Hexproof Videos: Sealed Deck Challenge: (Mostly) Flawless Victory

Sealed Deck Challenge: (Mostly) Flawless Victory

Congratulations! You voted. Josh played. Together you've taken first place in The Escapist's Return to Ravnica League.

Check out this video for a run-down of the top decks in the league, as well as footage from the devastating final match.

Music courtesy of OCRemix.org: Guile's Theme (R.A.H. Mix) and Save Me (OCR Edit)

Watch Video

Limited format is rather interesting to study for multiple reasons. One of my favorite is to find out cards that work well in limited but not as much in constructed. With the low probability of a pull being duplicated, it's hard to directly study what causes a game to go the way it does.

vxicepickxv:
Limited format is rather interesting to study for multiple reasons. One of my favorite is to find out cards that work well in limited but not as much in constructed. With the low probability of a pull being duplicated, it's hard to directly study what causes a game to go the way it does.

I find that Limited play helps gather a perspective of what sort of mana curve you can expect when a particular set/cycle is prevalent. The ratios won't change too much. Also, at least with Ravnica, you can still get a fair bit of feel for how the major mechanics work, and what their limitations are against the other mechanics of the Guilds. (Dear Unleash: I hate you. Stop hurting me. Love: JEBWrench)

great episode! :) i love to learn from these. too bad the series is already over :p. i hope they make something similar like it soon.

umbraticus:
great episode! :) i love to learn from these. too bad the series is already over :p. i hope they make something similar like it soon.

We're already brainstorming ideas for future Hexproof videos!

That STARE O_O It's hypnotizing.
Cool video though, glad the deck did so well. I don't know much about magic nowadays, since it's a little over 5 years since I last actively played and my cards get overshadowed by these new ones that I don't know much about. It's still fun to play casually nowadays.

This was a really good video, I appreciate that you listened to the comments about wanting to see gameplay. No matter how much "deck teck" you do its easier to imagine if you see the play no matter how boring magic can be to watch.

Very good video maybe next time you can find a higher quality camera, the video just doesnt mesh well with the high resolution of most of the escapist videos. I hope you do more.

WMDogma:

umbraticus:

I expect to see three videos uploaded tomorrow, or no dinner!

(So, any super-seekrit insight on to what ideas are being bandied about for your loyal viewers?)

JEBWrench:

WMDogma:

umbraticus:

I expect to see three videos uploaded tomorrow, or no dinner!

(So, any super-seekrit insight on to what ideas are being bandied about for your loyal viewers?)

We have a few ideas right now, we'd like to look into possibly creating videos that go into detail on other ways to play Magic (such as all the multiplayer variants that people play) or help introduce the game to those who have heard of Magic before but haven't given it a try. We would also love to do a video preview of an upcoming set or event as well.

WMDogma:

We have a few ideas right now, we'd like to look into possibly creating videos that go into detail on other ways to play Magic (such as all the multiplayer variants that people play) or help introduce the game to those who have heard of Magic before but haven't given it a try. We would also love to do a video preview of an upcoming set or event as well.

Have you considered doing something on bit of the history around the game? Might appeal to some of the newer players around.

(I doubt anyone even remembers the Chaos Magic variant that was popular around 4th Edition)

Great video.
Though you need to be more animate when you talk, I'm not entirely convinced that you are a human.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here