Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Pages 1 2 NEXT

"Surprise, It DOESN'T suck!"
There's a reviewer in all of us.

Sometimes it's the little things in life...

That right there kind of made me want to play it; and only the single player. But still, that's the most I've wanted to play a CoD since I got Modern Warfare all those years ago (wow it has been that long. >.>).

I've understood that this is actually a pretty decent game, but everyone has their own small weaknessess :D

But how is the level design? Is that ATAT driving down a narrow trench where everyone is funneled into your field of fire to you never miss?

At first I thought Cory was just making stuff up, but this is actually real. Now I need to wait and see if Black Ops 2 is any good in any other way. Needless to say, if they add plasma cutters or laser rifles, I'll probably get it.

Funny I thought that every character you played in the COD games, barring MW2, had some relation to Han Solo except without the hairstyle and more of a beard.

Also it can't be just me but doesn't the guy's face in the last panel resemble

a lot but at a different angle. Cause that's the first thing it reminded me of.

CODBLOPSII is very much like a period.

I hate them.

I like how Corey had to make the Black Ops rep look as douche-y as possible XD

Now there's an analogy for you.

Guffe:
I've understood that this is actually a pretty decent game, but everyone has their own small weaknessess :D

Well really, if you made the same game every year you would eventually iron out all the kinks too.

There's no doubt that the people who make the modern warfare games have got shooting brown foreigners (or Russians) down to a science.

It actually a pretty good game, as far as the campiagn is to go.

Also, im gonna start calling the CLAW drones "AT-Mi-Ni".

meh, i'd believe it just another example of cod stealing from 10-12 year old games again

it annoys me on some level that they cannot conceive of a single original idea
and further annoys me that all the 12 year old 'pro e-sports' players that apparently
exist think they'll get somewhere playing and raging over cod 24/7 because
Activision marketing
all i can say is

poop polishing, mythbusters approved.

continue polishing your poop,
eventually it will shine even if it is made of pure poison

Soviet Heavy:
But how is the level design? Is that ATAT driving down a narrow trench where everyone is funneled into your field of fire to you never miss?

Well, the one time you are FORCED to shoot - yeah, you can miss those four guys. Following in the same level is a small turret section with another one of those CLAWs (that's what they are called) and stand on a roof, shoot tons of guys. And maybe get blown up in the process. Yes, dying is NOT causing you to fail at that point.
Also, the flamethrower in THAT level is something you have to FIND. Yes, you actually have to LOOK for it. And it's VERY easy to miss because you have to do so in the very first minute during a firefight. Missed it? No Flamethrower for you, just minigun and grenades. Still more than enough to kill everything in sight.

And then there are, of course, the Strike Force Missions, where you can ALSO control those CLAWs... and those are more or less the Multiplayer Maps with one exception. No rails there, either.

Fappy:

Yeah, I could almost smell the AXE hair gel and his company shirt looks painted on. I take it that's the visual summation of the COD franchise's target demo.

Yeah when I saw one of those things I almost got hyped for it, almost.

Bindal:

Soviet Heavy:

Well, the one time you are FORCED to shoot - yeah, you can miss those four guys. Following in the same level is a small turret section with another one of those CLAWs (that's what they are called) and stand on a roof, shoot tons of guys. And maybe get blown up in the process. Yes, dying is NOT causing you to fail at that point.
Also, the flamethrower in THAT level is something you have to FIND. Yes, you actually have to LOOK for it. And it's VERY easy to miss because you have to do so in the very first minute during a firefight. Missed it? No Flamethrower for you, just minigun and grenades. Still more than enough to kill everything in sight.

And then there are, of course, the Strike Force Missions, where you can ALSO control those CLAWs... and those are more or less the Multiplayer Maps with one exception. No rails there, either.

Man don't even bother trying to defend COD. The game could look better than Crysis 2, have better atmosphere than Amnesia, better story telling than Mass Effect, and controls tighter than a nun's asshole and people will still claim that it sucks more dicks than there are in existence.

It looks closer to an AT-PT.

The Lugz:
meh, i'd believe it just another example of cod stealing from 10-12 year old games again

it annoys me on some level that they cannot conceive of a single original idea
and further annoys me that all the 12 year old 'pro e-sports' players that apparently
exist think they'll get somewhere playing and raging over cod 24/7 because
Activision marketing
all i can say is

continue polishing your poop,
eventually it will shine even if it is made of pure poison

I found the game pretty fun :/

Erin, it's so hard not to love you.

I am really suprised actually that BLOPS2 doesn't suck, and I have hated every Call of Duty previously, this new one though is surprisingly good with its almost cyperpunk aspects.

This is why Treyarch > Whatever their names. Treyarch has fun and tries to goof around with the game.

Soviet Heavy:

Nope, fairly open environments whenever you control one of those things. Same when you fight em.

crimson sickle2:
At first I thought Cory was just making stuff up, but this is actually real. Now I need to wait and see if Black Ops 2 is any good in any other way. Needless to say, if they add plasma cutters or laser rifles, I'll probably get it.

None of those, how about an X-ray scoped anti-material rifle? Does a pretty similar job tbh.

Fappy:

You say that as though a Black Ops rep ordinarly wouldn't look as douche-y as possible. :P

Setting it future-ish is the only way they could make COD interesting to me.
Still not future-ish enough though.
Call me when COD basically becomes Halo, and ditches the whole "Realistic Shooter" thing.

Its just too bad that the piss poor hit detection and massive lag/lag compensation is still there to ruin everybodies fun.

Come on Treyarch, this is shooter essentials 101.

So how is the multiplayer, anyone who's played it? Is it like BO1, lots of long range, fairly slow maps, or MW3 where everybody is just running around batshit crazy with smgs and not being able to walk two steps without exploding?

F'Angus:
So how is the multiplayer, anyone who's played it? Is it like BO1, lots of long range, fairly slow maps, or MW3 where everybody is just running around batshit crazy with smgs and not being able to walk two steps without exploding?

It's the latter, minus the explosions. Submachine guns dominate as it is all mostly close quarters. That and campers. Well, I am pretty bad at Blops II multiplayer, so I might not be the most reliable source of info >.>

Anyway, yes, there were several moments in this game where I thought "Holy crap this is awesome".

ZehMadScientist:

F'Angus:

It's the latter, minus the explosions. Submachine guns dominate as it is all mostly close quarters. That and campers. Well, I am pretty bad at Blops II multiplayer, so I might not be the most reliable source of info >.>

Anyway, yes, there were several moments in this game where I thought "Holy crap this is awesome".

Cheers. :)

I don't mind the close quarters, I'm pretty good with an SMG. Good about the explosions, bad about the campers.

damn nature Erin's periods, you scary!

ZehMadScientist:

F'Angus:

I've honestly come to the conclusion that games can't figure out what the hell to do with SMG's. I have yet to see a multiplayer game with them where they weren't horrendously overpowered, so much so that in CQB they outclassed everythin up to and includin shotguns and had good enough accuracy to hit from long distance as well, or hilariously underpowered to the point you could unload an entire clip into someone 10 feet away and miss with half of it while the other half landed directly in their face and they didnt die (mild exaggeration).

Edit

Generally I never buy CoD games until theres a hefty price drop because I only really play single player, but this one seems to get be gettin good enough reviews (from players and actual reviewers) that I'm tempted to drop 60 bucks on it Also who can resist a AT-AT shootin flames and whatnot. This worries me.

LokiSeto:
It looks closer to an AT-PT.

There it is

Azeal:
That right there kind of made me want to play it; and only the single player. But still, that's the most I've wanted to play a CoD since I got Modern Warfare all those years ago (wow it has been that long. >.>).

I'd almost say the single player is worth the 60 dollar price tag.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here