Escapist News Wrap: Real-Life Superhero Duels and the Dangers of Drug Use

Real-Life Superhero Duels and the Dangers of Drug Use

This week, we hear about the world's oldest d20 and Disney has tapped the writer of Toy Story 3 to pen the next Star Wars. Also, a hacker is given a sentence to limit computer use for the next 6 years and a real-life superhero knocks out a racist.

Watch Video

The world needs more real life super heroes like that!

Why does Greg have a co-host? he was doing great. yes I know that Greg making playful banter about a given story to the camera wasn't that great, but he was doing well reporting. realistically Alena feels shoehorned in.

OT: real life superhero in Washington. cool. just hope more people don't start walking around the streets of Seattle in spandex (that won't be pretty)

I love the addition of a cohost to News Wrap. I think Alena adds a new energy to the show. Looking forward to seeing her in more episodes.

gardian06:
Why does Greg have a co-host? he was doing great. yes I know that Greg making playful banter about a given story to the camera wasn't that great, but he was doing well reporting. realistically Alena feels shoehorned in.

I agree she didn't really help anything. I honestly miss the original dude with the beard but whatever. The co-host seems a little useless I don't understand what she is there to do?

zacharyk88:

gardian06:

I agree she didn't really help anything. I honestly miss the original dude with the beard but whatever. The co-host seems a little useless I don't understand what she is there to do?

I think your referring to Steve Butts he was the head Editor, and then stepped down, and left the Escapist (for reasons that I am not sure of myself, but might have been purely personal)

I think that the point of including a co-host is to facilitate a back and forth banter style approach that make the delivery seem more fun, and to potentially doop (not saying that is being done here) the viewer it to perceiving that what they are viewing is possibly more interesting then it is. the only thing that I can say in their defence is that they didn't just go and find the "prettiest airhead" they could (read Olivia Munn) and just use her as a pear of tits that you might listen to. (again I am not saying that, that is what has happened here, but) she still feels like the over arching thought of "lets make it more interesting with a co-host"

The addition of a co-host in greenscreen one shot enviroment made me look at the person that is not talking and how akward he or her face would be when inactive - it's either starring blindly at the camera and waiting for his/her turn or look at the talking co-host which look better, but still it was poiting out how low budged it is - this worked much better when LoadingReadyRun people were doing it with them sitting a bit more far from each other and having close ups on the stories.
I do like this videos cause they point me to interesting articles on the side that I might have missed, but so far I prefer the old version of simple talking to yourself as if it was a vlog with professional green screen and video segments.

I suggest if you are going to keep using 2 hosts you should probably move the camera back. the 2 hosts seemed too crowded.

I can just imagine how that went down after a billion years... "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
"Kitnus Ogeray-5! You're the 7th generation and 245 Earth-years old! Grow-up!"
--Arrives--
"Ahahahah! 21:12 2012! HERE WE COME!!!"

We received many comments suggesting that we try a second host. So...we did! We're still figuring out the best way to film them, though.

I gotta be honest, what is this show?

Just editors reading the headlines of articles that have been on the escapist for weeks?

Sorry, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Nautical Honors Society:
I gotta be honest, what is this show?

Just editors reading the headlines of articles that have been on the escapist for weeks?

Sorry, it just doesn't make sense to me.

Same, the visual representation doesn't add much in my opinion, and given the speed of the net, it's hardly even news anymore. If it was more of an opinion piece or an elaboration on a certain story backed up with research or it was designed with humor in mind, it would be something different.
But if they ever went that route, they'd quickly be overshadowed by other video contributors on this site, so really I don't see the appeal in this show either way.

i dunno
i think with more hosts, you should commit more time to whatever your doing, maybe make the news long with discussion. have a few hosts kind of a today show kind of thing, but about nerdy stuff And news.

So it slowly turns into ENN?
Interesting...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or