attack for 4.

He responded to my attack with his turn 2 Pack Rats, and from there I was basically swinging in the air for 4 every turn, while he made another rat. He ended up dying to my flier the turn before he would have swung for the win.

If only Lost in the Woods and Pack Rat could be in the same limited pool. Both decks win on the play if they can draw their card (Pack Rats will deal exactly lethal damage on Turn 5), so it's a coin flip to win.

Although strangely enough there are some weird interaction about who mulliganed more since once Lost in the Woods it's purely a question of who's library gets drawn to zero first.

Could we actually have a proper decklist as opposed to just notable rares?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here