Murder in Dragonborn Manor

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Now that's what I call Cold Blooded Parenting!
I aprove

Food for thought... I guess...

I am not sure if I should laugh or cry at this. Perhaps a little of both then.

Thank god this comic is updated this time on Tuesdays. I have a really boring class from 2-4 every Tuesday and this is a requirement for my mental sanity.

I loved the dark psychotic humour of this one. Well played, well played.

That was amazing. I am truly inspired and will do this as the most effective punishment EVAH! MWHAHAHAHAHAHA

You've singlehandedly made me look forward to (eventually) being a parent. I could totally see myself enjoying more "Erin Stout, Parent Gamer Extraordinaire" strips.

Yeeeah, um ......while i find it funny as a comic i rather hope you actually didn't do something likes this.

There is really a LOT of reasons why this is a very bad idea, not just a few of them have to do with psychology and damaging any trust that could have developed.

The only danger of that is you've just crossed a line by showing a complete disregard for their property. If he's the vindictive sort, he'll feel perfectly justified in showing the same disregard for yours.

I've often used the "don't retaliate, escalate" strategy with people, but you have to choose your victims very carefully. Most people will take it as a lesson not to fuck with you, but it only takes one person who doesn't give a fuck about consequences to make your life a living hell.

This I admit is traumatising for me, so much that I search for my profile in Escapist and post it here. I know that girl is not me, but DAMN, her face mirrors mine when I saw the whole story.

Hm, this has potential as a disciplinary method. If I were to do something like this, I would have also killed the shopkeepers and racked up a HUGE bounty. Have fun getting out of that, kiddo.

Netrigan:
The only danger of that is you've just crossed a line by showing a complete disregard for their property.

Read the End User License Agreement one of these days. None of us own the games we play.

getting them where it hurts! their save games files! Genius!

I guess that can be classified as cruel and unusual punishment. I mean damn.

Now that is inspired...I'm totally going to mess with my God Sons Minecraft world if he does badly.

*Pulls out his box of nitpicks*

I find it odd that Erin is still living with the red heads after having proven herself to be a danger to those around her...Or is that whole "Almost broke your skull open with an Xbox" thing retconned?

All nitpicks aside, good strip this time, I got an honest chuckle out of it. More of this please!

I'd be so utterly furious if this happened to me. Heads would roll motherfuckers!!

Dude that's...fucking DARK.

And that kids is why you save a few times! save corruption and parents that are utter douchebags!

Stockpile Thomas? You killed STOCKPILE THOMAS?! You sick bastard.

Rare to see an acceptance of youth being youth.

That... was cruel

Very nice graphics, particularly the expressions on the stunned faces!

I love this idea. If I'm ever a parent, I'll do this.

Oh don't worry, I'll be sure to back up their save data somewhere safe. When their grades get better, I restore it and remind them I can take always take it away, and only I can restore it.

Muahahahahahaha!

That's not punishment! That's just mean! Esp. for just a bad report card.

I'd stay well clear of my future kid's savegames, out of self-persevation. Trust me, what goes around comes around.

"Wha..? What happened to my Minecraft? Where's my fortress..? Why am I locked inside an unbreakable glass casket on the ocean floor..? Where's my hunger bar?!

I... I can sometimes see the sun. That radiating block of light and hope... Flickering through the murky waters, down into my prison in the abyss... A mocking taste of freedom, out of reach. Why?

Each day, I see it flitter past, and regain a taste for freedom when I know I will be imprisoned down here. Forever."

Not to mention, I wouldn't want to end up in a situation where the kids go "Well... We could let you stay at home and pop in to visit and check up on you once in a while, but we still remember what you did to our Elsweyr saves back in the day. Guess who's going to Kinsford asylum, you senile old sod!"

Depending on how seriously the kid took it, any trust you may have had with the kid may be out the window as well as any chance at a meaningful connection/relationship. I think you need to make that right somehow. Discipline is one thing, being a bastard is another.

I love the build up in this and how it shows the emotional binding we have with our avatars. Also freeking dark lol !

Muspelheim:
I'd stay well clear of my future kid's savegames, out of self-persevation. Trust me, what goes around comes around.

"Wha..? What happened to my Minecraft? Where's my fortress..? Why am I locked inside an unbreakable glass casket on the ocean floor..? Where's my hunger bar?!

I... I can sometimes see the sun. That radiating block of light and hope... Flickering through the murky waters, down into my prison in the abyss... A mocking taste of freedom, out of reach. Why?

Each day, I see it flitter past, and regain a taste for freedom when I know I will be imprisoned down here. Forever."

Not to mention, I wouldn't want to end up in a situation where the kids go "Well... We could let you stay at home and pop in to visit and check up on you once in a while, but we still remember what you did to our Elsweyr saves back in the day. Guess who's going to Kinsford asylum, you senile old sod!"

i was going to make a comment similar to this, but then i thought someone who does this kinda deserves what comes to them
it's only a shame they get to procreate before this point and therefore don't remove the troll genes from the population

While this does seem excessive to me, I'll admit that seeing a shocked Argonian was worth it.

I can't decide if this is pure genius or too disturbing. Now I have a good idea about how to be a good maniac parent.

That's a pretty funny comic and a pretty cruel real story. I'm glad my dad never did anything like that to my stuff while growing up.

What's really great about the comic, is that the Argonian was the one who killed his wife, he just doesn't remember yet.

It's like Memento.

B-But Stockpile Thomas is a good man!

Good men don't deserve to suffer for the crimes of bad ones! D:

Damn that is cold. I don't envy Erin's future children.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here