Jimquisition: Jimquisition Awards, Part Four

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Jimquisition Awards, Part Four

The very first Jimquisition Awards are here! Five days, five games, five awards!

Watch Video

I haven't played Lollipop Chainsaw, but now I want to. Good defense Jimmy-Boy.

I also can't wait for tomorrow's episode. I just simply can't think of what game it might be...

A winner by the jimquisition's standards? That explains it! Doh ho ho ho, etc.

Oh, an interesting bit of trivia:

OT: So.....is anyone not expecting it to be Spec Ops: the line? Or have I just mis-read the signs.

I did love No More Heroes, I should really think about picking up Lollipop Chainsaw.

I agree. Lollipop Chainsaw is the most fun you can have if you like Suda 51.

Also, that clue told me nothing. :(

:) I approve! Not that much of a fan of the game, but the reasons you gave are good enough for me.

Also, this game let me tell many people about this...

I had a friend who watched MLP and he somehow didn't know about this until I told him.

xD HA! Seeing people find this out is still very entertainging.

I don't think the choice is very controversial, everyone agreed that Lollipop chainsaw was a pretty decent, silly game that had flaws. Hell i think the sense was more of mild disappointment then real rage, the game is good but it could have been fantastic. Personally i think it's a worthy choice.

Only thing that turns me off of this game is that I heard it was short, and $25+ still seems a bit much if the game isn't more than 4 hours.

As for the winner (game tomorrow), I still think it was a good game, but not the best game of the year (at least, for me). Maybe because the whole last episode for was nothing more than closure to me with everyone I at all liked already being gone or dead.

WaitWHAT:

OT: So.....is anyone not expecting it to be Spec Ops: the line? Or have I just mis-read the signs.

Yea man, I think you misread the signs.

I want to play Lollipop Chainsaw, I will probably get it cheap and used after Christmas along with Spec Ops: The Line and any other games I didn't convince myself to buy new.

It's Walking Dead right? That's Clems hat. I liked it despite it not being much of a game.

I am kinda tempted to pick up Lollipop Chainsaw, as I forgot Suda51 made it and I love No More Heroes (however, never finished the sequel).

There was no other choice for tomorrow's award. That game fully deserves everything it gets.

Ok, I haven't played Lollipop Chainsaw and I think it looks stupid as hell, but your justification makes sense so I won't argue. Still not planning to play it though.

I was hoping Xenoblade would get one of these rewards, considering it's one of the VERY few jRPGs of this gen that's actually good, but oh well

Assassin Xaero:
Only thing that turns me off of this game is that I heard it was short, and $25+ still seems a bit much if the game isn't more than 4 hours.

As for the winner (game tomorrow), I still think it was a good game, but not the best game of the year (at least, for me). Maybe because the whole last episode for was nothing more than closure to me with everyone I at all liked already being gone or dead.

It's about 6 and it is mean to be played over and over for unlockables and score challenging. Though if you're the type who just rushes through a game to see that credit scroll it'll probably underwhelm, but if you're the type who just rushes through a game to see the credit scroll.. why are you gaming anyway.

ccdohl:

WaitWHAT:

Yea man, I think you misread the signs.

Ooooh Ooooh, is it Amy? Please tell me it's Amy. It's Amy, right? 8D

I like Suda51 but I don't like his games.
Still renting this though.

Is Jim giving a baseball game GOTY?

GonzoGamer:
I like Suda51 but I don't like his games.
Still renting this though.

Is Jim giving a baseball game GOTY?

Pokemon Black/White 2, maybe?
I can't think of many games that feature baseball caps, either

The walking dead is my #2 game behind ME3, but it came really really close. In fact, if BioWare didn't release that new ending, then it would be. Still have not played lolipop chainsaw.

I'm glad that, for what feels like the first time, someone has picked a game for a year-end award just for the plain fun value. That's why we play video games, am I correct? Even if this one is over-the-top in pretty much every direction, I'm glad I picked it up.

So, for our captcha, we get ads now? Wha?

If any of you don't mind being spoiled for tomorrow's award and didn't get the clue for the next one, remedy that immediately by following this link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/

Have your credit card ready.

But PaRappa was years ago! ... and it's a beanie, not a cap!

No Spec Ops: The Line? Jim I am dissapoint.

Totally agree, a game doesn't have to be just serious or anything like that to be a good game. As long as it's fun, I'll like it.

WaitWHAT:

Actually:

I'm slightly disturbed that Lollipop Chainsaw got an award, yet Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed 3, XCOM, Hitman: Absolution and Spec Ops: The Line didn't.

Also, The Walking Dead game had a very compelling story, but you could hardly even call it a game. None of your choices even significantly impact the unfolding of events, so it's really just an animated movie where you occasionally press a button to continue.

For Charity, perhaps Child's Play, Jim needs to do a Numa-Numa video.

This has no credibility! I can't believe this won!
(hey, you asked for it Jim :) )

But to be honest I have nothing against braindead fun (no pun intended)
And this game seems like it

Sylveria:

Assassin Xaero:

It's about 6 and it is mean to be played over and over for unlockables and score challenging. Though if you're the type who just rushes through a game to see that credit scroll it'll probably underwhelm, but if you're the type who just rushes through a game to see the credit scroll.. why are you gaming anyway.

As Jim stated, Lollipop Chainsaw is very much reminiscent of the arcade hack'n'slash days. You play through it over & over, each time trying to beat your score. Crazy Taxi was a good comparison, as I'm pretty sure I nearly melted the Dreamcast disc of that game that I have & still play on occasion.
It's a game about a manic pixie killing zombies with a chainsaw. Suda51 had no delusions about that & developed the game accordingly

James Joseph Emerald:

WaitWHAT:

Actually:

I'm slightly disturbed that Lollipop Chainsaw got an award, yet Mass Effect 3, Assassin's Creed 3, XCOM, Hitman: Absolution and Spec Ops: The Line didn't.

Also, The Walking Dead game had a very compelling story, but you could hardly even call it a game. None of your choices even significantly impact the unfolding of events, so it's really just an animated movie where you occasionally press a button to continue.

Everyone else will be giving plenty of love to all those other games. I think Jim is taking a moment here to give credit where it's due, but wouldn't otherwise get it.
IMO, Mass Effect 3 was good, Assassin's Creed 3 & Hitman: Absolution were just ok, XCOM & Spec Ops were excellent; all of these games will receive plenty of praise across the community, whether they deserved it or not.

Not surprised by the The Walking Dead being Jim's game of the year kinda surprised X-Com didn't make it but this list is for outstanding games of 2012 not the only outstanding games of 2012. I can't disagree with anything on the list and even if I could it's still a really good best of 2012 list.

Mr.Amakir:
No Spec Ops: The Line? Jim I am dissapoint.

I may have to address this at some point. I've played Spec Ops: The Line, I have a lot of respect for its narrative. However, there are flaws I found with the actual game aspect of it, enough to disqualify its place in the running. It was a most worthy contender, but unfortunately there are issue I had with it.

anonymity88:
I did love No More Heroes, I should really think about picking up Lollipop Chainsaw.

Depends, personally I think it's Sudas weakest work so if you're comparing it to those games then you might be dissapointed. It's still extremely fun and since its so short you'll have no issue playing it multiple times, like I did.

I guess Jim is just going to ignore the minigames isn't he.

Well if he won't mention it I will mention it.

Baseball minigame.

I'm glad that Jim has the guts to give a game a GOTY award simply by finding it entertaining. I mean who are we to argue against that?

WaitWHAT:

I was rooting for Specs Ops (or Skyrim) as well, but doesn't seem it will be :(

Sylveria:

Assassin Xaero:

I don't do that unless the game is so horrid I can't stand to play it anymore, but I have to finish it for some reason (which has only happened once). Usually I tried to do most of the side stuff. I may give it a shot if I find it cheap somewhere.

wildpeaks:

WaitWHAT:

I was rooting for Specs Ops (or Skyrim) as well, but doesn't seem it will be :(

Skyrim came out last year?

Hey tomorrow a game I've actually played. That so rarely happens anymore.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here