Jimquisition: Jimquisition Awards, Part Five

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Jimquisition Awards, Part Five

The final Jimquisition Award is here! Four days have passed, four winners have been crowned. Now is time to hail the game of the year. This is 2012's ultimate champion.

Watch Video

Gah, you don't know how frustrating it is to not have a working console at the moment, as soon as I have the time and money to invest in something I can play this game on I will buy it!

These awards overall have been fun, kudos to you Jim.

I've heard they're planning to release all the episodes as one game soon. Any chance anyone knows when that'll be available?

Thanks, Jim. Now I really feel stupid for choosing to get Serious Sam 3 instead of the Walking Dead episodes on sale. BFE really has disappointed me, with its framerate always staying below 30 fps and its controls being on par with Duke Nukem Forever.

Hopefully, a Holiday Sale will give it another discount, so I can buy it without thinking, "Gee, I didn't save $30 there."

Fappy:
I've heard they're planning to release all the episodes as one game soon. Any chance anyone knows when that'll be available?

It's already there - came out December 11th.

it is the game of the year, al thoegh im still wondering what happened to molly of ep 4.

AND JIM: WHERE DID YOU GOT THAT HAT?!
pls

lazarus1209:

Fappy:

Yeah, just looked at the wiki page. I think I know what I am playing this weekend...

EDIT: Scratch that. Going to wait for Steam to put it a bit more on sale. 25% off right now, but I bet it'll hit 50% before the winter sale is over.

oh drop the act, Jim
we all know the only reason Xenoblade didn't win the final reward is that you couldn't get a decent Monado replica to use as a subtle hint in time.
oh well. it can't be helped

On the PSN, and the XBLA,
South o the Mason/Dixie line,
There was dwellin, a former felon,
and his daughter Clementine.

DVS BSTrD:
On the PSN, and the XBLA,
South o the Mason/Dixie line,
There was dwellin, a former felon,
and his daughter Clementine.

eh?

Enjoyed the award show. All respectable choices but I have zero interest in Lollipop Chainsaw.

I have to say, at the end of the game, I was both bawling like a infant as well as screaming at my computer screen in a white hot frothy rage. The ending was beautiful.

Edit: Question to you all. Did you at any point stop playing because you couldn't bring yourself to make some of the choices?

And no Spec Ops The Line. Curse you, Jim. Curse you, cruel God.

Jimothy Sterling:

The final Jimquisition Award is here! Four days have passed, four winners have been crowned. Now is time to hail the game of the year. This is 2012's ultimate champion.

Watch Video

Hey jim, you mentioned that Bethesda told you they were pleased with winning one of the top games of the year, can we know if there has been any other company responses to the awards show?

For those asking about the hat: Like most of the props I end up using on the show, I'm on the publisher's review mailing list (as I write reviews for Destructoid). PR companies often send all sorts of shit and tat which I usually use on the Jimquisition because I've got nothing else to do with them.

FelixG:

Jimothy Sterling:

Watch Video

Hey jim, you mentioned that Bethesda told you they were pleased with winning one of the top games of the year, can we know if there has been any other company responses to the awards show?

Sure can!

Lone Survivor: Jasper was thrilled.

Journey: A guy from Sony sent me a photoshopped picture of a baby holding a picture of my face.

Lollipop Chainsaw: James Gunn said it was, "The happiest moment of my life." Suda 51 said, "Nice!"

Jimothy Sterling:

FelixG:

Jimothy Sterling:

Watch Video

Sure can!

Lone Survivor: Jasper was thrilled.

Journey: A guy from Sony sent me a photoshopped picture of a baby holding a picture of my face.

Lollipop Chainsaw: James Gunn said it was, "The happiest moment of my life." Suda 51 said, "Nice!"

Very cool! Congrats on the positive feedback, and thanks for the response.

I look forward to seeing this next year!

Update: I've been informed that I've returned the favor to TellTale, and now some of them are crying thanks to the video. :)

When I think about all the games that have had an impact on me this year, this one gets me the most. Nothing prepared me for the ending which I loved and made me cry.

Good awards show Jim!

Hope you can do one every year.

And you could! :D Because the world didn't end today!

Hmmmm....Did you have something to do with that Jim?

My only gripe with The Walking Dead was how if I was to replay it I had to watch
every
single
cutscene
for
its
full
duration
and it put me off seeing the alternative results of a potentially more pragmatic, more heartless or more moral Lee.

That being said, the ending I got was the best possible ending I could have hoped for.

A game deserving of much praise for its story, characters, decision making, consequences and having the best child character I can possibly think of.

Sure mechanically it causes a bit of frustration but it hits the nail on the head in every other area.

Jim, I must applaud you for this week of awards. Not only well done, it shows as a barometer as why you are worth listening to. I started off not a fan of your show. Only cheeking in when you had an episode of interest.Then started to watch on a weekly basis. Still not my favorite show of the week, but I think that has more to do with tastes being different is all. Well done, and I hope that you do something similar with unappreciated game of the year. Be nice to know what I might of missed during the year.

Even if you don't, the show be worth watching. Best of luck with Holidays, and hopefully you get that coal powered death machine working. You've done well this year in getting someone who isn't a fan, becoming a fan just on quality.

Fappy:

lazarus1209:

Fappy:

Yeah, just looked at the wiki page. I think I know what I am playing this weekend...

EDIT: Scratch that. Going to wait for Steam to put it a bit more on sale. 25% off right now, but I bet it'll hit 50% before the winter sale is over.

They had it on sale just during the last Steam sale for $10. I told everyone in the Brovengers but noooooooo, no one ever listens to the raving fanboy. XD
It's also going on sale on XBLA some when this month too. XD

But yeah, The Walking Dead is fantastic. Simply the best game I've played this year.

yes emotional is a very overused phrase really the only game that I played that I can truly call emotional is mother 3.

Abomination:

What? How did you get that? I demand to know! All I got was

I'm not sure why but I simply didn't like The Walking Dead so much. Maybe my expectation were too high or something like that but I didn't enjoy it all that much and didn't think it was that good. However, I can see why others praise it and love it so much.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the award show, all the games you picked can be considered great games of 2012 and you give great explanations as to why you chose them.
Looking forward to next year, I assume there will be one again since you called it the annual award show?

Jimothy Sterling:
Update: I've been informed that I've returned the favor to TellTale, and now some of them are crying thanks to the video. :)

Nice. Congrats, Jim. I've always been hesitant about picking up The Walking Dead because I don't read the comics or watch the show, but from what I've seen and heard, that doesn't really matter, and I can enjoy the game on its own merits.

And I think I'll do just that.

Congratulations to The Walking Dead. Seriously, was there ever any doubt?

BioWare can definitely learn (or re-learn) a thing or two from Telltale.

game of the year= the walking dead = +80 charisma

Well, i agree with Jim. He`s dead on about The Walking Dead. I love such emotional stuff, and by god, did that game press the right buttons. Now, i need to advertize the game to everyone.

The overall Awards show was quite nice, as well. IŽd love to see another one like this, next year. With possibly The Walking Dead still being in there, and all.

Any Runners-Up, Jim?

Yep, totally expected and nothing I didn't already know as I'd already played it myself and experienced the same things. But it's always nice to see a game that isn't some big AAA title with a budget in the millions of dollars and a big name publisher behind it get the credit it deserves, and The Walking Dead honestly deserves nothing less than Game of the Year. It delivered on so many things that those big name titles constantly promise but never deliver. Perfect example, The Walking Dead is how you properly do moral choices, not the bullshit that Mass Effect or inFamous pull. One blatantly good choice and one blatantly bad choice is not a moral choice, it's just picking whatever choice gives you more points in your meter for either good or bad because you must fill one and precisely one meter while not letting a single point get into the other one if you don't want to get locked out of content. And Jim already talked about doing child characters in an earlier episode so no need for me to repeat it.

Face it, AAA game industry: the little guys kicked your collective asses. But don't feel ashamed, just take some time out to play The Walking Dead and learn from it, so that the next time you promise deep characters or moral choices, you can fucking deliver instead of doing the crap you've been doing for years again.

keosegg:

Abomination:

What? How did you get that? I demand to know! All I got was

Pretty sure that Abomination is lying out of his ass:

If Abomination did get a special cutscene, I demand video or photo proof. But honestly, if this was an actual thing in the game, we would have heard about it long before some random clown on the Escapist forum mentioned it, and there would already be videos of it on YouTube (of which I can find none). So yeah, I feel pretty safe in calling Abomination a liar liar pants on fire.

Jimothy Sterling:

Nice.

Liability tier?
No mention to perhaps one of the most hated characters in the game. Who simple existence caused so much harm and misery to those around him?

This game is amazing how they made me hate a character so much despite he is never actually doing anything against you intentionally.

Although I'm against the games decision of not letting you get rid of him as you see him.

My only other real problem with the game is that your decisions did effect the story, but didn't really effect the out come. Not having a character here, while having a character there basically amounted to different dialog, but the end result would always be the same. Still a step in the right direction I guess. For example is you saved X at one point of the game, they might shine a light in someone's eye to blind them as appose to simply shooting them. End result of course is that they get taken care off, and you are still given the choice to finish off this character, or simply knock them out.

Wonderful. :( Jim too.
Now we can expect more quicktime events in future games. Most of us are now calling for movies, not gameplay.

I also love how the genre listed beneath the vid is "RPG".

Well then. That was, um, a five part awards show! From a video host who generally uses comedy to entertain his audience. An award show that over the course of 15-20 minutes contained about two jokes overall.

I'll be happy enough when Jim gets back to the usual format.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here