No Right Answer: Wackiest TV Neighbor Ever

Wackiest TV Neighbor Ever

Happy Thanksgiving, those who celebrate it! Time for family and friends to come together and avoid that wacky neighbor who invited himself. Let's take this special day to debate which TV neighbor would be the wackiest addition to the dinner table.

Watch Video

Damnit Chris you mubled that last line. Now I'll NEVER know what was wrong with having Kramer as a real neighbor.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...
Kramer's first name is Cosmo?
Did not know that.

I got one thing top both of those;

Brian from Spaced.

'nuff said.

DVS BSTrD:
Damnit Chris you mubled that last line. Now I'll NEVER know what was wrong with having Kramer as a real neighbor.

I think he says "... before you realise he doesn't like black people." Referring to some things his actor said on one show at one time... don't remember the details.

SonOfMethuselah:
Did not know that.

Of course not. He didn't want anyone to know.

This is fast becoming my favorite escapist show.
That ending line was awesome :-)

I'm going with Wilson from Home Improvement.

We didn't have Urkel's shows in my country, and Seinfeld came on really late on an obscure channel, so no investment in this episode. :(

Wackiest tv neighbor? Tim Taylor from Home Improvement. Wilson wasn't his wise neighbor, he was Wilson's wacky neighbor. Can any other show truly say it was entirely about the wacky neighbor. Nope. Sorry Family Matters, but Steve was a thing that happened in a show. Tim was the show.

Family matters is one of the worst things american television provided. All jokes and lessons are on 5 yo level, all characters are annoying and I'm pretty sure I could watch the entire series without even cracking a smile. It's like somebody took Cosby show, but filled it with characters that are stereotypes from 20 years ago, really dumbed it down and then ran out of ideas after a few episodes.

But on the note of NRA episode, Urkel did actually take over the show, while Cosmo always has his quarter...again problem with the series in general.

On a technical note, the intro and outro are rather loud when compared to the rest of the show.

anian:
Family matters is one of the worst things american television provided. All jokes and lessons are on 5 yo level, all characters are annoying and I'm pretty sure I could watch the entire series without even cracking a smile. It's like somebody took Cosby show, but filled it with characters that are stereotypes from 20 years ago, really dumbed it down and then ran out of ideas after a few episodes.

But on the note of NRA episode, Urkel did actually take over the show, while Cosmo always has his quarter...again problem with the series in general.

On a technical note, the intro and outro are rather loud when compared to the rest of the show.

Thanks for the tech note, I will adjust the music levels.

Haha, silly me. I thought the title said, "Wackest TV Neighbor Ever."

Kramer vs. Wilson Wilson. Wilson wins, hands down.

Dan was really struggling with the humanity of stock images in this episode. Oh, the humanity!

D.Strormer:
Wackiest tv neighbor? Tim Taylor from Home Improvement. Wilson wasn't his wise neighbor, he was Wilson's wacky neighbor. Can any other show truly say it was entirely about the wacky neighbor. Nope. Sorry Family Matters, but Steve was a thing that happened in a show. Tim was the show.

This theory is utterly insane and I wholeheartedly support it.

Good way to complement my family's Thanksgiving Seinfeld marathon.

Well, Kramer did cause some problems, like when he messed with the road lines, or when he played golf at the beach...

I once witnessed the closest thing I ever had to a "wacky neighbor" lower his dog from the second floor window to the ground, where someone was waiting to take it for a walk... He had tied some ropes around the dogs belly, so not just by the leash but... Looking at some people slowly lowering a dog down from a second story window... Whats wrong with the door?!

This same neighbor also had some sort of fight with his ex girlfriend about child support. When I went to work one morning, his car had little brown spots all over, and on the hood of the car was a used diaper... Yeah, you can all imagine what the brown stuff was. On his windscreen, the door handles, sides... All over!

I've moved away from that area now, and I must admit I kinda admit the entertainment. I never knew this neighbor personally though, don't even know his name. Just the guy just across the street that had some pretty strange stuff going on...

Got you both beat (although I don't think this show migrated to the US).

Brian from channel 4's Spaced.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8eh6xcaiI1qb274ao1_500.jpg

Insane, impressionist painter with no idea how the human world acts, yet lives in a somehow more cultured reality within our own.

How can you get more wacky then the guy who uses his phallus to paint a commissioned piece of work, and gets paid for it?

Maybe not as outlandish as your two but the fact that spaced is grounded so firmly in our world makes Brian even more outlandish.

Ed Norton (not the guy from Fight Club).

Anyone who knows who I'm talking about knows I'm right.

SonOfMethuselah:
Did not know that.

Yeah, in the show they actually kept that hidden for a long while, it was Kramers mother that spilled the beans far into the series.

OT: WRONG the bus driver did not have a heart attack . The bus driver was hijacked by some guy who took out the busdriver , Kramer took the wheel of the bus while fighting off the guy, and he kept making the stops because people kept ringing the bell.

Wow. This debate was poorly debated and detailed compared to their other episodes.
For Urkle-
Can't go an episode without serious property damage.
Loves to build and experiment random stuff.
Over complex answers to basic solutions.
His Walk.

Kramer has his wacky sides too....Just can't remember them all since I havn't seen that many sienfeld episodes.

GuiltBlade:
Got you both beat (although I don't think this show migrated to the US).

Brian from channel 4's Spaced.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8eh6xcaiI1qb274ao1_500.jpg

Insane, impressionist painter with no idea how the human world acts, yet lives in a somehow more cultured reality within our own.

How can you get more wacky then the guy who uses his phallus to paint a commissioned piece of work, and gets paid for it?

Maybe not as outlandish as your two but the fact that spaced is grounded so firmly in our world makes Brian even more outlandish.

British comedy represent yo!

*fist bumps*

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or