Movie Trailers: G.I. Joe: Retaliation - Official Trailer

G.I. Joe: Retaliation - Official Trailer

You had me with the swinging Snake Eyes.

Watch Video

Color me confused, I thought this movie released into theaters in June 2012, this past year. Wasn't that it's original targeted release date? In fact, wasn't that when these trailers first started popping up? Did someone take a look at a screening and say "holy shit, this sucks", and extend film editing by another year?!

Deathfish15:
Color me confused, I thought this movie released into theaters in June 2012, this past year. Wasn't that it's original targeted release date? In fact, wasn't that when these trailers first started popping up? Did someone take a look at a screening and say "holy shit, this sucks", and extend film editing by another year?!

This should answer your question.

DrStrangelove:

Deathfish15:

Yeah, I still find it hilarious that the whole point of Post-Production was, literally, to have Duke not die. It's like G.I. Joe the animated movie all over again. 'Oh no, he's in a coma!' He took a snake through the goddamn heart, he's dead! Quite trying to make it politically correct.

Plus, it's been shown already but... Tatum's not a good action star. The last time he looked good in an action movie was when Gina Carano was kicking his ass in Haywire. He's gonna look downright silly next to Dwayne, who knows how to ham it up for action roles. This will only work if Joe and Roadblock and Snake-eyes are stealing Duke's thunder all through the film... otherwise the movie will suck.

And not a single care was given. I'm sorry, but to a movie-goer like me who never saw GI Joe or had any interest in the series back in the day? This basically looks like they threw together Hollywood ninjas, Die Hard (John McClain shows up for no raisin, to borrow the Futurama ref), and Tomorrow Never Dies (the actor who played Elliot Carver is playing another very similar-sounding bad guy with another superweapon) all into a blender and asked "will it blend?".

And my answer is "I guess I'm never gonna find out, because it looks like an action movie packed with CGI bullshit and a lazy excuse of a story".

Oh he did not just nuke London! In saying so I don't lived there so sorry for the Londoners andI chuckle at the North Korea comment.

A couple of thoughts I had whilst watching this trailer;

1) Wait, this film wasn't released yet?
2) Hah, Korea.
3) Ooh, kinetic railgun? OH, LONDON. Suck on that! Now Birmingham gets the recognition it rightfully deserves!
4) Ninja, with a gun? "What is this supposed to be? Which end do I stab with?"
5) Ninja with a gun! "HOLY SHIT I'M SHOOTING THEM OUT OF THE AIR! I AM A GOD."
6) Who would ride an exploding bike?!
7) Oh, the death machine explodes in space. Well, don't have to watch the film now!

If you're going to ride a motorbike, may as well make it an exploding one.
I thought I saw this trailer a year ago. I hope this one has more weird costumes, vehicles and shit.

GonzoGamer:
If you're going to ride a motorbike, may as well make it an exploding one.
I thought I saw this trailer a year ago. I hope this one has more weird costumes, vehicles and shit.

You did see a trailer a year ago, the movie was delayed yet again

I am somewhat excited for this movie, hopefully it will be a expendables 2 or better. Something that can be considered mindless fun.

DrStrangelove:

Deathfish15:

That explains why whats clearly a dumb summer movie is coming out in march.

Scarim Coral:
Oh he did not just nuke London! In saying so I don't lived there so sorry for the Londoners andI chuckle at the North Korea comment.

I loved the NK comment as well, the look of indignation on the ambassador was priceless

And he didnt really NUKE london, more of a kinetic strike :P

I was actually looking kind of looking forward to this when it was first getting geared up to be released, but now, after the delay, and knowing that it was done to give Channing Tatum a larger role, I'm not nearly as excited for the movie. Honestly, Tatum's the dealbreaker for me, the whole reason I was looking forward to this movie in spite of it being a not really anticipated sequel to an only okay movie, was that he wasn't in it. GI Joe is a franchise that features supervillains, crazy scifi weaponry and full-on ninjas, with that in mind, Channing Tatum's generic meathead character is the last character that I wanted the movie to focus on. So when I heard he wasn't going to be a major part of the sequel I was excited, because that meant more time for the actually fun and cool stuff. Now I'm just ambivalent about the whole enterprise and have no plans to see it in theaters.

I enjoyed the first one apart from the fact that the only two female Joes either died unceremoniously or were mostly useless. It had a sort of wacky old-school James Bond vibe.

This looks... yeah, kinda Die-Hardy. Weird. But it also has Cobra acting like Cobra, which is cool.

Yeah, I'll see it. If they actually release it this time, that is.

Actually looks decent, in a "so dumb its entertaining" typical action movie way of course lol. Was the guy who knifed his own face meant to be cobra commander? Also I swear destro was hinted at in the ending of the first, bah.

This actually looks more like G.I. Joe than the previous one. We have crazy over the top action sequences and crazy gadgets and vehicles. I find it beyond, stupid when someone starts complaining, that a movie like this will lack in meaningful script and story. That's like going to a NASCAR race and complaining about there being no right turns.

DrStrangelove:

Deathfish15:

"The studio also wanted to avoid competing with Tatum's Magic Mike, also scheduled for June 29"

Ugh, could you at least provide a link to wherever you got this trailer from, so we can watch it without being charged for HD? I understand why you wouldn't with original Escapist content, but c'mon.

So Tatum gets to stay alive because he looked good without a shirt on? Can the power of Bruce Willis be enough to save this movie and make it a fun but stupid action movie!?

LazyAza:
Actually looks decent, in a "so dumb its entertaining" typical action movie way of course lol. Was the guy who knifed his own face meant to be cobra commander? Also I swear destro was hinted at in the ending of the first, bah.

Holy shit I just read that in Megabyte's voice.

Scarim Coral:

Don't be. They just essentially nuked David Cameron. Be happy for that at least X3

So...because the first one was a piece of shit that had nothing to do with the comic or the cartoon, none of the (good?) original actors would come back to reprise their roles. Also, because of his wrestling background we should make Dwayne Johnson Sgt. Fucking Slaughter and cast a bunch of nobodies for him to train like in the original animated movie.

Loop Stricken:
A couple of thoughts I had whilst watching this trailer;

3) Ooh, kinetic railgun? OH, LONDON. Suck on that! Now Birmingham gets the recognition it rightfully deserves!

FelixG:

I loved the NK comment as well, the look of indignation on the ambassador was priceless

And he didnt really NUKE london, more of a kinetic strike :P

Looks more like the theoretical 'Rods From God'. Thankfully nobody's figured out an economical way to tote tungsten rods the size of telephone poles into space, however non-radioactive the explosion may be.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here