Movie Trailers: Oz The Great and Powerful - Full Trailer

Oz The Great and Powerful - Full Trailer

When someone asks you if you're a powerful wizard, you say yes!

Watch Video

You know what? Sam Raimi or no, I am not going to watch this. The last time that Disney put a director I like in front of a weird book I love and made a movie out of it, I got a breakdancing Mad Hatter, and a totally out of place epic fantasy.

I see the same thing happening here. A "re-imagining" of a classic, where re-imagine means shit all over the source material in favor of aping Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.

The thing that I'm most interested to see is how nicely this movie will play with the original book, the chief question being, will the Wizard defeat the Witch at all? And if he does will it be in such a way that it feels like the Wizard of Oz is a natural progression from those events?

Soviet Heavy:
You know what? Sam Raimi or no, I am not going to watch this. The last time that Disney put a director I like in front of a weird book I love and made a movie out of it, I got a breakdancing Mad Hatter, and a totally out of place epic fantasy.

I see the same thing happening here. A "re-imagining" of a classic, where re-imagine means shit all over the source material in favor of aping Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.

If i didn't know that it was directed by Sam Raimi, i would have thought this was directed by Tim Burton. That trailer looked exactly like his Wonderland movie. I guess you're right, it's not the director that decides the visual language for these films, it's the producer.

CGI The Movie

OT - This looks meh. I didn't care to much for the original, so a prequel isn't really something I care to follow too closely.

A Wizard of Oz prequel? I know I should be disappointed, but Hollywood has been so creatively bankrupt for so long, this kind of thing actually seems better than normal.

Was this trailer ripped off of a YouTube channel? Because there was a subscribe button at the end...

This movie looks awesome. And by awesome I mean entertaining if not actually good.

Plus I am an actor so as long Hollywood keeps churning out movies with large casts of characters I will keep getting paychecks

Bruce Campbell is in this movie. He plays a dark wizard named Gore.

So yeah, I'm going to see this no matter what.

Looks like my kind of film. Adventure, fantasy, magic.... I'll definitely see this.

This doesn't look like Burton's Alice in Wonderland, this IS that movie. There's a prophecy, the actual story development, the trippy visuals, the monstrous villain, the big army battles...

You get lots of money for a great book, you got a good cast and you piss on it, Hollywood, so predictable. Did you see what was done with this book before!? A musical! Now that's taking a story and putting some thought into your interpretation.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here