Escape to the Movies: Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part Two

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part Two

MovieBob really enjoyed the final Twilight movie. A lot. (Warning: Spoilers abound.)

Watch Video

Fucking Twilight, thank God it's over.

So Breaking Dawn 2 can be summed up as "so bad it's awesome"?? Hmmmm. While I am keen to see *something* at the movies over the weekend (Skyfall doesn't hit screens here for another week), I don't think I'm that keen.

I legitimately laughed my ass off at this review. I might end up going with the girl friend after all.

Well, I was gonna go see Cloud Atlas, but now I really want to see just how awesomely bad this movie is.

Wow, a movie so bad it actually does collapse in on itself and creates something unexpectedly hilarious.

Well I can't wait to see what Rifftrax does with it if Bob says it's so bad it's good.

At first I thought you were trolling with saying it was good. Now I see it's "It's so bad, it's good" which I'm cool with. Too bad they ain't seeing my money.

I do love "so bad it's good" movies, but I think I'll wait on this one until I can see it without supporting it.

Call this movie Queen, because the Twilight series finally...

*puts on sunglasses*

...bites the dust.

Daaaah Whoosh:
Well, I was gonna go see Cloud Atlas, but now I really want to see just how awesomely bad this movie is.

See Cloud Atlas now, you won't regret it.

Support a genuinely good movie, save this one for a night of drinking with friends and watching movies that are so bad they're good. You know that sounds more fun :P

After this review I just texted my girlfriend saying we're going to see this tonight. She's an unapologetic fan of the series so she's incredibly happy and I'm going to get laid tonight. Thanks Bob!

...Ladies and gentelemen, I think we've finally found the movie equivalent to Sonic 06.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have found the black hole of movies. Its star burned brightly and swiftly; then it collapsed under it's own weight and took everyone involved with it.

If this is right, the rifftrax for this movie is going to epic.

I cannot wait.

Also, I could watch that clip of Kristen Stewart tackling that puma for eternity. It's just...gloriously stupid.

KeyMaster45:
Ladies and gentlemen, we have found the black hole of movies. Its star burned brightly and swiftly; then it collapsed under it's own weight and took everyone involved with it.

The thing is all those wailing screams will happen before the reveal its a dream so it has to be worth it for that alone

Daaaah Whoosh:

See Cloud Atlas. The movie is amazing.

Bobaramer:
I legitimately laughed my ass off at this review. I might end up going with the girl friend after all.

Same. I am half tempted to do just that. But then.. Skyfall, Looper if it is still playing, Wreck It Ralph, Lincoln.. just a better cadre of movies I'd rather see.

I saw the first Twilight when I lost a bet drunk and had to sit through it, that was enough for me.

PureIrony:
If this is right, the rifftrax for this movie is going to epic.

I cannot wait.

Also, I could watch that clip of Kristen Stewart tackling that puma for eternity. It's just...gloriously stupid.

Well, then lucky for you somebody has made a gif out of it.

OT: Funny review, though I've not seen any of the previous films so I can't muster up the care to watch this one, no matter how "bad it's good" it is.

Nope. Still not gonna see it. It looks like shit. A dumb, fun and crappy movie is fun to watch cos its that way all the way through. Im not gonna watch a movie for the lame battle that was pretend just cos thats the only fun part of it. As soon as you said vamps with special powers i thought that sound shit.

I expected going into this review that Moviebob would tear the whole series a new one. (Just like with previous reviews) But when he described the vampire war it actually sounded awesome. Claiming it was almost as good as the 3rd act of The Avengers. I actually want to see it right now.

They almost gave Stephanie Meyer and her crappy books a big middle finger, that alone is reason enough to watch it.

And that scene with Bella and the Puma is just hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing.

That ending sounds like something from a bad Vampire: The Masquerade LARP...except for all the fighting, which sounds like it was from the best VTM LARP ever.

Oh yeah, I'm definitley going to have to see this with my Girlfriend. She loves them as parodies anyway (disliking the 3rd for all the angst just ruining the fun) so this sounds like a blast.

First thought when seeing this week's Escape to the Movies topic: Breaking Dawn Part Two? Oh, no, Bob: you didn't!

First thought upon seeing the video description stating that Bob enjoyed the movie: Oh, no, Bob: you didn't!

First thought upon hearing the short version of the review telling us to go see it for ourselves: Bob, if you honestly just recommended that I go see a Twilight movie, I'm going to have to redefine the parameters of our relationship.

First thought upon realizing Bob had laughed when he said we should see it for ourselves: Are you being facetious, Bob? Please tell me you're being facetious, Bob.

First thought upon coming to the conclusion that Bob was calling it one of those "so bad it's good," movies: Thank God, Bob. You really had me worried for a second.

First thought upon finishing this week's Escape to the Movies: Well... I kind of want to see this, now. Not in the theatre, obviously, but maybe later on.

Second thought upon finishing this week's Escape to the Movies: Don't talk to me until Tuesday, Bob: I'm extremely upset with you right now. Thinking you of all people liked a Twilight movie is the closest I ever want to be to having an aneurysm.

In all seriousness, though, during the middle, when he was describing the fight with that unequaled, child-like, (and almost churlish), glee, I was laughing my ass off. I enjoyed the video, Bob. Just don't ever scare me like that again.

I can't help it, any time someone says "deus ex Machina" I can't help but imagine JC Denton coming onto the scene and just kicking the required amount ass to make everything OK

Hehe, I had the same reaction to the ending of BD that moviebob had. "Big epic vampire battle? Finally, something good..... Wait, where did Mr. Deus ex machina come from? That's the ending? SCREW YOU TWILIGHT AND SMEYER!!!"

Anyway, that ending seems like even more of a big middle finger than the book. "you want a big vampire battle? Here you go..... Nevermind!!! Haha gotcha!!"

That review was massively unexpected.

So the filler pull out an filler into it (that action scene) but at the same time also put in the most offensive thing you can do in story telling (it's all a dream).

One way or another, any hardcore Twlight fans will probably rage at this review (if anyone cares that is).

SonOfMethuselah:
First thought when seeing this week's Escape to the Movies topic: Breaking Dawn Part Two? Oh, no, Bob: you didn't!

First thought upon seeing the video description stating that Bob enjoyed the movie: Oh, no, Bob: you didn't!

First thought upon hearing the short version of the review telling us to go see it for ourselves: Bob, if you honestly just recommended that I go see a Twilight movie, I'm going to have to redefine the parameters of our relationship.

First thought upon realizing Bob had laughed when he said we should see it for ourselves: Are you being facetious, Bob? Please tell me you're being facetious, Bob.

First thought upon coming to the conclusion that Bob was calling it one of those "so bad it's good," movies: Thank God, Bob. You really had me worried for a second.

First thought upon finishing this week's Escape to the Movies: Well... I kind of want to see this, now. Not in the theatre, obviously, but maybe later on.

Second thought upon finishing this week's Escape to the Movies: Don't talk to me until Tuesday, Bob: I'm extremely upset with you right now. Thinking you of all people liked a Twilight movie is the closest I ever want to be to having an aneurysm.

In all seriousness, though, during the middle, when he was describing the fight with that unequaled, child-like, (and almost churlish), glee, I was laughing my ass off. I enjoyed the video, Bob. Just don't ever scare me like that again.

this was more or less my thought process as well, save the bit about him laughing at the beginning, my thought there was 'it's THAT BAD?! holy ...'

I may have to see it on TV just to see that final fight scene. But the book's ending sounds a lot like how Monty Python and the Holy Grail ended, but not in a funny (ha ha thought we where going to have an epic fight didn't you) way. It might be the worst ending in history.

Gearhead mk2:
...Ladies and gentelemen, I think we've finally found the movie equivalent to Sonic 06.

Inorganic romance, long streches of nothing, horrible acting, and ending that negates itself before something interesting might happen, sounds like Sonic '06 to me, now all we need is the DVD of it to have performance issues.

You guys know whats the best part about Dave Twilight is?

He's dead Its done...

I have to say though, Im not surprised. If Bob says a Twilight movie is good, than it has to be so God Awful that its hilarious to watch.

Lunar Templar:
this was more or less my thought process as well, save the bit about him laughing at the beginning, my thought there was 'it's THAT BAD?! holy ...'

That probably would have been my first thought as well, but I just came back from a midterm, so I'm only firing on one or two cylinders right now. If I was running at full capacity, I don't think I would have ever even entertained the notion that Bob liked a Twilight movie, unless he made a half-an-hour long video explaining exactly why. (I honestly believe it would take that long).

linkmastr001:

save this one for a night of drinking with friends and watching movies that are so bad they're good. You know that sounds more fun :P

I think this will probably be what I'll end up doing.

Not going to lie, I was entering this review expecting one of two thing: Bob taking his last opportunity to tear the Twilight franchise another new one, or a disinterested "I'm so sick of this crap" review like he did for Transformers 3.

I was NOT expecting this. I... I kinda want to watch this now. I'm officially curious. I've only seen New Moon, but it's not like I care about the story of the Twilight franchise anyways.

I need to mull this over for a bit, and see what other Escapists who've seen this movie think.

Wait wait.... Bob declaring a twilight movie fun... in 2012... dear god the mayans were right! its all over folks!

Seriously though while I'm not going the cinema to see this having never seen a twilight aside from the first on TV out of morbid curiousity I really want to see that fight scene so will probably end up renting it or something with some mates just so we can all laugh at it

I really feel bad for Bob. I legitimately tried to watch the first Twilight movie. By the first 5 minutes I was ready to put pencils in my ears. The dialog is just so painful to listen to. It's like when Jim Carey does that "most annoying sound in the world" joke. Later on I tried to watch the Rifftrax parody of it. Even they couldn't make it bearable. When you say this is good because it's so bad I'll just have to take your word for it because right now this instant if you gave me the choice of watching a twilight film or you jabbing a fork in my hand I'd take the fork. I'm not kidding, not exaggerating. Twilight for me is not boring or poor. It's painful to watch. I could not do it under almost any circumstance.

Actually speaking of stewart. I tried to watch "Snow White and the huntsman" this week because I was told the action was good but the story boring. Understatement HUGE understatement. The entire movie is just stewart and friends muddling around doing nothing interesting for an hour or so then they fight Theron. I skipped around but still couldn't bring myself to finish it. Stewart is the more dull uninteresting person I've ever had to watch on screen.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here