Erin and Hobbes

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Bonham79:

Rainboq:
On the topic of tributes to Calvin & Hobbes, here have some Bacon & Hobbes.

How dare you make me feel things!

I warned you!

Rainboq:

Yeah....I want to feel the happiness and sadness for these specific comics, but I havetwo reasons not:

1. RobotChicken alternative ending of Calvin & Hobbes:

2. Calvin and her wife named their girl.........Bacon? Really?
A more suitable title it would be "Bacon and Tiger", cause, you know, Tigers love meat, hehehehehehehe....

Zachary Amaranth:

SonicWaffle:

DVS BSTrD:
Calvin and Hratos, can you imagine? It'll be the "noodle incident" times a thousand!

I forsee Calvinball becoming significantly more violent...

And many more QTEs.

Since when could Kratos smile?

Since this incident:

I can confirm this by my old thread I created in GT:

http://forums.gametrailers.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1216937

SweetShark:

Rainboq:

Yeah....I want to feel the happiness and sadness for these specific comics, but I havetwo reasons not:

A more suitable title it would be "Bacon and Tiger", cause, you know, Tigers love meat, hehehehehehehe....

Because its Calvin and Susie.

Not sure it's cohere ripping comic text into a quote but let's go with it

Grey Carter:

It's funny how our critics accuse us of knocking off Penny Arcade even though, when you think about it, we're actually ripping off Calvin and Hobbes. Our thievery is even more impressive when you consider I only started reading C&H last week. We're wily, us plagiarists.

I'm not so sure it's funny so much as quite sad that people can't tell the difference
because Erin is Obviously not a ripoff of Pa if anything it's a re-imagining of the
gamer comic genre and by definition new or as new as the structure of comics, gaming
and common literature allow
personally i think anyone who matters knows the real McCoy from the fail DeCoy
and i think i just invented that line,
'googles'

yup, /shades

Rainboq:

SweetShark:

Rainboq:

And? Because the girl have the name of a japanese food, must their child have a name of a food as well?
[Also I must say I didn't read a lot of this comic, but I know about the whole premise this have, so forgive me if I am wrong.]

SweetShark:

Rainboq:

SweetShark:

And? Because the girl have the name of a japanese food, must their child have a name of a food as well?
[Also I must say I didn't read a lot of this comic, but I know about the whole premise this have, so forgive me if I am wrong.]

The whole point was that Calvin and Susie were the only two people with any imagination, so they were weird together. Hence, any child they had would probably have a weird name.

This is the best comic you guys have ever done.

You only just started reading Calvin and Hobbes?

Well, it's never too late, I guess. I know it's my go-to quick fix when feeling low and uninspired.

Enjoy!

Rainboq:
The whole point was that Calvin and Susie were the only two people with any imagination, so they were weird together. Hence, any child they had would probably have a weird name.

I google it and I see what do you mean.

But.....I also see this:

http://vvb32reads.blogspot.gr/2010/12/ho-ho-horrific-holidays.html

I knew this kid had problems....

Btw, this also means Susie was the only friend Calvin had?

Grey Carter:
I only started reading C&H last week

You poor, poor man.

Hopefully things will be better for you now.

Renegade-pizza:
Soooo, how's Mo going to end up when he tries to steal from Kratos...?

They''l read about him in the paper,as to how Moe was put into life support,and how he now has a cyborg arm to replace his old one after Kratos tore it off and nearly beat him to death with it. Needless to say,he's been nice to Calvin ever since,out of pure fear of Kratos coming back.

People think you are ripping off Penny Arcade? But...what..how. Your comic is nothing like theirs.

...keep the little boy away from sharp objects, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

SweetShark:

Rainboq:

But.....I also see this:

Pretty much, and go talk to any kid Calvin's age, that's pretty much how their minds operate.

erttheking:
...keep the little boy away from sharp objects, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Calm down, I am very sure the kid is perfectly fine in the future.
So please, take a sit. I will prepare something good to eat to make you forget about this comic.
Oh, by the way, how do you like to cook bacon? Fried or roasted?

YOU FOOL!! YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN READING CALVIN AND HOBBES FOR YEARS!!

I still remember the day I was introduced to Calvin and Hobbes by my grandfather.

Good times.

Rainboq:

:')

That made my day. Thanks.

Come to think of it, I think Kratos is a better friend for Calvin.

=} Ah! Being a huge Calvin and Hobbes fan I approve of this comic

-M

scorptatious:
I still remember the day I was introduced to Calvin and Hobbes by my grandfather.

Good times.

Rainboq:

:')

That made my day. Thanks.

No problem :3

Well at least Kratos is happy.

Rainboq:

Where and how did you find this?

Ed130:
Well at least Kratos is happy.

Rainboq:

Where and how did you find this?

reddit :P

Blade_125:
Come to think of it, I think Kratos is a better friend for Calvin.

Nah, I don't think so.
I don't think Calvin know Greek after all....
But on the other Kratos have another language he can speak:
GORE LANGUAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"we're actually ripping off Calvin and Hobbes"
Hehe, reminds me of when Dueling Analogs did a similar thing, but with "we're copying VGcats".

Rainboq:

SweetShark:

Rainboq:

But.....I also see this:

Pretty much, and go talk to any kid Calvin's age, that's pretty much how their minds operate.

I don't think in the pass I asked my father to help me tranform together to defeat Lord Zedd with the other Power Rangers.
Or something similar I guess.
By the way I have another good question:
Calvin had only the tiger for a toy? I mean, if he had a Cyborg Humanoid T-rex for a toy, I think he would selected that and not the tiger.

Ohlookit'sMatty:
=} Ah! Being a huge Calvin and Hobbes fan I approve of this comic

-M

Which comic? With the Bacon or Kratos?

Rainboq:

T_T Lord Bless. Only way I can think of that would make this better is if Watterson himself came along and put his stamp of approval on this. Because I once read he always wanted to do his comic like this with a girl protaganist. That....and it really made feel good inside. Whomever made this....Good on you,not only did you top the "It's a wonderful world,Hobbes" strip,but you drew it in a style that's similar to Watterson's. Nice job.

SweetShark:

Rainboq:

SweetShark:

But.....I also see this:

I don't think in the pass I asked my father to help me tranform together to defeat Lord Zedd with the other Power Rangers.
Calvin had only the tiger for a toy? I mean, if he had a Cyborg Humanoid T-rex for a toy, I think he would selected that and not the tiger.

sorry, I meant a six year old with way too much imagination. And go actually read the comics.

Grey Carter:
Erin and Hobbes

Because We Need More Unflattering Comparisons

Read Full Article

I say let them have their fun. How long has it been since Kratos had a smile on his faec that wasn't related to him killing some thing or body?

Just imagine what Calvin would get up to with Kratos as his moral center.

GamerMage:

Rainboq:

T_T Lord Bless. Only way I can think of that would make this better is if Watterson himself came along and put his stamp of approval on this. Because I once read he always wanted to do his comic like this with a girl protaganist. That....and it really made feel good inside. Whomever made this....Good on you,not only did you top the "It's a wonderful world,Hobbes" strip,but you drew it in a style that's similar to Watterson's. Nice job.

XD Oh I wish I made those, no, they're from the now defunct web comic 'Pants Are Overrated."

Rainboq:

SweetShark:

Rainboq:

sorry, I meant a six year old with way too much imagination. And go actually read the comics.

Sorry, but I have many things to do and I don't have time to read ALL the comics and I guess already will be many of them.
Also I was a Garfield fan in the past. But now I hate this lazy fat assh*le.

Rainboq:
Snip

Aaawweeee~ I really adored that comic. Thank you so much for sharing it with us fellow Escapist :}

OT: I don't think Kratos has ever killed a child before has he...?
*Thinks back* .. No wait, he did in the first God of War game. His own child in cold blood.

Well crap. Hope everything works out well, then again I think he needed some human comforting by riding down the hill with a kid.

Christ, every time I see any reference to Calvin and Hobbes I feel so nostalgic I want to cry.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 69852)