Escapist Podcast: 070: Gaming Remakes and Tattoo Nightmares

Pages PREV 1 2

It may not be of interest to you, Susan, but, regarding your water-container discussion at the very start of the podcat, you (or other escapists) may also be interested in investing in stainless steel water bottles. They're pretty easy to clean and use, as long as you're fine with hand washing. A bit expensive, but easily cheaper than bottled water and without the bad taste of plastic bottles.

Also, while I'm not a fan of the musical segways, per say, I think this week's was pretty nice.

(...if I send you a Delco cheesesteak, will you not ban me for taunting you with bad spelling?)

blackrave:
I don't know
Thing is, "segue" is pronounced as "segway"
"segue" should be pronounced as [segu:], [sege:] or [segue:]
instead there is distinct "way" in the pronunciation of "segue"
I think that is the main reason behind confusion
Although since english is my third language, I might not be qualified to discuss this

For better or worse, English is a friggin' weird language, what with just stealing from so many other languages and, as a result, having some really bizarre spelling (and words) a lot of the time. Also, blackrave, based on your post, you're probably more qualified to discuss English pronunciation/spelling than most native English speakers.

bravetoaster:
It may not be of interest to you, Susan, but, regarding your water-container discussion at the very start of the podcat, you (or other escapists) may also be interested in investing in stainless steel water bottles. They're pretty easy to clean and use, as long as you're fine with hand washing. A bit expensive, but easily cheaper than bottled water and without the bad taste of plastic bottles.

Also, while I'm not a fan of the musical segways, per say, I think this week's was pretty nice.

(...if I send you a Delco cheesesteak, will you not ban me for taunting you with bad spelling?)

blackrave:
I don't know
Thing is, "segue" is pronounced as "segway"
"segue" should be pronounced as [segu:], [sege:] or [segue:]
instead there is distinct "way" in the pronunciation of "segue"
I think that is the main reason behind confusion
Although since english is my third language, I might not be qualified to discuss this

For better or worse, English is a friggin' weird language, what with just stealing from so many other languages and, as a result, having some really bizarre spelling (and words) a lot of the time. Also, blackrave, based on your post, you're probably more qualified to discuss English pronunciation/spelling than most native English speakers.

My most favorite shirt says, "English does not borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over the head and rifles through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here