Trailers: Grand Theft Auto V - Trailer

Grand Theft Auto V - Trailer

See what havoc you can create in the latest installment of the Grand Theft Auto franchise.

Watch Video

What is the point of driving a jeep out of a plane just to immediately bail out with a parachute?!?!?!?!

"That's Franklin the son I've always wanted"
"Jesus, your therapist has a lot to answer for"

That just got me interested in the game.

Looks like good old, top notch Grand Theft Auto writing, hilarious physics and over the top action.

Typical GTA game, but that's more than enough for me! I'm sold!

That rottweiler better not be locked in DLC.

ALL THE WANT!

I dig the hear/see/speak no evil shot at the end.

I'm hoping they Wayne's World the ending. One character gets a super sad ending, one gets the super happy ending, and the other gets the Scooby Doo ending. That way they can make everybody happy.

So there really is a dog. I know people have been wanting to see that for a while now. Not sure why. At least they're getting what they want.

Also, I'm assuming that the Stevie Wonder track indicates we're getting Master Sounds back. NOW I have to buy it. I've wasted hours of my life driving around San Andreas listening to Master Sounds...
or is it just a dig at Saints Row

The old guy, the former kid from the hood, and the crazy redneck...

Those are going to be some fun nights drinking...

Welp. I'll head down and pre-order tomorrow..

Do want.
<3<3<3

I've always loved grand theft auto, IV is probably my favourite game of all time. So looking so much forward to this one, so, so much!

Fappy:
What is the point of driving a jeep out of a plane just to immediately bail out with a parachute?!?!?!?!

Style points baby! Style points!
It looks like it's getting back to being fun instead of trying to be a hardcore life simulator where you have to keep your friends happy but going to the pub with them... /shudder.
I heartily approve of the Stevie soundtrack for the trailer.

I don't know if it is deliberate, but the intro made me feel like it was something out of reality tv, I mean you have a rich middle age white guy who is now settle in a big mansion after hitting it big in the past and now we get to enjoy seeing his crappy family life.

Mind you it got better after that, although it mostly feel like it higlight stuff I could find in San Andreas.

Looks interesting storywise - it's GTA so I wouldn't worry about the rest.

Fappy:

As the other guy said, style. Or in my opinion...never expect you would be doing that far nothing.

The plane might be falling out of the sky...
The car might be full of explosives which falls into the middle of a military base...
Some other things that will cause massive shit.

For my opinion the story looks really great and the game play looks better then GTAIV.
To me it looks like they are going back to the SA roots. :D

Fappy:

Um, it's fun, that's why.

Seriously, when did we start asking why we do stunts in a consequence free environment that allows us to be as dumb as we want without getting any real punishment?

Stunts are probably a blast to do in real life, but there's always a massive chance you could get burned, broken, sliced, diced, arrested (if it's illegal), smashed, crushed, based, eaten, and various other things. In a virtual reality setting, you're using a digital avatar that only takes 5 hours and 200 dollars to heal up after falling off the empire state building, and you don't even have to actually wait 5 hours. It's like being given an official jackass license.

You don't see people questioning why a guy is stabbing himself and setting himself on fire in 5 minutes to kill yourself, do you?

SHMOWZOW! Damn, this game is looking amazing. I love the new gameplay mechanics for one. I adored the whole "Trinity" thing in IV so having these three to play around with sounds cool. Graphics look impressive as well.

Got it on pre-order already. Looking forwrd to Spring for one more reason now.

If I convince myself this isn't a GTA game, it could be good.

Fuck I miss 3.

After "GTA: Friend Simulation" I was dubious but...

Wow...
I mean wow...

(Put's coat on, off to pre-order!)

Heh, I'm usually pretty dubious about trailers, but jeeze, all the variety! Actually can't wait to maybe give it a tr--

Platform(s): PS3, Xbox 360

...oh...

Why does the trailer look like a teen movie with violence?

GonzoGamer:
I dig the hear/see/speak no evil shot at the end.

I'm hoping they Wayne's World the ending. One character gets a super sad ending, one gets the super happy ending, and the other gets the Scooby Doo ending. That way they can make everybody happy.

I'm hoping they go all Reservoir Dogs on the ending between the three characters.

Evil Smurf:
Why does the trailer look like a teen movie with violence?

What kind of teen movies are you watching, and where can I find them?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here