Movie Trailers: Jack the Giant Slayer - Trailer

Jack the Giant Slayer - Trailer

Fee-fi-fo-fum I smell a movie that I want to see.

Watch Video

You can predict when a film will be released in 3D when the title has a strange font that is angled so it looks like it could stick out of the screen.

I...hmm. Started out as something aping shots that fit right at home in The Lord of the Rings, if they had been twenty times bigger. Then it started feeling like a Pirates of the Caribbean knock off, shifted settings. Then it felt like Stardust, but with a more base Tristan. That's strange. The elements are there, but...I'm not feeling that stoked about it. I'm excited for individual elements, but the summation of them has me feeling nothing much at all. Weird.

BehattedWanderer:
I...hmm. Started out as something aping shots that fit right at home in The Lord of the Rings, if they had been twenty times bigger. Then it started feeling like a Pirates of the Caribbean knock off, shifted settings. Then it felt like Stardust, but with a more base Tristan. That's strange. The elements are there, but...I'm not feeling that stoked about it. I'm excited for individual elements, but the summation of them has me feeling nothing much at all. Weird.

I felt a hint of Narnia somwhere in there personally along with the rest. Fe Fi Fo Fum, I smell a cheap knockoff of better movies.

dragongit:

BehattedWanderer:

I felt a hint of Narnia somwhere in there personally along with the rest. Fe Fi Fo Fum, I smell a cheap knockoff of better movies.

I don't know if I would call it cheap, the studio names alone have me leaning towards it's at least sellable and marketable, with a decent budget. Knockoff of it's betters though, I'm more inclined with. I'll have to see it to give a final verdict, but it's following in the footsteps of giants, and it's feet aren't that big, so to speak.

They filmed part of this where I live, I got to meet a jedi.

Stanley Tucci is awesome... but this movie does not look awesome.

for all the trailer's shown us, I do like the way they designed the giants.

Looks -potentially- good; if the reviews turn out ok, I'll give it a whirl.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here