Jimquisition: Jimquisition Awards, Part Three

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Jimquisition Awards, Part Three

The very first Jimquisition Awards are here! Five days, five games, five awards!

Watch Video

Lollipop Chainsaw tomorrow, I think? I love it.

sindremaster:

That wasn't even in his intro video, though.

Good pick Jim. :) It was just lovely.

If the next game is the one I think it is, I wonder why you picked that one?
Oh, well. :) I'll find out tomorrow.

Lollipop Chainsaw?

For some reason I was expecting Walking Dead to show up on this list (I've never played it, but I keep hearing people talk about it, Jim included)

Go lets see...Dishonored, Lone Survivor, Journey, and (presumably) Lollipop Chainsaw.

One of these 4 will be Jim's game of the year.

I think my money is on Journey, but we'll see.

James Joseph Emerald:

sindremaster:

I think it was, actually. I remember seeing the punk rock zombie who was split in two and fused back together. I'm pretty sure that was from Lollipop Chainsaw.

James Joseph Emerald:

sindremaster:

Possibly to heighten the suspense? ;)

Surprising nobody, I approve of this video.

Lollipop Chainsaw though? Ugh. I wouldn't say it was a bad game exactly, just a very average one that was trying painfully hard to be "quirky".

So, if Lollipop Chainsaw is next, then it confirms that The Walking Dead will be Jim's GOTY.

Just to clear up confusion, there are FIVE games winning awards, not four. Friday's final GOTY winner will not be one of the games shown on Monday through Thursday.

Strain42:
Lollipop Chainsaw?

For some reason I was expecting Walking Dead to show up on this list (I've never played it, but I keep hearing people talk about it, Jim included)

Go lets see...Dishonored, Lone Survivor, Journey, and (presumably) Lollipop Chainsaw.

One of these 4 will be Jim's game of the year.

I think my money is on Journey, but we'll see.

James Joseph Emerald:

sindremaster:

I think it was, actually. I remember seeing the punk rock zombie who was split in two and fused back together. I'm pretty sure that was from Lollipop Chainsaw.

I am actually fairly certain The Walking Dead will end up being his GOTY. Maybe. What he has talked about on Twitter and especially on Podtoid, it seems like the game really hit home for Jim. I think it got more praise from him than Lone Survivor did. I remember he didn't want to talk about it on the podtoid-episode that came out after episode 5, because it would be too emotionally draining. He also dragged the show on, because his wife was playing it in the other room in the meantime, and he didn't want to experience the ending again. Not because it was bad, but because it was so good.

At least that's what I remember. And leaving a game like that out of a show like this would be criminal. My money is on The Walking Dead being his GOTY.

Who else thinks that opening track reminds of Pendulum?

Unfortunately I do not have a PS3 :/

I've been hearing nothing but good things about Journey since release. Kinda jelly.

Also, the lack of Willem Dafoe's input in this award show is heart breaking.

Regardless of what anyone's personal best or second best games of 2012 are I'm pretty sure that Journey is at least 90% of everyone's third best game of 2012.

It's nice when the manditory artsy borderline indy game is so unanimously accepted everyone.

And if tomorrow doesn't turn out to be Lollipop Chainsaw I look forward to seeing what game the golden pompom represents...

Mikeyfell:
Regardless of what anyone's personal best or second best games of 2012 are I'm pretty sure that Journey is at least 90% of everyone's third best game of 2012.

It's nice when the manditory artsy borderline indy game is so unanimously accepted everyone.

And if tomorrow doesn't turn out to be Lollipop Chainsaw I look forward to seeing what game the golden pompom represents...

I think saying that journey will be in 90% of peoples top 3 games of the year would be far off. ^^ Especially when you think about how manny people actually played the game. played journey and it's still not at my top 3. good game though.

I want to play Journey, but I don't have a PS3. It would obviously not come to Xbox, but can we get a Steam port? I'd buy that day 1.

Fun thing being a Nintendo guy is I've never played any of these 4 so far.
Only read about them and watched friends play a few but never actually played them myself.

I really need to play The Walking Dead, I hear the ending is wrenching stuff.

This was going through my head:
Jim: It's going to be one of those controversial ones...
My mind: SPEC OPS!SPEC OPS!
*Jim lifts up the pom pom*
Me: Nooooouuu.

Oh Jim,thank god for you anyway ;)
Also is Lollipop Chainsaw your first Suda51 game?I feel the guy should be given a rest so he can get inspiration more naturally rather than being forced to come up with concepts on the fly.

qeinar:

I think saying that journey will be in 90% of peoples top 3 games of the year would be far off. ^^ Especially when you think about how manny people actually played the game. played journey and it's still not at my top 3. good game though.

It was just a guess, I still can't read minds no matter how hard I message my temples and squint.

Also these "Outstanding Game Awards" aren't in any particular order.

Me and my friends who review/critique/nit-pick-the-crap-out-of/rant about games all have very different top 5 except Journey is everyone's third place.

Wanna see what he thought of Lollipop Chainsaw. Didn't play it, but was oddly intrigued by it.

Game of the Year will be Walking Dead I hope. Or maybe Halo 4 if he wants to throw a bit of a curveball. But hopefully Walking Dead.

ERMAHGEEERD! LERLIPEEERP! Journey has been bumped up the to-play-list.

Oh god, tell me tomorrow's game isn't Lollipop Chainsaw!

i loved lollipop chainsaw... i feel like all the people complaining dont know what satire is...

Oh Jim, Jim, why do you have to be Jim?

If next outstanding game is Lollipop Chainsaw I look forward to the reasoning behind that choice.

T3hSource:
This was going through my head:
Jim: It's going to be one of those controversial ones
My mind: SPEC OPS!SPEC OPS!
*Jim lifts up the pom pom*
Me: Nooooouuu.

Same thing I thought. That was my favorite game of the year, though. Nothing else came close.

I'm assuming Walking Dead is the final winner and the next one is Lollipop Chainsaw. So no Spec Ops: The Line? Don't get me wrong, all the games on the list are fantastic, but I'm a little sad to see Spec Ops isn't one of them.

...maybe the pom-pom is for Spec Ops! >.>

LetalisK:
...maybe the pom-pom is for Spec Ops! >.>

He didn't review it on Dtoid,so I would assume he didn't play it.
But who knows it might be that the golden pom pom with it's endless strings represents the questions raised in Spec Ops' Dubai(the golden city,by that I mean Dubai represents what paradise on Earth could be as an urban environment,even the game's aesthetic design shows how gorgeous it is even when flooded with sand) :D

Of course I'm just going out of my way to "prove" that Spec Ops is the next game derp,gotta love the game's limitless interpretation possibilities

Not having a PS3 sucks.
Also living in this country sucks if you want to play console games and you don't have a lot of money.

Captcha: Mea Culpa. No captcha, it's not my fault... stop judging me! >.<'

I do believe Journey was worthy of an award. Definitely one of the best games I've ever played, and perhaps one of very few things to make me cry. Thank God for Jim for giving such a prestigious award to a fantastic game.

Really need to play Journey, I've only heard good things about that game.
I didn't expect Lollipop Chainsaw at all but I like it, although it might be something else of course.

V TheSystem V:
Wanna see what he thought of Lollipop Chainsaw. Didn't play it, but was oddly intrigued by it.

Game of the Year will be Walking Dead I hope. Or maybe Halo 4 if he wants to throw a bit of a curveball. But hopefully Walking Dead.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-lollipop-chainsaw-229321.phtml
Spoiler: He likes it.

And he doesn't like the Halo series so that's not happening.

I'm still not going to buy a PS3 just to play Journey.

Seriously doubt that Halo made the cut. As fun as that game was, does it measure up to the previous game on the list: Dishonored, Lone Survivor, & Journey. Each of them has level design and gameplay mechanics that kept people going back.(Although Journey is pretty damn linear) The only thing I've gotten out of Halo is hours of online play. The feeling I get as the last man standing and getting my enemy as he reloads isn't something the programmers put in. As great as it is, I've done the same in games like Counter Strike. Then again I could be wrong, maybe it is the number one. Still I feel Jim similar to Yahtzee in that they think some FPS are good, but looks for the out of the norm games for excitement.

So, Jim. I don't want to be mean to you or anything. That would go against my usual thanking god for you after all. But when you post a video whose sole purpose is to state which game gets your award and why... it kinda ruins it, when the video description already mentions exactly that. I don't know how everyone else feels, but I for one like to be surprised when I view countdowns and award lists, so I was just wondering: would it be too much to ask you not to post the names of the winning games in the descriptions for the last videos. Sorry if I'm being rude.

A big fan of yours.

man...I really wish I knew someone who has a ps3.

also these awards should be called the Jimmies.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here