Movie Trailers: Star Trek: Into Darkness - Teaser Trailer

Star Trek: Into Darkness - Teaser Trailer

In the latest trailer for Star Trek: Into Darkness you get a better view of the possible bad guy.

Watch Video

He could be Khan. It looks more reminiscent of the episode "Space Seed." (With 8 zillion dollars in CGI and lens flares but still)

Doesn't give us much more than the announcement teaser or whatever.

tehweave:
He could be Khan. It looks more reminiscent of the episode "Space Seed." (With 8 zillion dollars in CGI and lens flares but still)

Space Seed would be a better start anyway.

So this is what Sherlock does in his spare time. Become a villain in a sci fi CGI extravaganza. >.>

OT: On the plus side, Kirk seems alot more mature now. Less make up. Or more of it. I'unno. Rugged look. Maybe they learned that from Looper. Best chin prosthetic I've ever seen.

Well, this looks even more disappointing than I was expecting, which is impressive work given how low my expectations were after the first one.

Seriously, what is up with JJ's obsession with people jumping off things? The "space jump" thing was retarded in the last film, but not only does it see a return here apparently, people seem to be jumping off fucking everything; buildings, cliffs, space ships...

Come on Hollywood, pick up the pace, I count at least three of my favourite fictions that you've not yet managed to brutally rape up the backside with a cactus, you're slipping!

Oh, the "need of the many" scene.

Wonder who would the bad guy be then. Shame, I always wanted Willem Dafoe to play Khan. :(

Magichead:
Well, this looks even more disappointing than I was expecting, which is impressive work given how low my expectations were after the first one.

Seriously, what is up with JJ's obsession with people jumping off things? The "space jump" thing was retarded in the last film, but not only does it see a return here apparently, people seem to be jumping off fucking everything; buildings, cliffs, space ships...

Come on Hollywood, pick up the pace, I count at least three of my favourite fictions that you've not yet managed to brutally rape up the backside with a cactus, you're slipping!

Which three are they, dare I ask?

-----

Benedict Cumberbatch as the main antagonist. *SQUEEEE!!!*

So... Kirk's brother? Cousin? They're related in some fashion.

I just want to point out that this is not the teaser trailer, this is the official trailer.

This is the teaser trailer:

Part of me hopes we see a shout out to the "KHAN!" Scene somewhere, and part of me hopes we don't simply because.....well, it's one of those classic scenes.

Apart from that, doesn't look too bad but I'm not really that much of a star trek fan but

Captcha: Puppy. D'aww! The Captcha even came with a cute little puppy doggy picture as well! ^^

Am I the only one that was not excited by this.
I enjoyed the previous movie, even if there were a lot of conveniences,plotholes at the most crucial point; kirk being beamed to the exact same location as old spock and the engineer guy who had beaming theories, so they could save the day

The IMAX preview was so generic. SPOILER
Spock: that's against the prime directive!let me die
the doctor guy: we're trying to save you! godammit!
kirk: what would spock do?
doctor: he would let you die

duh duh duhhhh

The whole film is going to be about this. Some character development. Sherlock will get captured and escape.

Actually it will probably be a very entertaining movie as they will build on the kirk-spock dynamic but there won't be anything else special.

IronMit:
Am I the only one that was not excited by this.
I enjoyed the previous movie, even if there were a lot of conveniences,plotholes at the most crucial point; kirk being beamed to the exact same location as old spock and the engineer guy who had beaming theories, so they could save the day

The IMAX preview was so generic. SPOILER
Spock: that's against the prime directive!let me die
the doctor guy: we're trying to save you! godammit!
kirk: what would spock do?
doctor: he would let you die

duh duh duhhhh

The whole film is going to be about this. Some character development. Sherlock will get captured and escape.

Actually it will probably be a very entertaining movie as they will build on the kirk-spock dynamic but there won't be anything else special.

Yeah you're not the only one. Though I never was excited about about JJ Abrams doing Star Trek after he came out and said he knows nothing about Star Trek... and it showed. Sadly it looks like he'll continue to have HIS star trek having as little as is possible to do with the actual Star Trek shows and movies other. Even the later movies the infamous odd numbered Star Treks at least looked and felt like Star Trek.

You know reflecting on it, the first Abrams Star Trek felt more like the dream project of some reality TV producer that knows how to make a movie big budget action movie then it felt like Star Trek. The entire crew is made up of early 20 somethings that spend too much time talking about personal dramas. Kirk and Picard always felt like they were in command of a ship crewed with professionals instead of the USS Jersey Shore.

Scorpid:

yep. But it's not that it's a bad movie, its really entertaining (minus the super contrivance that slaps you in the face), it's just not a star trek film. (or maybe all the crap films recently have lowered my standards so I have to see it as a glass half full lol)

The writer and director know how to make a good movie; they execute the simple generic formula well and simply applied it to the star trek brand. entertaining but not star trek.

Plinkett who made the famous star wars review, reviewed this also;

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-trek/star-trek-09/

I wish there was more space exploring in these movies. "Boldly going" and all that. The other Star Trek movies kinda got away with being big action fests because they had many years of the show where they were exploring strange new worlds and social issues through a sci-fi lense. The movies were kind of an indulgence.

These new ones don't seem to have any of that. It just kinda feels like they aren't living up to their pedigree. They're fun enough but they can, and should, be about more than that.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here