Unskippable: Silent Hill: Downpour, Part One

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Silent Hill: Downpour, Part One

In the first leg of Silent Hill: Downpour they take a good long look at Phillip Seymour Hoffman in prison.

Watch Video

Why didn't the fat guy run out of the door he entered the showers from?

R-eject
S-tairs?
Seems to be his modus operandi :P

Remote Servant? That's really what all video game characters are.

Also, let's have a moment of silence for the most dedicated towel in history.

Irridium:

I'm guessing the showers don't have multiple exits. Most locker rooms I've traversed, there's really only one way in or out. The exception is if you are going FROM somewhere TO somewhere, like going from a health club lobby to a health club pool. But in prison there is no "to".

I have to say, Phillip Seymour Hoffman was the first place my brain went when I saw that guy, too.

I am completely baffled by the prison walk sequence, though. Between all the gruff clipped dialogue and the grungy soundtrack, it felt like a mix between the opening of Arkham Asylum and an episode of The Shield. Except in both those instances, something happened; in this intro, basically nothing happened after the stabbing, which apparently was sanctioned by the guards and was for a perfectly legitimate reason that neither the victim nor the viewer are allowed to know.

yes that is how Kirbi should start, but I think the elevator ride needs to have king Dee Dee Dee in it. you know so Kirbi actually has a reason to eat all his guys basically like this.
"hey Kirbi"
"hey"
"so, your fired from the kingdom, collect your stuff"

I didn't get the walk sequence either. Wasn't it already established that we were in a dark, grimy prison from the scenery and when the guy wakes up and steps in a puddle, and that the main character was dick with no friends because he fantasizes about stabbing fat guys?

I guess they just wanted the scene so they could show up on a tropes page.

The name Radek Marek sounds more Cardassian than Klingon.

God, I'm such a nerd.

Well taking a guess, i think the lift shall go upwards.

SachielOne:

God, I'm such a nerd.

Gul Radek!

OT: So... I didn't see any Silent Hill in that Silent Hill game. Is it coming in the next part?

"His head looks like his skin is just barely keeping his skull from firing out" is the name of my Akira Yamaoka cover band.

SachielOne:

God, I'm such a nerd.

Cardassians? I hear they're hard to keep up with.

That towel should get a raise for holding on for that long, tis a mighty towel. :D

But I wonder, will the next video have more elevator scenes?

Because I know it will totally be a metaphor for...something.... since it's, ya know, a Silent Hill game.

wow that towel is did not come off. Because no one wants to see a bloody Phillip Seymour Hoffman's penis

Good show.

Nice Kirby joke at the end there too. :)

The elevator thing worked for Daily Drop! Maybe Paul's onto something...

Ah yes, the Shoulder Kidney, the most delicious of Human organs.

Is there anything more horrifying than a fat guy in a towel, you know aside from a fat guy in a Speedo.

I still don't know how I can like this game. But I do.

Irridium:

it probably just lead to... erm... more showers.

I don't know, so far this intro didn't seem very Silent Hilly. There's a distinct lack of bizarre evil supernatural stuff. I mean, yeah the towel was obviously supernatural, but I'm counting it as a force for good here.

Block B may be the party block.
Block C may be where all the nerds and the squares hang out.
But what was block A? The place where the people who fantasize about stabbing fat people in the showers sleep? Because that's almost scarily specific.

The elevator doesn't have to put him on a different floor. It could move sideways like on Star Trek.

SachielOne:

God, I'm such a nerd.

Sounds more like a mix between A helghast and Starkiller.

Required Servitude. Dude was doing a compulsory dime as per the new Constitutional Amendment.

Dang, he really stabbed the hell out of that guy... not a lot else seemed to really happen though...

canadamus_prime:
Is there anything more horrifying than a fat guy in a towel, you know aside from a fat guy in a Speedo.

Fat guy in a towel's scarier, because it could fall off at any moment!
I was actually expecting more Soul Calibur V, if only to explain what Ezio Auditore's doing there, & why he isn't instastabbing everybody from the rooftops! But this was funny too, and I too thought that was Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the shower. Some context could have been nice, though.

captcha: ShinglesInfo.com
Well, I guess I'm not sleeping ever again. Thanks, Shingles Info!

Darth_Payn:

canadamus_prime:

Fat guy in a towel's scarier, because it could fall off at any moment!
I was actually expecting more Soul Calibur V, if only to explain what Ezio Auditore's doing there, & why he isn't instastabbing everybody from the rooftops! But this was funny too, and I too thought that was Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the shower. Some context could have been nice, though.

captcha: ShinglesInfo.com
Well, I guess I'm not sleeping ever again. Thanks, Shingles Info!

Hard to say, they're both pretty horrifying.

The Admiral:
The elevator doesn't have to put him on a different floor. It could move sideways like on Star Trek.

I myself was thinking of the Wonka-Vator at the end of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Anyway, about the fat dude... Is it wrong to think the towel stayed in place because his fat made such a great adhesive?

I recommend that you skip forward to the town its self which is very well realised in this game, probably the best version so far. The St. Maria's Monastery is excellent silent hill level in this game. Also the Cinema Verite Side Quest is excellent.
This game defiantly has really good times for the silent hill fan.

SachielOne:

God, I'm such a nerd.

When I saw Radek Marek I thought of the handsome devil that is my avatar.

Also, what was with the walking sequence? It served no purpose whatsoever. Anything it wanted to establish had already been established previously, so it makes no sense.

Obviously the RS-237-A refers to himself as an updated serial port connector. At the end of the next video we're going to find out that this entire sequence was a dream and in reality he's just a serial port on the back of an 90's era PC. His 'neighbor' was just the printer he was trying to communicate with but he couldn't take the PC LOAD LETTER error from the printer and finally murdered him.

The RS is clearly for Random Stabber as that is what he seems to be.

And that is one dedicated towel.

Also, since it's Silent Hill, that elevator is only going down.

Morning fistbump bro!

LOL

You guys sure like elevator sequences, huh? If so, Deep Fear is the game for you! There's tons of them in that game!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here