Jimquisition: Jimquisition Awards, Part Three

Pages PREV 1 2

blackrave:
Who else thinks that opening track reminds of Pendulum?

That style of music (not pendulum themselves but the electronic music that like that) is "Liquid Drum n' Bass" or "Liquid Funk". I too would like to know the song title, did I miss it in the credits?

Mikeyfell:
Regardless of what anyone's personal best or second best games of 2012 are I'm pretty sure that Journey is at least 90% of everyone's third best game of 2012...

Not for me. Since the developers stubbornly refuse to port it to PC so that a much larger section of the games market can enjoy it I have no means of playing it as it is just not worth it to support sony who I am still pissed off at for removing the OtherOS feature from the PS3 and buy a PS3 just for one game! I don't care how good it is! One thing is NOT enough to justify spending almost AU$128 on a pre-owned console! (While it is a significant reduction from the $298.00 asking price for a new one it is just too much money for the ability to play ONE game!)

Djaevlenselv:
So, Jim. I don't want to be mean to you or anything. That would go against my usual thanking god for you after all. But when you post a video whose sole purpose is to state which game gets your award and why... it kinda ruins it, when the video description already mentions exactly that. I don't know how everyone else feels, but I for one like to be surprised when I view countdowns and award lists, so I was just wondering: would it be too much to ask you not to post the names of the winning games in the descriptions for the last videos. Sorry if I'm being rude.

A big fan of yours.

The games are announced at the end of the previous episode, that's when the surprise is supposed to happen. Because of the way The Escapist formats its video listings, spoilers in the descriptions are unavoidable. The work around this, I basically announced the game at the end of the last episode, rather than the beginning of the new one. If you watched yesterday's video, you should have had the surprise then, gone into today's video knowing the winner, and then been surprised by the NEXT reveal.

I have a feeling my "unsubtle clue" joke misfired, as people seem to be thinking I deliberately intended them to guess. It's supposed to be obvious. Perhaps next year, if I do more awards, I'll just do straightforward announcements at the end.

Jimothy Sterling:

Djaevlenselv:
So, Jim. I don't want to be mean to you or anything. That would go against my usual thanking god for you after all. But when you post a video whose sole purpose is to state which game gets your award and why... it kinda ruins it, when the video description already mentions exactly that. I don't know how everyone else feels, but I for one like to be surprised when I view countdowns and award lists, so I was just wondering: would it be too much to ask you not to post the names of the winning games in the descriptions for the last videos. Sorry if I'm being rude.

A big fan of yours.

The games are announced at the end of the previous episode, that's when the surprise is supposed to happen. Because of the way The Escapist formats its video listings, spoilers in the descriptions are unavoidable. The work around this, I basically announced the game at the end of the last episode, rather than the beginning of the new one. If you watched yesterday's video, you should have had the surprise then, gone into today's video knowing the winner, and then been surprised by the NEXT reveal.

I have a feeling my "unsubtle clue" joke misfired, as people seem to be thinking I deliberately intended them to guess. It's supposed to be obvious. Perhaps next year, if I do more awards, I'll just do straightforward announcements at the end.

uh huh, uh huh... Jim, have you ever considered moving into a flat with Yahtzee and Graham and Paul from LRR and it being a weekly half hour long sitcom about your antics?

The correct answer is yes.

And open to the floor, is Journey PS3 exclusive then? I was hoping to check it out but I only have a 360 :(

Lollipop chainsaw... this is the 1st time I can actually tell what the hell the clue was supposed to mean.

a game i just would love to play but cant. why not release it for the pc. it has potential for it. hopefully one day.

lol, lollipop chainsaw?? well, the game looks like mindless fun. also a game that dint come out for the pc.

I want this on PC. I think this is the first console game I've said that about.

Also Jim, The Path was great.

Okay, can someone please tell me what that song in the intro is? I need it in my life.

Kurt Cristal:

blackrave:

That style of music (not pendulum themselves but the electronic music that like that) is "Liquid Drum n' Bass" or "Liquid Funk". I too would like to know the song title, did I miss it in the credits?

Zydrate:
Okay, can someone please tell me what that song in the intro is? I need it in my life.

Demigod by Cryogenic Echelon

You can't buy it anywhere but from them, here :
http://cryogenicechelon.bandcamp.com/album/demigod

it is, however, pay what you want price though!

MisterShine:

Kurt Cristal:

blackrave:

Zydrate:

Demigod by Cryogenic Echelon

You can't buy it anywhere but from them, here :
http://cryogenicechelon.bandcamp.com/album/demigod

it is, however, pay what you want price though!

Oh brilliant. It's essentially free O_O
And I was just thinking of putting it on my Youtube. That's much better! Thanks!

I want to get this game, even knowing how smug the game's creator is. It still looks quite enjoyable and I have requested quite a bit of Sony cash, so maybe I'll finally pick it up.

What's that music at the intro.

Jimothy Sterling:

Djaevlenselv:

A big fan of yours.

Ah, I see. That went completely over my head. Sorry for complaining then. I shall never question your wisdom again :)

does anyone know the opening track? it sounds a bit like celldwellr

EDIT: demigod by cryogenic echelon

Would be cool if people actually read the post (or the ones for the last two videos) for the song title, instead of just posting and hoping someone comes in later and tells them the thing that's already been said a dozen times...

Damn, the amount of port begging is kind of sad. Game doesn't need to be on PC/Xbox, just get a PS3. It's meant to be experienced on the PS3.

Journey was one of the best gaming experiences I've had this year, so I approve.

Shame aboute the exclusive thing. I'd love to play it but it seems they don't want my money

Let me declare my interest here for both Journey and Lollipop Chainsaw on the PC. xD
Chances are I won't play them otherwise, or only when Emulators for these consoles will be out.

The video is gone. Where has the bumbaclot video gone?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here