Murder in Dragonborn Manor

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

So since Erin is a sometimes-author-insert, and the undercomic post seems to imply that Moll is at least somewhat based on Grey's girlfriend, does that mean that Erin and Moll are schtupping?

well it worked because he was on a console....

That Erin Stout is going to make one.....

image.

Killer Parent.

YEEEAAAoooooowwwwww..............

Stockpile Thomas!? You monster! He's not only the most useful NPC in the game, he's also a pretty nice guy...

My brother did this to me once. Apparently I annoyed him to such a degree that he felt justified in deleting ALL my saves of games I'd been playing on his xbox. I don't think I've ever been so simultaneously angry and gutted. Thankfully for him I'm not vindictive, so I didn't retaliate in kind.

The art is superb in this- usually Argonians aren't drawn all that well but you've captured them quite nicely. The facial expressions are all the more amazing and send an impact on the audience. As for the plot .. holy crap that's disturbing. Funny in a comic- but a parent doing that in real life is utterly cruel if not unjustified punishment.

Also would scare me to realize my parents actually knew what would get to me the most. Not only that, but knowing how to play and save a game just to set the point across of not crossing them. Utterly creepy and so so wrong lol.

What's the difference in age between you and your girlfriend if she has a 17 year old son?

one of the best yet.

I find it much worse that Erin was actually hiding, and waiting, behind the sofa.
Waiting.
Waiting...

Another thing to add to the list of parenting ideas, thanks for that!

Hollyday:
My brother did this to me once. Apparently I annoyed him to such a degree that he felt justified in deleting ALL my saves of games I'd been playing on his xbox. I don't think I've ever been so simultaneously angry and gutted. Thankfully for him I'm not vindictive, so I didn't retaliate in kind.

You must have some idea as to why?

I did it to my younger brother once, after several times of telling him not to throw my controller around when he loses at games etc, so I got rid of everything of his off my PS2 memory card, he never did it again after that. He didn't own any of the games or anything, so I didn't ruin things he paid money for. Just his time, after he cost me a new controller.

I think I'll go hide my Pokémon cartridges now. Just in case my parents see my latest detention slip and decide to take my typhlosion to a farm upstate...

That is a great way to punish your kids.

I know this would work for me. XD

owww, man...This reminds me of my brother's Morrowind files. It was like a year or so after we were done playing the game, and we'd all moved on to other stuff. So, one day, I was trying to make room on the pc (for the Sims, actually) and I was just going "Well, we don't really play that anymore do we?" So I just deleted the whole game WITH the savefiles.

I've never seen him so mad as when he lost his level 76 Orc...

My God... thats brutal...

I Like...

Savegame sabotage? Man, that's a whole new kind of evil.

It reminds me of a piece of parenting advice that someone said once.
They said - "Buy your child the most addictive video game there is. Then when they misbehave, you can take it away!"

This whole comic could literally just have been that image of the Argonian's shocked face, and I would still be rather pleased. I fucking love Argonians. Though I always kind of preferred to imagine them as not being capable of a wide range of expressions. When I wrote something involving an Argonian, I had him barely able to go beyond anger because of his primitive dinosaur face, and so relied on body language to get the rest across.

This hits home considering I married Ysolda D:

I also plan to do to this to any children I may have, since it's genius.

My first thought: LOL!

My following thoughts, in no particular order: "That's awesome!" "I may have to try that." "That was f*cking mean." "Gods I love it!"

EDIT: for spehlink.

Oh but why stop there? Why not make a quest that tells them to improve their grades? One that will kill their character every time.

If your girlfriends son is 17, why do you even need to be authoritarian anyway. He's basically an adult. If his grades are down, that his flipping problem and he's old enough to realise that.

But I can't think of a course of action more likely to brew indiscipline and resentment than treating a mature kid as though they need to be disciplined.

It's pretty much the equivilant of putting a horse's head in somebody's bed for gamers.

The fallout from something like this would be horribly, horribly nasty in my family. Thankfully, none of us hate each other.

That... seems... horrid. 0.o

You're a very smart, and very very very very bad man.

That said, grades are more important. But please, don't be too mean.

Killing Stockpile Thomas? Yeesh. That seems pretty harsh.

I mean, we all know Erin doesn't have a heart of gold or anything, but you can't just take that from them!

Well that is the absolute cruelest thing I can think of to do to a gamer...

and that's why it is bad to have parent who understand technology and games. that being said if i was a parent and i would at least make a backup before i did it.

i would be very annoyed the short run. there wouldn't be revenge because that won't bring back the saves and in fact it could motivate parents to delete potential backup they made.

That being said i would not hold deeply against them in the long run because it is just a video game. but i won't fully trust them anymore.

Grey Carter:
Murder in Dragonborn Manor

Erin Stout, Parent

Read Full Article

that is harsh and effective in some way; but it's only fully effective once. the kid will learn to backup there save files quite often after that.
i advise you watch out for potential revenge because what you did is kinda personal

Thats why you marry someone flagged as essential. But anyway this was awesome,definitely one of my favorites.

bat32391:
Thats why you marry someone flagged as essential. But anyway this was awesome,definitely one of my favorites.

many parents might not know away around that but am pretty sure there are some who could find a way to unflag them; then kill them. also you can't do that on consoles so they are dead unless you married a naturally essential character like that lion person

canadamus_prime:
That's not punishment! That's just mean! Esp. for just a bad report card.

Depends on how bad the report card is, really. I mean if it was strait C's and D's, This might be reasonable.

it could be used in deeper meaning, grades are something that will persist with you and the save game will not.

It's not funny, it's not poignant, it's just mean. And mean isn't anything. Thanks for nothing.

SnakeoilSage:
It's not funny, it's not poignant, it's just mean. And mean isn't anything. Thanks for nothing.

You're welcome. Thanks for the page views.

Devoneaux:
*Pulls out his box of nitpicks*

I find it odd that Erin is still living with the red heads after having proven herself to be a danger to those around her...Or is that whole "Almost broke your skull open with an Xbox" thing retconned?

All nitpicks aside, good strip this time, I got an honest chuckle out of it. More of this please!

Erin is often difficult and occasionally dangerous, but she's rarely outright malevolent, which is enough to keep her relationship with Mol from imploding.

nin_ninja:
What's the difference in age between you and your girlfriend if she has a 17 year old son?

Ten years.

Coming from someone who has had their save files deleted by angry siblings, and as a joke by friends...this is not even remotely funny.

Especially when my sister deleted all my Morrowind saves.
Hundreds of hours GONE in an instant.

I still have not forgiven her for that.

Dark and yet.. dark :P

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook