Call of Duty: Black Ops II

Pages PREV 1 2

Siris:

LokiSeto:
It looks closer to an AT-PT.

There it is

Well with all the COD arguments, some Star Wars nerd had to comment.

When they come out with a new graphics engine for the game, I'd consider the possibility of me buying a copy.

I do think it is funny that MW4 is still a "rumor" tho XD

No matter if it's battlefield, medal of honor or call of duty
I play them all whilst listening to looking out my back door by creedence

Eh, a diamond in your gruel does not make the gruel taste any better.

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Bindal:

Soviet Heavy:
But how is the level design? Is that ATAT driving down a narrow trench where everyone is funneled into your field of fire to you never miss?

Well, the one time you are FORCED to shoot - yeah, you can miss those four guys. Following in the same level is a small turret section with another one of those CLAWs (that's what they are called) and stand on a roof, shoot tons of guys. And maybe get blown up in the process. Yes, dying is NOT causing you to fail at that point.
Also, the flamethrower in THAT level is something you have to FIND. Yes, you actually have to LOOK for it. And it's VERY easy to miss because you have to do so in the very first minute during a firefight. Missed it? No Flamethrower for you, just minigun and grenades. Still more than enough to kill everything in sight.

And then there are, of course, the Strike Force Missions, where you can ALSO control those CLAWs... and those are more or less the Multiplayer Maps with one exception. No rails there, either.

Man don't even bother trying to defend COD. The game could look better than Crysis 2, have better atmosphere than Amnesia, better story telling than Mass Effect, and controls tighter than a nun's asshole and people will still claim that it sucks more dicks than there are in existence.

That good sir, is a very well worded analogy. -Slow clap-

So true, i fell for the "future" stuff too.
And well...aside from some serious freezes and glitches, i'm having fun with this one.
Last one that was fun was ....CoD4 i guess.

So how long before Mickey Mouse comes into their office to hand them a court notice?

Al-Bundy-da-G:

Man don't even bother trying to defend COD. The game could look better than Crysis 2, have better atmosphere than Amnesia, better story telling than Mass Effect, and controls tighter than a nun's asshole and people will still claim that it sucks more dicks than there are in existence.

I've never played but at our office 5 guys are playing it and all 5 bitch the entire time.

Just not something I get, ranting about how terrible the entire experience is, but then playing it religiously.

Weird stuff. But whatever keeps them busy I guess is good with me.

I don't normally read this comic strip, but this one was pretty funny. I do enjoy driving the CLAWs, but that flamethrower challenge was harder than I thought it would be.

F'Angus:
So how is the multiplayer, anyone who's played it? Is it like BO1, lots of long range, fairly slow maps, or MW3 where everybody is just running around batshit crazy with smgs and not being able to walk two steps without exploding?

It's really fun, more variety and better balanced that the CoD of yesteryear... And it'll stay that way 'til everyone realises SMR with the fire select and quick draw is deadly accurate, rapid fire and kill people in 3 hits... But, yes, it's really good but then again I've liked CoD multiplayer since MW 1 and, well, I'm kind of a big fan of both the SP and MP...

What's with all the CoD hate on this thread? I thought there was a general consensus among folks that it was the best one in a while...

OT: Gotta love Erin...

Lt._nefarious:

F'Angus:
So how is the multiplayer, anyone who's played it? Is it like BO1, lots of long range, fairly slow maps, or MW3 where everybody is just running around batshit crazy with smgs and not being able to walk two steps without exploding?

It's really fun, more variety and better balanced that the CoD of yesteryear... And it'll stay that way 'til everyone realises SMR with the fire select and quick draw is deadly accurate, rapid fire and kill people in 3 hits... But, yes, it's really good but then again I've liked CoD multiplayer since MW 1 and, well, I'm kind of a big fan of both the SP and MP...

What's with all the CoD hate on this thread? I thought there was a general consensus among folks that it was the best one in a while...

OT: Gotta love Erin...

Cheers, look forward to playing. I usually use the single shot rifles on the other CoD games anyway, so good to hear the SMR kicks ass, fire select sounds badass.

shintakie10:
I've honestly come to the conclusion that games can't figure out what the hell to do with SMG's. I have yet to see a multiplayer game with them where they weren't horrendously overpowered, so much so that in CQB they outclassed everythin up to and includin shotguns and had good enough accuracy to hit from long distance as well, or hilariously underpowered to the point you could unload an entire clip into someone 10 feet away and miss with half of it while the other half landed directly in their face and they didnt die (mild exaggeration).

Because an SMG only has a real advantage in close quarters if the gun has a physical model and longer guns have to be lowered to walk through doors. Otherwise they are just shorter assault rifles. As an aside shotguns suck for killing people in body armour.

OOh... LPS (Like Period Shooters) is an even better name for them then yahtzees SGWW or the less foul MMS (modern military shooters).

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here