Reel Physics: The A-Team - Tank Flying

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

The A-Team - Tank Flying

See if you can actually fly through the friendly skies with a tank.

Watch Video

these series.....
i look forward to see a lot more in the future.

but please include the sources where you found the raw data so we can calculate and properly discuss.

sooo... just mythbusters but on the escapist and without bad acting?

Well that was fun. A good first episode. And I still need to see the A-Team...

Cool looks fun :) loved that film too.

Ok I bite-

While you did explain that it would be possible in real life but another question is, can you do all of that without having the crew unscratch (as in no injury/ broken bones)?
Ok maybe they were strap in during the plunge into the water but they were facing down toward it or better yet wouldn't Face recieve the most injuried? I mean he was knock back when that plane exploded?

Pretty cool.
I'll be awaiting your return next week.

GACK! PHYSICS AND MATH! My one weakness!

This looks like an interesting series. The filmbuff in me is thrilled.

Scarim Coral:
Ok I bite-

While you did explain that it would be possible in real life but another question is, can you do all of that without having the crew unscratch (as in no injury/ broken bones)?
Ok maybe they were strap in during the plunge into the water but they were facing down toward it or better yet wouldn't Face recieve the most injuried? I mean he was knock back when that plane exploded?

Your average modern roller coaster will exceed 3g. There are a few other variables like the direction of the force, but yeah the impact with the water is survivable.

This rocks. Looking forward to more.

Yay! Maths and physics that doesn't involve a test at the end!

Also funny that it turns out there's a lot of thought put into the scene.

Hell yeah, MATH!

Derivatives, holla!

I'm actually interested in seeing this go on. The banter is a bit plastic, as usual, but it's a very interesting series. You did good, escapist.

Great new show, i like it.

Question:
Wouldn't the tank be damaged when hitting the water ?
Especially the barrel ?

Neat new series, looking forward to more episodes.

Random Argument Man:

Wouldn't that be two weaknesses? Oh, right, math is one of your weaknesses :P

Cool beans. Also science. I look forward to more.

I look forward too seeing what you guys do in the future, welcome to the escapist. If you ever make me do homework, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Irridium:
Neat new series, looking forward to more episodes.

Random Argument Man:

Wouldn't that be two weaknesses? Oh, right, math is one of your weaknesses :P

I see that you saw what I did there.

Captcha: Choco lazer boom... Why does this seem like a chocobo limit break?

My brain just suffered a severe trauma from trying to comprehend the maths and physics in this video! However such a vegetative state is fair trade for such an entertaining new series. I'll be keeping my eye on this.

I think this show will be a great compliment to the other series on The Escapist. It'll be interesting to see how the showrunners develop it and try to alter and improve the format in the coming weeks.

I like this. My one remark on this episode would be. Yes they can survive the impact with the water, but what about the impact with the bottom of the lake? how deep would the water have to be for them to slow down enough so they don't impact the lake bed with more then a survivable G-force?

I'd also like to see them do Iron Man. Tony Stark would have died so many times do to burning, organ liquefaction several times in the first half hour.

The talking felt a bit awkward but I'll ignore that as it was the first episode.

In general I think the idea of this show is great as long as you know you maths, as you seem to do. Furthermore I am delighted to see that you are using the SI-system (metric I believe you call it).

Keep it up and I will be looking forward to more.

I too look forward to seeing more of this series :)

rhizhim:
these series.....
i look forward to see a lot more in the future.

but please include the sources where you found the raw data so we can calculate and properly discuss.

i second this
and really good first episode but isn't next week Christmas? will there be an episode? will it be tree-related?

and i think i will rewatch it now and pause for every calculation.

captcha: more better
yes, i agree

Yeh, sounds aboot right. *COUGH*

I wanted to see them calculate the "steering" portion when they were firing sideways to position themselves over the lake. Sounds like the gun recoil wouldn't have done much. Especially with the parachute swing factored in.

I approve of this series!

damnit, where's more of it?!

Scarim Coral:
Ok I bite-

Racing drivers especially in top tier racing such as Formula 1 often suffer much higher G-forces sustained over the course of a race (90 minutes), but racing cars are designed with a safety cell and the drivers were seat belts and other safety devices, tanks aren't built around safety (quite the opposite actually) so I assume they would be bouncing around in the compartment.

I never even considered that they were shooting down to slow themselves... When I saw the movie I thought they were shooting down to make the water in the lake unruly because moving water offers less resistance... Which, in hindsight, I guess makes about as much sense as using the recoil to slow them down.

I like this series, and hope to see more of it!

Can you guys please put the citations as links below the video, so we don't have to manually copy them if we're interested in reading more?

Okay, but how about the helicopter flip?

Thank you guys !! This have been awesome :D My Tuedays have just gotten a lot more meaning ;)

Science is awesome!

This video... I like it!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook