GinxTV: Assassin's Creed 3 - Guide to Naval Warfare

Assassin's Creed 3 - Guide to Naval Warfare

Ginx helps you get your sea legs for Assassin's Creed 3.

Watch Video

sigh. They're not "Dreadnoughts", they're "Man-O-Wars".

Good guide, they'd really help me early on. By now I've figured out most of this by myself though.

Thumbs up!

At the very least I hope the success of ACIII's ship combat has set the sail for a full-blown pirate game.

EDIT: A GOOD full-blown pirate game.

I can play AC3 fine and my brain doesn't lodge any complaints but I did a masters project on naval warfare during that time period, and it's difficult to watch...looks like it'd be fun if I could turn my brain off.

Aptspire:

Born to reign forevermore?
The right to conquer every shore?
Man O War?

I see

well anyway this was an interesting guide, now all I need to do is actually pick up the damn game!

AgentLampshade:
At the very least I hope the success of ACIII's ship combat has set the sail for a full-blown pirate game.

EDIT: A GOOD full-blown pirate game.

Sid Meier's Pirates! is also a pretty decent game that you should check out if you haven't. It is pretty dated though, but it does a good job with the combat from what I remember of it.

If they made a game based purely around Assassin's Creed III's naval combat mechanics, I'd play the crap out of that game. It was easily some of the most fun with side quests I've had since they brought Plants versus Zombies into World of Warcraft.

On the video itself, most of what's covered here is taught in the tutorial mission, I really would love to see some more advanced tips like the one that was given about how to approach the larger ships like the Man-o-War (those aren't dreadnoughts, just saying). While I figured that one out myself (after quite a few failed missions) I'm sure there are other tricks out there that I could certainly use in my arsenal that I simply don't know about.

next guide: how to use the mouse to look around in a video game on a personal computer.

LGC Pominator:

Aptspire:

Man O War?

I see

well anyway this was an interesting guide, now all I need to do is actually pick up the damn game!

Yes! Because, you know, this band just went and invented their name...(/sarcasm)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-of-war found it in a minute...

Aptspire:

LGC Pominator:

Aptspire:

Man O War?

I see

Yes! Because, you know, this band just went and invented their name...(/sarcasm)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-of-war found it in a minute...

LIES AND FABRICATIONS!

ManOwaR clearly invented the name of the 17th century battleship how DARE you suggest otherwise!

I kid of course, I am well familiar with the origin of the bands name (as any fan should be) I just made the mental leap when I read your post because... alcohol

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here