The Videogame Prophecy

The Videogame Prophecy

Our favorite games may have been trying to warn us of impending disaster for years.

Read Full Article

You know, every time I play Fate of the World, things really start to fall apart at around 2070. Thankfully, I'll probably not be around to experience that!

What I took from this article is: WE'RE ALL DOOMED!

Given todays date, seems appropriate.

Thanks Question, we all feel much safer knowing what may be in store for us.

Let's not forget that when we start mining on Mars, we're going to find that Prothean facility, which will lead us to discover the Mass Effect of Element Zero and eventually have the Earth under attack by the Reapers.

Dygen Entreri:
Let's not forget that when we start mining on Mars, we're going to find that Prothean facility, which will lead us to discover the Mass Effect of Element Zero and eventually have the Earth under attack by the Reapers.

Ah, yes, 'Reapers'. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim...

OT: Fun article though. I love the Escapist backdrop too. Raining cats & dogs into a sea of fire? Now I know what was missing from '2012' - besides acting.

How about in 2097 where most of the world has been dominated by mutated creatures after civilization was destroyed by a great war and the earth's axis shifted. (Crystalis)

I find it sad how you didn't mention that Deus Ex 1 had the WTC destroyed by terrorists because the developers didn't have enough space to render it a year before 9/11 happened.

That was a blast. Sure, we are all screwed, but as the robo-hordes begin tunneling into our underground bunkers I'll get the joy of saying, "I told you s-AAARRRGGGHHH!"

Wish that Metro 2033 worked into the narrative, great game with a date right in the title.

Btw, this background is pretty great. Is there any way I can set this to my default background later?

Kieve:

Dygen Entreri:

Ah, yes, 'Reapers'. The immortal race of sentient starships allegedly waiting in dark space. We have dismissed this claim...

Well played Councilor, well played.

I'm still waiting for the prophecy of the Mutant League to come to pass. In that I'm waiting for the Mutant League to exist.

Are there any games about fluff pieces being written and published to fill space during the holidays?

Welp. Guess it's time to move to Madagascar.

I'm just waiting for the first Speedball leagues to be established (in 2095). Speedball 2 may well be the greatest sequel ever.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here